Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

45 minutes ago, yanvbraz said:

Hmm, I always found that Damage Traps was the least useful of Traps for casts, seeing that it is limited and the damage it does isn't that great. What controls the amount of damage of these traps? I was thinking about a damage boost, to make them more desirable to be used.

Probably that won't happen and was already suggested, increasing the ATA on every S-Rank weapons to +30 or +40, that would make weapons like Hell Needle and Demon Needle more useful. I mean, I know we have Type-M weapons to replace them, but these S-Ranks could have a more decent hit. After all, hit doesn't matter on S-Ranks with Zalure/Jellen special, so why not make the other specials more desirable to have? Enemies were buffed on this server, so I can't see the reason to not have a little boost on S-Ranks, they are so difficult to get ;)

I don't know what controls the damage, its in the client.

Nah, lol.. the enemies were buffed, the max stats were raised.

8 minutes ago, Starlord said:

How about a blacklist that prevents people from commenting topics of yours and are forced to pm you if they have a problem. That would help out clean up forums a bit. 

Doubt it, I don't think there is any way to do that anyway... after all is a forum no?
People need to grow up.

How about a rule against commenting in S> B> A> threads if they have nothing to do with buying or selling. Also no inputs on what you think it's worth or why are you buying it for so much/little, causing drama. Shit needs to stop, growing up or not people will continue to cause drama unless action is taken and a rule is in place to prevent it.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, ryukin said:

How about a rule against commenting in S> B> A> threads if they have nothing to do with buying or selling. Also no inputs on what you think it's worth or why are you buying it for so much/little, causing drama. Shit needs to stop, growing up or not people will continue to cause drama unless action is taken and a rule is in place to prevent it.

I agree It was already a rule but people break it anyway.

like me.

What you guys are trying to stop is kind of hard to make rules for... if some new person makes a thread offering too much then isn't it nice to be able to tell them? I am all for gm's warning people about shitposting on others threads when it is needed. I just think having serious set rules for this could be a bit of a drawback. Especially seeing as this is almost exclusive to dark weapons and STA

I don't think that's a good idea. I think if people do try to oversell their item by 2-3x or more of its value, there is nothing wrong with calling that out. I'm not in favor of babysitting people's hurt feelings because they didn't like being called out. Open discussions will always result in someone not liking what someone else has to say, but I don't want to censor someone because another person may not like what they have to say. I only care that the discourse remain civil.

1 minute ago, TripleR said:

What you guys are trying to stop is kind of hard to make rules for... if some new person makes a thread offering too much then isn't it nice to be able to tell them? I am all for gm's warning people about shitposting on others threads when it is needed. I just think having serious set rules for this could be a bit of a drawback. Especially seeing as this is almost exclusive to dark weapons and STA

It's flooding into shit like the current glide v00 thread, it's not needed and its annoying. If you want to be nice and give a heads up, PM.

1 minute ago, Fyrewolf5 said:

I only care that the discourse remain civil.

That's the point, it's never civil no matter how hard you try to keep it that way. Proof is in every single thread that someone comments on that it's too much or too little

Well actually, as you would already know haha pm'ing is how I go about it. I guess the point I really want to press in here is that it's hard to make rules for something that really depends on context. How big a problem is this in the first place? honestly.

I have half a mind to go and harass the people constantly bumping the same god damn sell or buy comments and topics on a several times per day basis, but it's a forum so it's like whatever. Just what they are doing actually makes it more difficult to use because it hides more recent threads for anyone who isn't checking the forums as often. Someone bringing up stuff about a price in your post isn't that bad if you just ignore them, that is say, it's not going to stop someone from selling you stuff.

1 hour ago, ryukin said:

Oh, very much this.

In said case, I knew full well what I was doing and intended to pay over what it was because I'm just lazy and wanted the item. lol
Now I could get into why this bothers other people, but frankly it'd be treading into the e-psychology area and make me seem far more condescending than usual, but needless to say it shouldn't be relevant to anyone other than the person making the offer, so I agree with you there.

• Like 1

That glide thread was stupid.

hands down it was dumb. Arek was, in my opinion, retarded for paying that much money for an item that is literally worth less than 5 DT's at this point in time and the fact that Starlord was even trying to sell it for 30 at BASE value was retarded in of itself. I'm not mad that Arek got the damn thing, I wasn't even a part of the auction, but I feel like it is our moral responsibility to tell people in threads that are clearly ripping people off that the prices being thrown out are not accurate. If you don't like being called out, then

Stop being a fucking scummy trader