Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

8 minutes ago, Eres said:

Gush katana that can heal nearby party members <--- no one will use this

I would use this on fomarl with halo costume exclusively while playing with HUs that use DF special

As u can see this is a custom server of PSOBB, that being said, i wanna propous to implement "the Blackill" ID

u imagine u sitting at lobby with ur black chair that would be awesome.

Please if u guys like this proposal just like my coment and type about it.

Being a custom server doesn't imply anything would be implemented (either because the administration doesn't like it, the community doesn't like it or it just can't be done).

In this case, it can't be done.
Many things in game are hardcoded to 10 IDs (mostly configuration files and some textures)
It wouldn't be wise to even try to alter that (IMO), and would be pretty tedious to get it right.

Give Newmans more Mats!

Newmans have some insane base -> max gaps and both FO require 2 mags to play optimally and Huney ends up with less MST than RAmarl in the end because of her mat limit, and at the same time has 2 less slots for units because she requires an arm unit and Smartlink. 

I'd like to see Newmans get at least 200 mats. I understand this would cause a lot of mat plans people have already used to become less than optimal, but in the end you won't end up any worse off being able to use more mats.

• Like 1

On 7/24/2017 at 8:51 PM, Arturoux said:

How about zanba getting an upgrade from chromatic orb? Nothing spectacularly op...but hiw about an increase of enemies attack or some such. It seems like such a hard to use weapon being melee AND zerk. A higher reward for a higher risk seems appropriate, esp. at higher levels

No. It's already stronger than dark flow as is, and chromatic orb doesn't need more things.

On 7/27/2017 at 4:32 PM, Fyrewolf5 said:

No. It's already stronger than dark flow as is, and chromatic orb doesn't need more things.

I apologize, I'm having a hard time understanding how a zanba is stronger than a dark flow. Could you please explain how 600 atp less and a decrease in ata makes it stronger as is?

1 hour ago, Arturoux said:

I apologize, I'm having a hard time understanding how a zanba is stronger than a dark flow. Could you please explain how 600 atp less and a decrease in ata makes it stronger as is?

I don't think it's quite as strong, but it is pretty decent. Berserk and a bit of hit make Zanba a pretty nice weapon. Plus add in SD/JZ and you can probably clear a room faster than you could with a DF.

3 hours ago, Arturoux said:

This dark flow has 80% abeast (i.e. 1980 atp)

pso1501311158.png

This Zanba has 0% abeast (i.e. 514 atp)

pso1501311065.png

This Laconium Axe has 45% abeast (1137.5 atp)

pso1501311281.png

Critical Hit

pso1501311284.png

This Vjaya has 0 abeast (220 atp, I havent even grinded it)

pso1501315952.png

This next picture is still not anywhere near maximum possible damage, can go much higher than this (over 7k is quite likely possible, enough to ohko nearly everything).

25zjeo0.jpg

Note also that the zanba is hitting quite well on the first attack. Do not underestimate this weapon. With 0% attribute it is still stronger than a nearly sphered DF, and that gap would increase drastically if both were fully sphered (DF gains <100 damage, Zanba gains >450-750 damage). If you are concerned about accuracy, you can also go for Yunchang, which while slightly less on atp, has 11 more ata, a faster animation, is available to all hunters instead of just males, and different hitbox. Real Flowens 3084 is also comparably strong to Zanba with spirit special instead of berserk. Swords and Partisans both hit up to 10 targets in a large area, making them much more useful for damage than excal, which is extremely limited range and tends to dmc itself quite alot if it's hitting something with multiple hitboxes, which a sword/partisan would not do nearly as much since the damages don't happen simultaneously.

(though if you do get a large amount of enemies that stack on top of each other like claws in ttfu or sorcerers in hod, it is actually possible to trigger mag with zanba/yunchang hitting many things simultaneously, though they really really need to actually be stacked to get the hits off together into a single instance of self damage.)

Remember your quest training. It's important to pay attention to how your weapon performs instead of just looking at the face value always. It's actually a mechanic specifically built into the game that you have to test your gear and not make assumptions about it based on appearances alone. The strongest weapons in the game are often quite deceptive.

Edited by Fyrewolf5
  • Like 2

@Fyrewolf5 Though Laconium Axe, despite its appearance and sword animation, only hit one target.

And when it comes to single target weapons, there is just a crap load of it that will out damage DF on 1 vs 1

Now I think your little demonstration is lacking something, since you're using the special of all those weapons, except DF.

