Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

That's already in game, is called password.

The idea of kicking people has been suggested before either with votes or by the leader and can lead to drama as you pointed out so for now, its not going to happen.

48 minutes ago, Soly said:

That's already in game, is called password.

The idea of kicking people has been suggested before either with votes or by the leader and can lead to drama as you pointed out so for now, its not going to happen.

Password doesn't deal with the issue I brought up at all though (meaning a revolving door of people rapidly helping with hunts, password would limit other players when my only issue is with one person) - I'm not looking to limit people from joining; meaning having an open room (for anyone) to join which I often do for something like a speedy TTF  (hunts) or Gal (exp) run - then have someone join, be a general nuisance and wait in the city and demand a pipe when you've reached the goal (taking up a space in the room from the start), rather than just a small group with a password which is the only reason I ever really use passwords - however as I said, it's an exceedingly small number of people that do things like it anyway.
However, this could be something I'm not using (like the ability to block certain people from joining your room, I dunno how far that works - I thought it only blocked messages where you select the block option, I doubt that applies to rooms but I've never used it on anyone as I've never had to). Still testing stuff like that and only really had 2 "incidents" since I've been on this site/server.

tl;dr - Exactly, maturity being the main issue.

Getting off the issue onto something else - I'd still love to try this crack mode if it ever makes an appearance again (as it's listed as being a feature on the front page - which I guess I should "suggest" it shouldn't be listed as a feature if it's not currently available).

Edited by Arek

Is it possible to make a "remake last room" option for creating a room that way people (especially ones using a controller) don't have to re-type room name and pass every time?  Would be useful for item farming as the room i'm currently using for AS is only open for 2-3 mins at a time.  

• Like 2

I've asked about that before, Eres. Seems not possible.

What you could do is have a 3rd party program running and create a macro that does the necessary keyboard inputs (Enter, Down, etc.). I haven't looked into this yet but I'm sure there's software out there which does exactly that. I know my Logitech Gaming Software can do this. I've tried Xpadder to but it seems unreliable and sometimes drops parts of the macro (a bit liked a dropped frame), messing up the whole macro.

Edit: I just did this with Logitech Gaming Software. First you create a profile for PSO and locate its .exe. Then you define a "multiple key" macro and assign it to a mouse button. You just need to figure out the delay (in millseconds) between key presses. About 50 ms between pressing and releasing a key and 80 ms between releasing a key and pressing the next one seems sensible, it also has the added benefit that you can't make a mistake by pressing too quickly (like ending up with a Normal difficulty game when you wanted Ultimate).

Screenshot:

psologitechgsdas67.jpg

Edited by El Socko

I'd love to be able to just /remake instead of going through the whole process, but I do have a pretty simple way of remaking the game with minimal hassle after you /lobby.

I just use joytokey (I assume everyone uses this or something similar) and have mapped Enter to L3 and the number 3 to R3. So when I'm in the lobby, I can just open up create game, hit L3 once to open the field to type, hit R3 once to enter 3 for the room name, L3 again to enter it, then just make the game. So to remake a game the only actual typing I have to do is /lobby. In game, L3 is useless, but I have the number 3 mapped to Trimate, so R3 is my Trimate mashing button as well.

So the days that you see someone in dozens of games named "3" throughout the day, it's probably me :P

Why type /lobby when you can just make a chat shortcut (for example Shift+F12 in my case)? Then you can bind it to a key on your controller.

I have various PSO configs on Xpadder (which is similar to joytokey), one of them is for easy quick hunts where I won't need to heal, like PW4 first room, so it has the same Enter/Number stuff on the shoulder buttons like you explained. But for regular play I don't like this config since I only use the Xbox 360 controller which has slightly less buttons than the PS3 one.

4 hours ago, Eres said:

Is it possible to make a "remake last room" option for creating a room that way people (especially ones using a controller) don't have to re-type room name and pass every time?  Would be useful for item farming as the room i'm currently using for AS is only open for 2-3 mins at a time.  

As El Socko said not possible, the client has to trigger the room creation.

Well, I haven't tried to move the client into a new room but I would assume it is not possible due to the setup the client has to do.

12 hours ago, Arek said:

Password doesn't deal with the issue I brought up at all though (meaning a revolving door of people rapidly helping with hunts, password would limit other players when my only issue is with one person) - I'm not looking to limit people from joining; meaning having an open room (for anyone) to join which I often do for something like a speedy TTF  (hunts) or Gal (exp) run - then have someone join, be a general nuisance and wait in the city and demand a pipe when you've reached the goal (taking up a space in the room from the start), rather than just a small group with a password which is the only reason I ever really use passwords - however as I said, it's an exceedingly small number of people that do things like it anyway.
However, this could be something I'm not using (like the ability to block certain people from joining your room, I dunno how far that works - I thought it only blocked messages where you select the block option, I doubt that applies to rooms but I've never used it on anyone as I've never had to). Still testing stuff like that and only really had 2 "incidents" since I've been on this site/server.

tl;dr - Exactly, maturity being the main issue.

