Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

What's wrong with adding a link to the item page?

I could try to add something to the item name so when you click it it copies the name and then pasting it in the forum embeds the link automatically... if its possible at all.

• 2 weeks later...

It has probably already been mentionned but ... I think Dark Bridge should really be boosted to be worth a Parasitic Gene Flow.

Dark Flow and Dark Meteor - which were already way more wanted, useful and used than the Dark Bridge - have both been boosted on Ultima.

Dark Bridge has a 40% boost on Grants, that is only 10% more than Mercurius Rod (like insignificant for such a high-tier item) and a Megid Pierce, which is worthless with all
the available items that do it already ... and Fonewearl ... and I am not talking about its negative effects (although that shouldn't affect a decent FO)

So I suggest either :
- A bigger boost on Grants, like +85% since Psycho Bridge does +85-95% on all 3 RA techniques (against +45% for Psycho Wand).
Still wouldn't be too broken as it's only a monotarget spell.
Or :
- A third magical boost. It uses only 2/3 so how about some +60% on Gifoie ? It's a useful spell that is usually used with
Magical Piece which boosts Gi by 30%. Gibarta gets 50% thanks to Siren Glass Hammer. (Gizonde would be the last spell that needs a boost)

I think that would make Dark Bridge more interesting. Still less than Psycho Bridge though since you don't need to use an extra
Proof of Sonic Team for it. I rarely see anyone using a Psycho Bridge but Dark Bridge is even rarer ...

Edited by R-78
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, yanvbraz said:

Fact is people that owns a Dark Bridge just have it for the cool looking or if they already have all other dark weapons :"L

I only have DB because it looks cool and I'm a collector

IneverusemyDBgoodbye

Edited by MadOrNah

20 hours ago, R-78 said:

It has probably already been mentionned but ... I think Dark Bridge should really be boosted to be worth a Parasitic Gene Flow.

Dark Flow and Dark Meteor - which were already way more wanted, useful and used than the Dark Bridge - have both been boosted on Ultima.

Dark Bridge has a 40% boost on Grants, that is only 10% more than Mercurius Rod (like insignificant for such a high-tier item) and a Megid Pierce, which is worthless with all
the available items that do it already ... and Fonewearl ... and I am not talking about its negative effects (although that shouldn't affect a decent FO)

So I suggest either :
- A bigger boost on Grants, like +85% since Psycho Bridge does +85-95% on all 3 RA techniques (against +45% for Psycho Wand).
Still wouldn't be too broken as it's only a monotarget spell.
Or :
- A third magical boost. It uses only 2/3 so how about some +60% on Gifoie ? It's a useful spell that is usually used with
Magical Piece which boosts Gi by 30%. Gibarta gets 50% thanks to Siren Glass Hammer. (Gizonde would be the last spell that needs a boost)

I think that would make Dark Bridge more interesting. Still less than Psycho Bridge though since you don't need to use an extra
Proof of Sonic Team for it. I rarely see anyone using a Psycho Bridge but Dark Bridge is even rarer ...

The reason Psycho Bridge was made was to make something to fill the role of attack techs for forces in solo play, and make using PGF for a force weapon more worthwhile; also Dark Bridge has been boosted on Ultima too actually.

Even so, Dark Bridge is a lot better than people give it credit for. If you are playing an actually good force, then its three boosts are some of the best; it has zalure range, megid pierce, and grants boost, which are arguably the 3 best boosts you could have in team play. Additionally, it reduces tech costs by -50% like a pwand/pbridge, but it takes less hp cost than those (only takes 50% of the tp cost from hp instead of 100%). It also has berserk special on it. It has been significantly boosted from vanilla already. Psycho Bridge may be the best weapon for a force to solo clear areas, but Dark Bridge is actually one of the best weapons for a team oriented force. The reason people don't use it is because A: they are a bad force that doesn't understand how to teamplay or how good DB is for it, and just wants to spam explosion spells all the time, B: it's ugly, and C: random paralysis freeze confusion is annoying and scary.

40 minutes ago, yanvbraz said:

Fact is people that owns a Dark Bridge just have it for the cool looking or if they already have all other dark weapons :"L

Hmmm, I noticed that /cam command have a side effect, if used it hides the mag even if you disable command. The mag will only reload if you refresh areas. I was thinking about a command that can hides mag/shield permanently until you enable it again (sometimes you just want to hide things to take a pretty picture or record a non polluted video ;)).

You can also make the mag reappear by unequipping and reequipping it too.

1 hour ago, yanvbraz said:

Hmmm, I noticed that /cam command have a side effect, if used it hides the mag even if you disable command. The mag will only reload if you refresh areas. I was thinking about a command that can hides mag/shield permanently until you enable it again (sometimes you just want to hide things to take a pretty picture or record a non polluted video ;)).

I don't know... I have never had issues with it, but remember is a hack like most stuff... if it breaks... just don't use it.

