Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

3 hours ago, Fyrewolf5 said:

but complaining that its worse than DF (ultimate close range weapon) / DM (ultimate long range weapon) ignores that it both fills a different kind of role (ultimate support weapon) and is the base for PB which is what fills that ultimate magic attack weapon role.

I'm not sure why you would consider it even a good support weapon.  It boosts Grants, Magid, and Zalure, with a Berserk Special.  Only one of those is actually used by support players, and why bother with this when you can get a Glide that does the same thing more for 15pd?  The ultimate support weapon wouldn't be wasting time on damaging abilities (Grants\Berserk).  And lets face it, when was the last time you needed magid to pierce?  Things that need magid rarely, if ever, line up for you.  That's why it's a base ability on Foneweal.  Not to mention that magid probably causes more dmc than deaths.

Also: I literally ONLY want it because of it's looks. (Because I think it's trash otherwise)

Edited by Lemon
  • Like 1

On 11/01/2017 at 2:18 PM, Fyrewolf5 said:

The main point I wanted to make was that of course Dark Bridge was considered worse than Dark Flow and Dark Meteor (even though it is also buffed and honestly pretty good), and so Psycho Bridge was made out of it to be a more appropriate ultimate attack weapon and make using a pgf for that route more desirable, so complaining that DB is underused by people on the server kinda misses the point. DB is still a good weapon, but complaining that its worse than DF (ultimate close range weapon) / DM (ultimate long range weapon) ignores that it both fills a different kind of role (ultimate support weapon) and is the base for PB which is what fills that ultimate magic attack weapon role. Instead of erasing one weapon's role out of existence to fill a different role, a new weapon was made out of it for that role. Going back to complain about the original weapon's rightful place just doesn't make sense. In any game, more people want to be the damage dealer (whether physical attack or black mage) than the support mage, so it's perfectly understandable that DB is going to be underused, especially considering limited availability of the materials and the overall number of players; we can't force people to use a(n actually good) weapon if that isn't what they want to play either.

Obviously I'm not asking for DB to be as OP as DF or DM ... just a little extra bonus wouldn't be broken at all. Even with a huge boost on Grants, by the time you kill one monster, a DF or a DM user would have enough time to kill 5+ of them.

You keep saying that it's the ultimate support weapon ... But if I wanted to ultimate support, I'd take the Glide so I can jellen too, if I wanted to do melee attack (since you talked about its berserk special) I'd take an Excal (or Hundred) so I can deal even more damage and to more than 1 target (ATP requirement instead of MST yes but if you don't have it, I doubt the damage of its attacks would be worth anything anyway). If you want megid pierce, you have Ultima Reaper & Demonic Fork (weapons), Cursed Cloak (armor), Minecraft Costume (shield) and Fonewearl (class) so even if the problem was about the need to change weapon, there are other alternatives ... You say that it's underused because it is a support weapon, then how about making it "more" than a support weapon ? (Or better say "turn" that support weapon into a force weapon)

Also I'm not talking about PB which is good enough. Like the same boost power as I suggested on Grants but for 3 multitarget spells. It's not like it was a DB with better stats, unlike SN/AN, Girasole/Inferno, Red/Crimson sword or S-red/Macho ...

@yanvbraz well at this point, stars are meaningless ... Like heavenly/units which drop like candies are 11 stars (just like SJS which is a little harder to get :P)

On another matter ... Is it possible to increase the member limit of teams ? Seems like once you reach 100, each new member deletes the last one of the list (kinda sad if someone decides to come back after a year+ break lol)

If not, np.

Two ideas - 

A custom armor that allows your character not to slow down around enemies. In all the speed runs I see people pressing F12 or End to maneuver around enemies and I think it would be cool to have  an armor that did this for you. Novelty item maybe but still cool. 

A customizable drop filter that would allow each player to easily see drops they want to see. Just think of all the power/mind/hp mats left in the field of anti's and mono's. Customization is key here, if I am a FO I am going to ignore mates where as a cast would ignore fluids. 

14 minutes ago, CGault11 said:

Two ideas - 

A custom armor that allows your character not to slow down around enemies. In all the speed runs I see people pressing F12 or End to maneuver around enemies and I think it would be cool to have  an armor that did this for you. Novelty item maybe but still cool. 

A customizable drop filter that would allow each player to easily see drops they want to see. Just think of all the power/mind/hp mats left in the field of anti's and mono's. Customization is key here, if I am a FO I am going to ignore mates where as a cast would ignore fluids. 

1. Most likely not possible to have. Slowing down happens when you move near anything that you can target with one of your bound actions, so using menu or having nothing to target enemies on your back palete and holding the change action palette button is used often for running, but also is used for attack cancelling and faster recovery. I don't think that it even could be changed (regardless of if it even should).

2. You mean like this droptable filter page that lets you customize each field with a filter https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/droptable/filters/ , or did you mean something that happens in game to only show drops on the ground that you want to see (also probably not possible or feasible), and if so, quickly parsing items really is a skill the player needs to work on just like any other similar game.

10 minutes ago, yanvbraz said:

A command to lock the usage of materials. Lets suppose you don't have the needed material to max a certain attribute atm, there is always a possibility that while playing you use a material accidentally and screw up the max stats of your character. So I suggest a command where you can deactivate material usage until you want to reactivate them again.

/lockmat luck (by example)
Remove the "use" option in the inventory, also remove the material from the quick menu. Could be like a toggle option, if it's true, it becomes false, if it's false, it becomes true again.

/lockstatus
Show the list of the locked materials

That said, not sure it's possible at all ^^

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ryukin said:

Allow us to carry 20 telepipes at least : (

It's not so simple, if we did that then you could carry 20 of all tools, not just telepipes (mates/fluids/atomizers/etc).

58 minutes ago, yanvbraz said:

A command to lock the usage of materials. Lets suppose you don't have the needed material to max a certain attribute atm, there is always a possibility that while playing you use a material accidentally and screw up the max stats of your character. So I suggest a command where you can deactivate material usage until you want to reactivate them again.

I really like this one.

7 hours ago, Fyrewolf5 said:

1. Most likely not possible to have. Slowing down happens when you move near anything that you can target with one of your bound actions, so using menu or having nothing to target enemies on your back palete and holding the change action palette button is used often for running, but also is used for attack cancelling and faster recovery. I don't think that it even could be changed (regardless of if it even should).

2. You mean like this droptable filter page that lets you customize each field with a filter https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/droptable/filters/ , or did you mean something that happens in game to only show drops on the ground that you want to see (also probably not possible or feasible), and if so, quickly parsing items really is a skill the player needs to work on just like any other similar game.

On the second point - yes a customizable filter that would only show the items you are interested in. These are used in other games like this such a PoE - (Link to Youtube example).  If a visual filter isn't possible an audio one definitely should be. As i nuke my way through IDS on normal I don't care to hear the extra audio noise for Trimates when i would rather that sound play if a material or Trifluid.

The mat usage lock is a great option. Third'ed 

5 minutes ago, CGault11 said:

On the second point - yes a customizable filter that would only show the items you are interested in. These are used in other games like this such a PoE - (Link to Youtube example).  If a visual filter isn't possible an audio one definitely should be. As i nuke my way through IDS on normal I don't care to hear the extra audio noise for Trimates when i would rather that sound play if a material or Trifluid.

The mat usage lock is a great option. Third'ed 

That is one of the only examples I've ever seen of a game doing it, and it was the game developers themselves that added it. It is not as easy (often impossible or requiring huge rewrites) to implement entirely brand new features into pso the same way.