Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

6 hours ago, jnorland101 said:

Switch photon blasts to 8 9 0 instead of ctrl left down right? Seems like accidental blasts happen all the time. Anyone else agree?

It is in fact an annoyance but sadly I don't think I can do it.
Controls are kinda hard to mess with, I haven't been able to enable the secondary hotkeys when using keyboard.

1 hour ago, Piston Hyundai said:

Let us turn down the rare monster rates like we can with the XP rates. Hunting for a Lame D'argent is a nightmare at times.

I'll keep this in mind for Aselia, but I don't know if I'd do it in the current server.

Since that affects the whole room, I'd have to add quite a few things (as in programming related) before I can let people turn it down.

• Like 1

Not taking credit for this but a 'Meseta' Mag was proposed by a person in my game today. I thought that would be a funky idea for a mag cell and with a varied of colors too.

Curious, could you implement some of the stuff from PSZ/PSO2? There is a ton to take from and perhaps could implement in your own unique way, tailored for PSO.

Like in PSO2, you can have exp/rare drop boosters that last for a certain period of time; either from an item or a 'drink' being consumed. Time only decreases when you're in game and stops when one is in the lobby etc...

Introduce magic boosting buffs/elemental debuff that's found in PSU? (just a thought)

Anyway to add in the 'guard/block' that's found in PSP2/PSZ and PSO2

What do you think of PSOBB Reborn?: https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/introducing-the-pso-rebalance-project-psobb-reborn.4183/

Thanks

- Can't do models, so can't do such mag, maybe if the model for the meseta thing is the right format.

- We have already thought of usable items to boost certain things, if that's going to happen it will be in Aselia.

- Boosting techs outside of the existing ways (equipped items) is kinda complicated.

- Guard/Block? You mean like some sort of defensive stance? No, not possible.

- It's a lot of work?

Sorry for late reply.

-Ah! So you can't do a model swap or creating a model and applying it over an already existing item?

-That's cool, sounds good! :)

-Gotcha and yeah it does sound complicated if you were to create additional techniques. Is it possible to boost magic/resistance using shifta and deband?

-Yeah in PSP2/PSZ/PSO2, there's a guard/block/counter function. I was thinking since the character models do such a thing anyways when blocking an enemies attacks/even lobby animation, its something you could press abutton to block attacks of monsters/bosses etc. Not the best video but couple of seconds it being done: https://youtu.be/9Ob8ZyEP8BM?t=2m39s

-Possible to add in the roll/dodge ability as seen in those games?

-Re-balance/make drop swaps/amendments to some of the current existing items in ultimate? Like some of the episode 2 drops on the monsters are quite pointless. Makes certain levels not really worth hunting because the drops are so awful.

-Yeah totally, it does seem a lot of hard work. I don't really like half of the stuff he has done to it. I can see his perspective though, but what I do like is how he has made meleeing with a rod quite useful since its multi-targeting. Definitively some stuff to learn from his progress on what he has done and figured out.

Thanks 

@Junsui It seems like you're trying to make a whole new game. Not that am against new ideas or "improvements", but you can't really change the fondamental of pso (like adding a guard/roll/dodge).

At the end I think the people here want to play to pso, not some kind of mutated version of pso. If you change too much the gameplay of pso, well it's not pso anymore. Of course, you can still have fun and change the whole game mechanic if you have the time to do so, and even open your very own server with all those drastic changes but... that's for another topic then =)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Misombre said:

@Junsui It seems like you're trying to make a whole new game. Not that am against new ideas or "improvements", but you can't really change the fondamental of pso (like adding a guard/roll/dodge).

At the end I think the people here want to play to pso, not some kind of mutated version of pso. If you change too much the gameplay of pso, well it's not pso anymore. Of course, you can still have fun and change the whole game mechanic if you have the time to do so, and even open your very own server with all those drastic changes but... that's for another topic then =)

Haha, not entirely true but I can see where you're going with it.

I am just throwing down ideas that is all. Whether it is possible or not; I just like the usefulness of this thread and see if it could 'possible' be implemented because we never had a say before, so might aswell put some ideas down because we can this time.

Its mostly out of curiosity though and seeing if its possible; but I am not expecting it to be made apparent. It is also good on Soly's and the dev team behalf to be challenged with these questions as it may reveal the limitations or possibilities on the server(s) and their skillset/knowledge. 

The questions I may have asked were probably already said back throughout the thread's lifecycle (I don't know) or people may wanted to say something similar; but haven't said it for reasons. They may appear a bit far-fetch or too much for PSO but I don't really care about that. I am just saying it out of curiosity on how far Soly and dev team can push their prowess because I'd like know what they can and can't do; just for the sake of knowing. :)

• Like 1

Model swap can be done but the model has to be the correct format.

The problem with roll/dodge is that such thing would require animations and code that don't exist in game and/or is to complicated to code into it, just like jumping.

Maybe some people like parts (or everything) that he has done so far but that is a lot of changes to the core of the game that might not be compatible with what we are trying to achieve here.

1 hour ago, jnorland101 said:

What if items on the ground displayd how much meseta they could be sold for

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I don't think that is worth it, and even if it was, making that in game is complicated.

However I could probably add such thing in the item reader.

How about zanba getting an upgrade from chromatic orb? Nothing spectacularly op...but hiw about an increase of enemies attack or some such. It seems like such a hard to use weapon being melee AND zerk. A higher reward for a higher risk seems appropriate, esp. at higher levels

Justo ahora, Arturoux dijo:

How about zanba getting an upgrade from chromatic orb? Nothing spectacularly op...but hiw about an increase of enemies attack or some such. It seems like such a hard to use weapon being melee AND zerk. A higher reward for a higher risk seems appropriate, esp. at higher levels

would be just perfect if this wep be more atp

• Like 1