Getting off the issue onto something else - I'd still love to try this crack mode if it ever makes an appearance again (as it's listed as being a feature on the front page - which I guess I should "suggest" it shouldn't be listed as a feature if it's not currently available).

You said it, maturity problems.

Also as you suggest it, you can ignore the user and he won't be able to join the room, that's explained in the post where I explained it lol, I don't remember where that post is... I should probably put this into the commands page.

Is it possible to get the ability to delete our own threads? Seems like it would save mods quite a bit of trouble in the trade forums and clear up a bunch of clutter. I have seen on other forums where self-deleted threads just get archived in the event that someone deletes their thread after scamming someone.

Also, no cooldown or a much lower cooldown between making posts/PMs. For posts it wouldn't be that bad, but half the time after it tells me to wait 11 seconds or whatever arbitrary amount, when I click it again, it now says I need to wait 53 seconds or some new higher amount of time. For PMs it is just silly and makes communicating slow and awkward at times.

25 minutes ago, shong said:

Is it possible to get the ability to delete our own threads? Seems like it would save mods quite a bit of trouble in the trade forums and clear up a bunch of clutter. I have seen on other forums where self-deleted threads just get archived in the event that someone deletes their thread after scamming someone.

I could check and see if I can let people hide their own content, never delete tho, that would be dumb.
Edit: It can be done, but I have the feeling that this would be of no use, just a few people will be hiding their old posts.
For the record, IP Board doesn't store deleted topics (why would you if you clicked on "delete"), deleted topics are well... deleted.

25 minutes ago, shong said:

Also, no cooldown or a much lower cooldown between making posts/PMs. For posts it wouldn't be that bad, but half the time after it tells me to wait 11 seconds or whatever arbitrary amount, when I click it again, it now says I need to wait 53 seconds or some new higher amount of time. For PMs it is just silly and makes communicating slow and awkward at times.

Lol, yeah.. let the spam come xD
I recently changed the flood control to 25 seconds, but also added a setting that merges your posts if they are in the same topic one after the other (for about 5 minutes since the last post).

Edit:
And I can't make this better, you'll have to wait it out.

36 minutes ago, Soly said:

Lol, yeah.. let the spam come xD
I recently changed the flood control to 25 seconds, but also added a setting that merges your posts if they are in the same topic one after the other (for about 5 minutes since the last post).

Edit:
And I can't make this better, you'll have to wait it out.

Could you change it individually for a person out of curiosity? I think it would be a bad idea regardless, just wondering if it's possible I suppose.

I actually face the penalty of not being able to send PMs for "X amount of seconds" very often. Between PMing you about questions, and then Mud about him being bae, and then wrapping it up with all the actual PMs I send for trading and what not, I have to wait a lot ;-;

That being said, I think the flood timer is fine as is. It's usually only a couple dozen seconds at max, which is totally wait-able! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Auli'i said:

Could you change it individually for a person out of curiosity? I think it would be a bad idea regardless, just wondering if it's possible I suppose.

I actually face the penalty of not being able to send PMs for "X amount of seconds" very often. Between PMing you about questions, and then Mud about him being bae, and then wrapping it up with all the actual PMs I send for trading and what not, I have to wait a lot ;-;

That being said, I think the flood timer is fine as is. It's usually only a couple dozen seconds at max, which is totally wait-able! 

Per user basis what? Topic hiding or different flood control?

Topic hiding, I can set up a secondary group to have the permission to hide stuff (just like I did with item database information blocks, give access to the thing only to those users in the specific group).

There is flood control bypass but well.. bypasses flood control.

Cent battle should drop for Christmas event since technically Easter and Christmas interact with each other Easter: rise of Christ after death of 3 days, Christmas:Birth Of Christ

19 minutes ago, lildavid07 said:

Cent battle should drop for Christmas event since technically Easter and Christmas interact with each other Easter: rise of Christ after death of 3 days, Christmas:Birth Of Christ

Meaningless if you aren't Christian. Regardless, it's too good of an item to have drop more than once a year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mudkipzjm said:

Meaningless if you aren't Christian. Regardless, it's too good of an item to have drop more than once a year.

You don't have to be a Christian they teach that stuff in some schools correct me if I'm wrong