Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

1 minute ago, Misombre said:

I'd love to see Dark Flow be usable by Forces. Or at the very least Fomar/Fonewearl, because Fomarl are OP and Fonewm is ugly :^)

but then also make dark meteor avaiable on fomarl ;)

5 hours ago, Night said:

but then also make dark meteor avaiable on fomarl ;)

Dark Meteor should be usable by Hucaseal, to be honest. They have such shitty guns, they could really use DM

*whistle*

Edited by Misombre
Because I fear that some people actually thought I was serious. So I let this here : this is irony

Would it be possible to have a command that would turn on a timer ? In the case, of course, that a quest doesn't already have a timer.

Would be nice to do some time attack on quests or runs that doesn't have a timer. It could be something super "light", like just a countdown for the player using the command, not something room wide (because it could cause some issue I guess if people join after the countdown start) and no way to turn it down once it's on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Misombre said:

Would it be possible to have a command that would turn on a timer ? In the case, of course, that a quest doesn't already have a timer.

Would be nice to do some time attack on quests or runs that doesn't have a timer. It could be something super "light", like just a countdown for the player using the command, not something room wide (because it could cause some issue I guess if people join after the countdown start) and no way to turn it down once it's on.

This was brought up a while ago.  It's on the Asalia iirc.

I'm curious is it possible to create a 'newbie pack' for the new comers to the server?

Like within their new character (1 per account or something I dunno), there could be the following extra items to help new comers (will list below). I'm not specifically speaking about old PSO players coming here who have extensive knowledge, applicability and the know-how on getting things done but for those one's who somehow found out about PSO and want to give it a try but might get put off after putting in several hours by it because of the lack of party games, people online, help etc... And they're struggling just to get to hard and see it being to arduous to carry on, whilst they could spend their time elsewhere.

Now, I came to this server like couple of weeks back and was fortunate to come when the EXP was x5 and the rare monster rate was generous, which enabled me to solo for some stuff, level up to get me up to a decent playable standard where I'd felt strong enough to hunt more difficult rares by soloing. Granted a few trades here, and there for stuff I couldn't get on my ID (or struggle at the time) like the main units to have on a character and a generous gift of Glide Divine 0.00 <3; provided me the opportunity to make my characters have decent gear; though I have put the hours in so to speak (gets addicting xD).

Now, nothing game breaking or anything but just an incentive to keep on playing by giving them a taste of what is to come.

Some low star cheap rare or whatever
HU/RA/FO Field/Frame - 4 Slots
God/Battle, God/Arm/Mind/Pow
HU/RA/FO Wall 

Ultima Mag (the Yahoo Mag) (either level like 50/100/150/200)

*Frame 2/4 slot to get them equipping those units
*Depending on class HU/RA/FO will dictate either Field/Wall. Nice reward for them getting up to the level requirements, and its a good standard class-pack equip.
*God/Battle for all characters (even FO's)

*Depending on class HU/RA/FO will dictate either God/Arm/Mind/Pow

*Mag unit will give them that extra strength.

Whilst one could say they're missing the opportunity and beauty of starting fresh and that connection you have with your character at the beginning etc... Whilst that's awesome and all, in most case scenario can be crushed by getting someone to TTF rush you to 20 in a run or two. Also, this game is like decades years old and what I love about the little perks of this server is that it understand people don't want to be spending a life time to level up in a Sega-fashion but generously level up at their own pace and still come out decent. Its why I stopped playing Ephinea (when I got that urge to play PSOBB again) and came straight here. I spent 2 hours and a bit getting to 10 or so, took the same amount of time to get to 20+ and I was already enjoying and finding shit lol.

Also I understand the last thing you want is people creating multitude accounts to cash in on those free items, which is why I left them as god units which are easy enough to find, around 0.5-1pd, outclassed by heavenly and cent units etc.... I found so many God/body's whilst hunting during the rare enemy rate I had to leave them on the floor. Now Yahoo/Ultima Mag is your standard ugly Wii-fit like board with no photon blasts. So this stale uninviting to look at acts as motivation (and advertisement for the server) to start a new mag with photon blasts and something you actually like the look off etc, whilst you progress from normal to ultimate atleast. Now its probably best it isn't 200, and have it around level 50 with something like 20 in dex and 25 in pow/mind depending on class and that 5 in def as usual etc... These mags are easy enough to feed and fast too, but it gives the newbie the incentive to feed to get stronger, and understand about mags etc...

Not to sure if this is possible etc, but something I thought whilst helping  a few new people. I had some stuff to provide for them but I think a nice server incentive might attract players to the server and atleast make them stay or experience some sort of PSO experience. 

Edited by Junsui

6 minutes ago, Junsui said:

I'm curious is it possible to create a 'newbie pack' for the new comers to the server?

Like within their new character (1 per account or something I dunno), there could be the following extra items to help new comers (will list below). I'm not specifically speaking about old PSO players coming here who have extensive knowledge, applicability and the know-how on getting things done but for those one's who somehow found out about PSO and want to give it a try but might get put off after putting in several hours by it because of the lack of party games, people online, help etc... And they're struggling just to get to hard and see it being to arduous to carry on, whilst they could spend their time elsewhere.

