Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

Idea for the "sort" option in items. The top and default option is "Automatically" which you don't need/want most of the time. Would it be possible to switch the positions of "Automatically"/"Manually" so the latter is the default option?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, El Socko said:

Idea for the "sort" option in items. The top and default option is "Automatically" which you don't need/want most of the time. Would it be possible to switch the positions of "Automatically"/"Manually" so the latter is the default option?

Doubt it... I mean, yes but not without spending some time looking for that in the client.

Wow, personally, I use the "Automatically" much more often than "Manually". It's nice to have your things directly ordered especially when you change stuff from character and everything gets messy. Therefore, that's the kind of change I would not like to see... too much work on it just for switching a position. Better leave it as it is, people are already used to it anyway and it's not like it's a long list.

Tip : If your "down arrow" key becomes too hard to press, buy a new keyboard. Even if you have a laptop, there is usb keyboards nowadays.

56 minutes ago, Misombre said:

Wow, personally, I use the "Automatically" much more often than "Manually". It's nice to have your things directly ordered especially when you change stuff from character and everything gets messy. Therefore, that's the kind of change I would not like to see... too much work on it just for switching a position. Better leave it as it is, people are already used to it anyway and it's not like it's a long list.

Tip : If your "down arrow" key becomes too hard to press, buy a new keyboard. Even if you have a laptop, there is usb keyboards nowadays.

That's not always nice though. Weapons especially you often wanted sorted a particular way, so that you can reach specific ones easily in quickmenu, and have items sorted specially too.

Edited by Fyrewolf5

1 hour ago, Misombre said:

Are you serious?

I play with a controller, and regardless, that's not the issue here, my keyboard works perfectly thank you.

Most players will often change their weapon order for specific quests/areas, sometimes even during a quest. In contrast, the automatic sorting isn't needed that often. I usually only use it once in a while after changing around a lot of items to get the general order (weps at top, then armor etc.) in place, but then it's definitely gonna be sorted manually as the automatic sorting doesn't put the weapons into an order that I like.

Just what Saith said here.

To clarify this idea, I don't need it implemented, it was just a thought, but in my view it should have been like this from the very first iteration of PSO ...

Edited by El Socko

The "tip" thing was pure irony ^^ like, "is that too hard to pick between two options". But seems like my bad sense of humor was not able to reach you.

Also, I don't say am not using the "Manually" or that it's useless. Not at all. Of course weapons needs to be sorted since "automatic" do a bad job here. But before using the manually one, I always first use the automatic one. That was just my point, at the end I use both pretty much equally.

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, yanvbraz said:

HELL FLAMES - > Twin Blaze + Item -> Twin Blaze with higher Gifoie level.

^this. level 15 or 20 gifoie. higher atp would be cool, but there's already girasole(inferno and regular). level 10 gifoie is great for hucast/cassy because they have traps, but i'd like to see humar/huney get a little more range to rabarta delbiters/bringers

1 hour ago, yanvbraz said:

Some suggestions...

Upgrade on vanilla weapons:

SLICER OF ASSASSIN -> Upgrade the special to Hell, it is an awesome weapon model that is barely used because the special is really poor :S Plus it is really difficult to find them with high stats (since it only drops on Hard and few places on Very Hard), not anything that could make it an overpowered weapon.

IZMAELA -> IMO the most beautiful Slicer weapon, but a shame it is an underused weapon because special is useless. Make it combine with an item to make an Izmaela that makes it casts Level 20 Grants always, or any other awesome special :3

RIANOV 303SNR-5 -> Such rare weapon, and it is Dark special :S I would like to see it with Hell, probably it wouldn't happen since it pierces... Anyways I think this weapon deserves an special treatment given its rarity.

STEALTH SWORD -> This weapons seriously needs +20 ata, better range and more places dropping them for better chances of finding them with Hit and decent %s. Plus its skin is horrible imo. From all the custom weapons made sadly this is definetely the worst :(

SWORD OF ULTIMA -> One of the most flexible weapons, does have a banner, but with poor ATA. It definetely needs at least 50 base ata to make it usable by lesser ata classes.

New weapons:

FROST CLAWS - > Make an upgrade for PHOENIX CLAW with high ata/atp and Blizzard special.

HELL FLAMES - > Twin Blaze + Item -> Twin Blaze with higher Gifoie level.

SOUL OF POUMN (or better name) -> Heart of Poumn with Charge special... (We already have zerk (Daylight Scar), spirit (Nei's Claw) and demon's (Blood Tornado) daggers so...)

ONYX BULLET -> RUBY BULLET+Item -> Handgun with high atp like Lindcray and Zerk/Charge special, something like that

Some quite nice ideas in here. A hell slicer is something I want to potentially look at, but I'm thinking of an actual weapon drop instead of an upgrade from assassin(even though i have a 45hit one myself, I both think the weapon model is kinda of lame even if it did have a new skin, and I want to make sure it is suitably difficult to hunt as that would be an extremely powerful weapon). Izmaela is an interesting suggestion I've not heard before, it does have a very unique feel to it. Rianov5 (the drop for it is pretty difficult overall), Stealth Sword, and Sword of Ultima are things that do need looking at. Claws are very difficult to make any new weapons for, as claw animation is so horrendously bad it is completely unusable on most classes aside from hunewearl. Twin Blaze with higher level gifoie would kinda defeat the purpose, since it's specifically the fact that the gifoie is low level that makes it so useful. A new handgun style weapon would be cool, and ruby bullet has some potential on that, could be interesting but nothing is fully conceptualized yet in that category. You've given me some things to think about though here, thank you.

Increase bank size from 200 to 999.

This event has had me pack out 2 mules and my common bank on my 2nd account.

Thanks!

• Like 2

Just now, Mieu said:

Increase bank size from 200 to 999.

This event has had me pack out 2 mules and my common bank on my 2nd account.

Thanks!

I agree increasing bank size would be nice and I'm sure many could certainly use the added space regardless.

Is it really not Soly?  You guys have made so many modifications to this game from the Vanilla version ... there isn't a way to change a value somewhere or something?

43 minutes ago, Mieu said:

Is it really not Soly?  You guys have made so many modifications to this game from the Vanilla version ... there isn't a way to change a value somewhere or something?

It's really not...
Is not like "changing value" (as many other changes), the inventory data has to be stored somewhere and it simply cannot be done as it would break basically everything. (besides having to change tons of values).