1FzQSJ5.png 

So yeah, basically am too lazy to put on the "transparent skin" (but anyway the damage number are stacking on top of each other so it's barely readable), but my damage (as a Hunewearl, which has less ATP than Humar) is ~810 and ~1250 in critical.

Now with DF special directly facing a monster, the special hits 5 times. So that's basically ~4050 damages or ~6250 with critical, each time you launch your special.

Now ok, you must be close from the monster (well if you're not, you're just hitting more monster with less damage) and you need your HP below 10%.

What about Zanba ? Berzerk on a sword will also get your HP very low quite quickly, and it doesn't stop at 10%.
What about Vjaya ? Almost no drawback on that one, very good weapon. But well, you can't just spam it without losing all your meseta at the speed of light. Hell, can't even do a complete run with Vjaya if you got your 3 M mesetas (inventory + common bank + character bank)

Each weapon has it's avantages and disadvantages. At the end, if you're not using the special (because the situation is dangerous or you don't meet the prerequisite), Dark Flow is the strongest for crowd control (as a hunter) because it just has the most ATP.

Personally, I'd use all 3 of them (not on this huney of course !) depending on the situation. Keep in mind that Zanba is especially good with Dark Flow, because you can drop your HP smartly : by dealing damage to monster instead of killing yourself by fighting the wind (coucou Girasole, coucou Lavis).

Edited by Misombre
Forgot Zalure
  • Like 1

the best wep in DPS  of the game is the wave of the DF, even more powerfull than DM and lk, coz when ur still shoooting, u already kill the moobs with the wave of the df, so definily if u training u dont need to spheres the df coz already work without any % just the hit.

but @Fyrewolf5 have a really good point zanba really works using berserk

i guess @Arturoux want the zanba doing great damage just doing hard attack

1 hour ago, assface said:

the best wep in DPS  of the game is the wave of the DF, even more powerfull than DM and lk, coz when ur still shoooting, u already kill the moobs with the wave of the df, so definily if u training u dont need to spheres the df coz already work without any % just the hit.

but @Fyrewolf5 have a really good point zanba really works using berserk

i guess @Arturoux want the zanba doing great damage just doing hard attack

Well thats kinda wrong... if you dont sphere DF you loose 1,1k atp which is a lot. I mean i can df 2 delbiters within 1 freeze trap. (With 100 dark) but you cant with 50% or 0%

On df i recoment to sphere stats first cause its a huge diffrence between not sphered and sphered lol

@Misombre I'm well aware laconium axe is one target, I just threw it in for lulz (and it somewhat substitutes for a low-medium stat excal for comparison). As you say, DF special is not really the fairest of comparisons since it does hit 5 times on one target, though if I wanted to be nitpicking I could go and point out that zanba can hit 10 targets, so it's clearly just doing even more damage than that, or I could even go as far as some impossible example of stealth sword hitting delbiters that all charged into the same spot, but that would be a bit silly, both on actual practicality and on theoretical damage (45k+, even considering only 5/10 get hit by demon's activation), though a slicer of fanatic could still reach insane numbers and is much more viable overall. However, DF special is extremely situational, basically only for certain single target enemies. Trying to compare that special to something like another sword is apples to oranges; a better comparison would be set it against something like charge vulcans or daylight scar (i.e. other single target dps weapons).

As a general use aoe weapon, zanba definitely outclasses df in many regards; the purpose of the examples however was just to demonstrate that there is really no need to buff a weapon like Zanba that is already as insanely strong as it is. I made my comparison quite generous by using my 0abeast zanba against an 80 abeast df and it still outclassed it by a good bit. I could have put a 100abeast one on hucast and instead shown it doing significantly more damage than DF too (df averaging 2150 on crit, zanba averaging 2750-2850 on crit).

After a certain point it no longer really matters to compare in this case, not only because if the zanba did have even just a moderate amount of abeast on it, then it will start killing groups of vulmers in one single crit, which df cannot do even at 100% (or say df NH vs zanba NS combo with no crits), but also because in the same situation Vjaya will make both of them just look silly by killing without even needing to crit with better accuracy and animation and arguably better hitbox (also, meseta rooms ftw). Once you have access to 20+ shifta, DF starts to really fall off vs other options for general use.

Edited by Fyrewolf5
  • Like 2