Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

On 2/17/2017 at 2:38 PM, El Socko said:

Are you serious?

I play with a controller, and regardless, that's not the issue here, my keyboard works perfectly thank you.

Most players will often change their weapon order for specific quests/areas, sometimes even during a quest. In contrast, the automatic sorting isn't needed that often. I usually only use it once in a while after changing around a lot of items to get the general order (weps at top, then armor etc.) in place, but then it's definitely gonna be sorted manually as the automatic sorting doesn't put the weapons into an order that I like.

Just what Saith said here.

To clarify this idea, I don't need it implemented, it was just a thought, but in my view it should have been like this from the very first iteration of PSO ...

I know it's not possible, but how cool would it be if you could save Inventories to a command, similar to how /palette works. I use /palette all the time (mostly on FOmarl to go between Melee/Support/Techs). What I would use even more is a command where I can just type /x or /y and it would sort my inventory to something I customized in launcher

Ohhh the ideas I wish were possible

1 hour ago, yanvbraz said:

And stacking Techs of the same value, would that be possible? Example: Foie Lv. 29 x5, Foie Lv.30 x1, etc...

Or stacking Scape Dolls, at least on banks.

I know some items can be stacked up to x255 on Inventory (example is Tech Disks), would be possible to make materials stackable up to 255 on banks?

Max stacking is 255... but that would be super broken.
It has been said several times that scapes wont stack.

Stacks cannot be done for a type of inventory, at least not without more work than necessary which I am not going to do.
Any sane developer would probably do the same :P

Techs cannot stack, basically the item stacking works like this
TT GG II
T type, G group, I index.

Only items of Type 3 can stack, their stacking is selected by Group. 
Techs are stored this way
03 02 LL 00 TT
Where LL is level, and TT is the tech type... 

If I let them stack, their index (which is LL) would say what item you have, so they would stack by level combining the technique type... no good.
I actually have to test if the client is dumb enough to do this, which it probably is, but I am sure the server would require so many changes that is not even funny.

1 hour ago, Auli'i said:

I know it's not possible, but how cool would it be if you could save Inventories to a command, similar to how /palette works. I use /palette all the time on FOmarl to go (mostly between Melee/Support/Techs). What I would use even more is a command where I can just type /x or /y and it would sort my inventory to something I customized in launcher

Ohhh the ideas I wish were possible

It's technically possible, but as other kind of changes like those discussed above, the amount of work ... :wacko:
I'd basically need to overwrite the game memory and adjust the memory in the server to match, it would be prone to desync and stuff... I might play with the idea tho...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Soly said:

It's technically possible, but as other kind of changes like those discussed above, the amount of work ... :wacko:
I'd basically need to overwrite the game memory and adjust the memory in the server to match, it would be prone to desync and stuff... I might play with the idea tho...

It's a quality of life change, just like /palette is. It's honestly not needed, it'd just be neat lol

But if you want to do that work....I'm not gonna complain about it ;D

7 hours ago, yanvbraz said:

Is it possible to make the last character from name appears when playing? It just appears on character select screen, but not in the actual game.

I'm pretty sure I have explained before that, the game only has 9 characters available TAB LANG_ID_ENCODING_THING [Name] NULL
This has to fit in 12 characters, which make it impossible for the 10th character to appear (as it is deleted after the character creation).

I was thinking of enabling it in Aselia but I definitely won't do it in the current server. We'll see....

So something I've come across: Awesome that this event dropped Master Ravens. Not awesome that there are no pbc on the market (that we know of). So I think it would be reasonable for a mini event or another event to drop pbc instead of waiting for Summer event again. I know there are lots of substitutes for PR but come on, PR are the most bad ass mechs in the game, I need more of em xD

42 minutes ago, anthonyplays said:

So something I've come across: Awesome that this event dropped Master Ravens. Not awesome that there are no pbc on the market (that we know of). So I think it would be reasonable for a mini event or another event to drop pbc instead of waiting for Summer event again. I know there are lots of substitutes for PR but come on, PR are the most bad ass mechs in the game, I need more of em xD

All the more reason to wait for Summer.  Don't eat the entire cake at once!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, anthonyplays said:

So farm master ravens.  Once the current event ends, sell them at the re-balanced market prices (which will be higher when they stop dropping).  Then you can trade for your psycho ravens.

Would it be possible to have disks only play for the person that used it. It would solve people getting salty when someone plays a shitty music disk.

Also, a suggestion for the forum, but if steam trading is going to continue to be a thing(which it honestly shouldn't be a thing), can it be in it's own separate sub-forum? This way so people who don't want to spent a cent of IRL money can have a section of people trading items for just in-game currency/DTs.

Edited by mudkipzjm
  • Like 1

No, it is not.

I'm really thinking of backing out on that too... cuz of recent events...
Regardless of what happens to it, is still trading.
I don't think there is any problem having all trading topics in the same area.
Most if not all topics I have seen say steam in the title so people can just skip them, if they dont say it, people can still just skip them... 

Is it possible to make it so hh is auto-enabled after "x" amount of enemies have been killed on the server? make it so n-vh mobs are worth less than ult and there is a cap of 1 hh a day so any additional kills get stored for the next hh. 

Edit: or maybe have it set to be enabled randomly between 2 different times (for Europe and America) to settle the complaints a bit.

Edited by Eres

so a couple ideas I've been toying with.

Saber: essentially bring back the v2 s-rank j-blade. great atp and ata, but the part I like best is its a typeSA/jblade. I realize adding actual s-ranks would be a chore, so I wouldn't mind it not being one.

dual handgun type: the versions of phantasy star that come after blue burst have it, and after thinking I believe it might be possible. using the mechgun animation and the rambling may's double hit thing it has going on. ( unless the latter is still a black box )

twin sword: lame/excal a two target weapon with the atp of excal drop the special give it zalure. maybe make a tool called "holy stone" that has to be used on excal