I was thinking of trying to find the "draw" flag for models for certain things so I could for example... do those item pictures without having to make a transparent character but is not a priority and I have the feeling it might not be as easy (since every item model has their own draw flag, and every model part and so on).neighbour

@Fyrewolf5 I agree with you that Dark Bridge and Psycho Bridge are good.

Now can you say that Dark Flow or Dark Meteor are "good" ? The truth is that they're OP. Which is slightly completely over good.

The benefice of Dark Bridge are kinda like the benefice of having Mercurius Rod instead of Caduceus : it's barely better. Don't Force already have a ton of stuff with zalure boost ? Am quite ignorant when it comes to Force, but am certain to regularly see notes about this. The only good thing about Dark Bridge that I can see is the TP reduction and the Grant bonus (if it were a bit stronger).

That's why I think that R-78 idea is very nice. It would not even be OP and it even doubt that people would make more Dark Bridge because of that, to my humble opinion.

Anyway, unless some major change (double casting ftw) are done to Dark Bridge, it will never worth a Dark Flow or Dark Meteor.

That was a hunewearl talking. Don't listen to hunewearls, I heard they're a bit airhead on the edge D:

Edited by Misombre
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Misombre said:

@Fyrewolf5 I agree with you that Dark Bridge and Psycho Bridge are good.

Now can you say that Dark Flow or Dark Meteor are "good" ? The truth is that they're OP. Which is slightly completely over good.

The benefice of Dark Bridge are kinda like the benefice of having Mercurius Rod instead of Caduceus : it's barely better. Don't Force already have a ton of stuff with zalure boost ? Am quite ignorant when it comes to Force, but am certain to regularly see notes about this. The only good thing about Dark Bridge that I can see is the TP reduction and the Grant bonus (if it were a bit stronger).

That's why I think that R-78 idea is very nice. It would not even be OP and it even doubt that people would make more Dark Bridge because of that, to my humble opinion.

Anyway, unless some major change (double casting ftw) are done to Dark Bridge, it will never worth a Dark Flow or Dark Meteor.

That was a hunewearl talking. Don't listen to hunewearls, I heard they're a bit airhead on the edge D:

And psycho bridge is not OP? Being able to clear an entire room with huge aoe, hit way more targets than flow or meteor gauranteed with no misses, and stunlock them until death in only four spellcasts is not enough? If magic gets overbuffed, then it literally breaks the game through its inherent design. There are already places where a solo fo can be stronger than a solo hu/ra using flow/meteor, and other force weapons can also be nearly as strong as them in other situations. Force can be one of the strongest, most versatile, and also safest classes when played correctly. An actually good geared Force can deal with literally anything you throw at it without breaking a sweat. Dark Bridge and Psycho Bridge are already strong enough.

19 minutes ago, Misombre said:

Who is talking about Psycho Bridge ? You're being off topic :|

Also I was not denying Force usefulness or versatility. But this is also another story.

Dark Bridge and Psycho bridge are two sides of the same weapon.

3 hours ago, Fyrewolf5 said:

The reason Psycho Bridge was made was to make something to fill the role of attack techs for forces in solo play, and make using PGF for a force weapon more worthwhile; also Dark Bridge has been boosted on Ultima too actually.

Even so, Dark Bridge is a lot better than people give it credit for. If you are playing an actually good force, then its three boosts are some of the best; it has zalure range, megid pierce, and grants boost, which are arguably the 3 best boosts you could have in team play. Additionally, it reduces tech costs by -50% like a pwand/pbridge, but it takes less hp cost than those (only takes 50% of the tp cost from hp instead of 100%). It also has berserk special on it. It has been significantly boosted from vanilla already. Psycho Bridge may be the best weapon for a force to solo clear areas, but Dark Bridge is actually one of the best weapons for a team oriented force. The reason people don't use it is because A: they are a bad force that doesn't understand how to teamplay or how good DB is for it, and just wants to spam explosion spells all the time, B: it's ugly, and C: random paralysis freeze confusion is annoying and scary.

24 minutes ago, Fyrewolf5 said:

And psycho bridge is not OP? Being able to clear an entire room with huge aoe, hit way more targets than flow or meteor gauranteed with no misses, and stunlock them until death in only four spellcasts is not enough? If magic gets overbuffed, then it literally breaks the game through its inherent design. There are already places where a solo fo can be stronger than a solo hu/ra using flow/meteor, and other force weapons can also be nearly as strong as them in other situations. Force can be one of the strongest, most versatile, and also safest classes when played correctly. An actually good geared Force can deal with literally anything you throw at it without breaking a sweat. Dark Bridge and Psycho Bridge are already strong enough.

This is what saith saith said about DB and PB.  Making both is like making a DM or DF set.  As a FO "main" myself ( as a dmc-er myself ), the FO class is inherently over powered because it doesn't miss, stun locks and you can just sit in a doorway and spam until everything is dead ( in most cases ).  Both weapons are appropriately balanced ( within reason ) for the FO class as well as complimenting each other for "situation use".