Now, I came to this server like couple of weeks back and was fortunate to come when the EXP was x5 and the rare monster rate was generous, which enabled me to solo for some stuff, level up to get me up to a decent playable standard where I'd felt strong enough to hunt more difficult rares by soloing. Granted a few trades here, and there for stuff I couldn't get on my ID (or struggle at the time) like the main units to have on a character and a generous gift of Glide Divine 0.00 <3; provided me the opportunity to make my characters have decent gear; though I have put the hours in so to speak (gets addicting xD).

Now, nothing game breaking or anything but just an incentive to keep on playing by giving them a taste of what is to come.

Some low star cheap rare or whatever
HU/RA/FO Field/Frame - 4 Slots
God/Battle, God/Arm/Mind/Pow
HU/RA/FO Wall 

Ultima Mag (the Yahoo Mag) (either level like 50/100/150/200)

*Frame 2/4 slot to get them equipping those units
*Depending on class HU/RA/FO will dictate either Field/Wall. Nice reward for them getting up to the level requirements, and its a good standard class-pack equip.
*God/Battle for all characters (even FO's)

*Depending on class HU/RA/FO will dictate either God/Arm/Mind/Pow

*Mag unit will give them that extra strength.

Whilst one could say they're missing the opportunity and beauty of starting fresh and that connection you have with your character at the beginning etc... Whilst that's awesome and all, in most case scenario can be crushed by getting someone to TTF rush you to 20 in a run or two. Also, this game is like decades years old and what I love about the little perks of this server is that it understand people don't want to be spending a life time to level up in a Sega-fashion but generously level up at their own pace and still come out decent. Its why I stopped playing Ephinea (when I got that urge to play PSOBB again) and came straight here. I spent 2 hours and a bit getting to 10 or so, took the same amount of time to get to 20+ and I was already enjoying and finding shit lol.

Also I understand the last thing you want is people creating multitude accounts to cash in on those free items, which is why I left them as god units which are easy enough to find, around 0.5-1pd, outclassed by heavenly and cent units etc.... I found so many God/body's whilst hunting during the rare enemy rate I had to leave them on the floor. Now Yahoo/Ultima Mag is your standard ugly Wii-fit like board with no photon blasts. So this stale uninviting to look at acts as motivation to start a new mag with photon blasts and something you actually like the look off etc, whilst you process from normal to ultimate atleast. Now its probably best it isn't 200, and have it around level 50 with something like 20 in dex and 25 in pow/mind depending on class and that 5 in def as usual etc... These mags are easy enough to feed and fast too, but it gives the newbie the incentive to feed to get stronger, and understand about mags etc...

Not to sure if this is possible etc, but something I thought whilst helping  a few new people. I had some stuff to provide for them but I think a nice server incentive might attract players to the server and atleast make them stay or experience some sort of PSO experience. 

This was thought up with good intention, but sadly this won't ever be a thing because the whole point of the game is to obtain items by yourself or with the help of others. There shouldn't be any newbie free items pack or anything of the sort. What you start off with is what everyone starts off with and if the game is too hard playing regular quests, then solo mode is a good start until you learn/get better at normal mode(unless you are given free rares by other players in-game).

Edited by CCastles93

2 hours ago, Misombre said:

As @Lemon said, I implemented that in Aselia. It probably won't be in tethealla.

1 hour ago, Junsui said:

I see your point but I don't really know about this... people are usually kind enough to hook you up with stuff even better than what we would end up putting in the starting character data.

• Like 1

Thanks for the responses!

Yeah I can see your points too. I just thought by recent observation one just sometimes feel a bit sorry for them you know lol and I find giving them just the right items, boosts their moral and motivation to keep on going; if they're seeing a slow and arduous future ahead of them lol. 

I agree that people can usually provide some nice treats for the new comers; some more luckier then others of course. I just find a bit of battle speed, some extra starting strength from a Mag and Unit, and a shield/barrier; acting as a reward when reaching a certain level requirement; wets their appetite for more and gives them some of that unconditional 'Ultima server love', whilst perhaps feeling a lot more useful soloing and in multiplayer games.

People tend to stick around when they have a bit of luck; either receiving kind donations from higher level players or drops from monsters etc... A little starting point boost might attract newer or older players out of retirement that might want to start playing PSOBB again but think; "I don't want to go through; this, this and that". Whilst if they see a fair general boost in speed and a little pow  dedicated to their class (nothing 'game breaking for newcomers' and 'multiple account making' for those who want to abuse the free stuff'), they might think alright seems fair enough.

As I said: I personally choose this server because of the kind incentives it offers in EXP and Droprates, aswell I'm enjoying the community here. I've spent thousands of hours in the past doing it the sega-style meticulous and vigorous way, the game should still be rewarding and requires grinding of course (can't be easy mode I know) but attracting more players is one thing, but making them stay and be part of the community is another and whilst this idea may or may not work, it was just a thought it mind. :D

But yeah I can understand both perspectives!

Edited by Junsui

Yeah I mean bouncing off what he said, if we can change ID's by paying DT's whenever we want why don't we have full dressing room so I can change my character names at will? It seriously would not be that big of a deal and is easily incorporated into the server..