An idea for improving the forum wiki is to give saith a section where he can unload a bunch of info he has on random topics.

EDIT: Also move selected guides to the wiki page if they are useful/done well enough. 

Edited by Eres

Right now the wiki is exclussive for items, and later on will be for quests too... the problem with that is that I have to do all the hardwork to get the data stored in the database (which is nt the database of the forum).

SO yeah, it's not really wise to do that.
There are the topics anyway... what is needed (and already exist) is a compilation of links to guides and stuff.
Look on @chuk signature.

16 hours ago, Fyrewolf5 said:

The reason Psycho Bridge was made was to make something to fill the role of attack techs for forces in solo play, and make using PGF for a force weapon more worthwhile

It's a totally other weapon imo. If the purpose of PB was really to replace DB, I think it was definitively a waste because DB's skin is really cool while PB is only a purple PW ...

@Misombre got my point : I didn't say DB was lame or useless, I said it was not worth at all the PGF when you see how DM and DF make a crazy difference on RA and HU gameplay.

If you are playing an actually good force, then its three boosts are some of the best; it has zalure range, megid pierce, and grants boost, which are arguably the 3 best boosts you could have in team play.

If you are talking about team play ... Glide Divine is the one weapon made for JZ, why would you take another Zalure weapon with you when you have that one ? Or do you imply that a support FO doesn't need Glide and its Jellen boost ?

About Megid and Grants, as I said ... Grants is only 10% more than a certain 20 PDs worth item, Megid has many many items for that goal already and Fonewearl doesn't benefit from this one at all.

Additionally, it reduces tech costs by -50% like a pwand/pbridge

I didn't mention that because mesetas (thus trifluids) are almost free.

It's actually more a drawback to take away your HP for a spell you could use with other weapons (talking about everything but Grants) when you are full on mesetas / trifluids but this point is only my opinion.

It also has berserk special on it.

I feel like no one cares about that when I see most of the rare people who actually has one just made it on a random striker bought in shop with low stats ...

The reason people don't use it is because A: they are a bad force that doesn't understand how to teamplay or how good DB is for it, and just wants to spam explosion spells all the time, B: it's ugly, and C: random paralysis freeze confusion is annoying and scary.

A and C are the same, if they get those effects, that means they are a bad force.

B really ? Like @yanvbraz said, it's pretty cool looking and is actually the main reason I want that item. (but we all have our opinions I guess)

But you forgot D which was my point : they don't want to spend hundred DTs or hunt for weeks to get those little boosts instead of a DM or a DF.

Even though I already have the other DWs, play FO a lot (having as many FO as RA+HU atm), and know how a little boost can make a difference in some situations, I am still reluctant to make a DB ...

12 hours ago, Fyrewolf5 said:

Well those are particular situations ... Like in MA4C4, even a PW makes a FO way stronger than any HU or RA ... But only because quests like this have big waves of the same type enemies. When you're playing episode II, even a PB is worthless ... Most FO I see in tower or CCA for instance, don't even bother changing their Type mechgun for a PB/PW when they spam Razonde/Rabarta while it's free, would increase a little the few damages they do, and even decrease the TP cost (since you highlighted that point)

Of course I don't want Force to be OP (There are already some "make force better" topics about it which I totally disagree wih). But we are talking about DB, one of the most expensive items on the server ...

Moreover, the boosts I suggested are not that broken.

Generally, when you get your first PGF, there are only two options ...

1/ DF

2/ DM

(unless you are a 100% Force player like @Midori then yes you'd do the cane type first (still PB before DB though))

Edited by R-78
No way could write this without a typo
  • Like 2

The main point I wanted to make was that of course Dark Bridge was considered worse than Dark Flow and Dark Meteor (even though it is also buffed and honestly pretty good), and so Psycho Bridge was made out of it to be a more appropriate ultimate attack weapon and make using a pgf for that route more desirable, so complaining that DB is underused by people on the server kinda misses the point. DB is still a good weapon, but complaining that its worse than DF (ultimate close range weapon) / DM (ultimate long range weapon) ignores that it both fills a different kind of role (ultimate support weapon) and is the base for PB which is what fills that ultimate magic attack weapon role. Instead of erasing one weapon's role out of existence to fill a different role, a new weapon was made out of it for that role. Going back to complain about the original weapon's rightful place just doesn't make sense. In any game, more people want to be the damage dealer (whether physical attack or black mage) than the support mage, so it's perfectly understandable that DB is going to be underused, especially considering limited availability of the materials and the overall number of players; we can't force people to use a(n actually good) weapon if that isn't what they want to play either.

No really, would that hurt to go from 40 % grant to 60-80 % grant boost ?

That's kinda all what R-78 is asking... this debate is just too big and digressing for what has been asked.

Also, in what Grant, Berzerk and Megid is supporting ? o___o am I really that dumb of a Force that I can't see it ? Or do you mean that by dealing damage you are supporting hehehe, because in that case Rangers and Hunters do a wonderful supporting job.

• Like 1