Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

7 minutes ago, shong said:

Any chance of events that allow players to add hit up to 100 to non-rare weapons? Doesn't seem like it would really make DF/DM more OP, would just give Arrest/Hell Raygun or Laser, Charge Vulcan, Rainbow Baton players the ability to get some more hit. Admittedly I am just being selfish because I want 100 hit Charge Assaults (blue photon ftw) but they have 9 less ata than Vulcs and 17 less than TypeME/Mechs

I doubt we'll do that. Used to have donating up to 100hit, but it was removed for years now. We already do the hit event which allows you to add up to 70hit, which is plenty enough already, and it is actually possible to find weapons with up to 100hit as drops, even though quite rare. Here is a picture of one lucky bastard doing so https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/topic/50-show-your-screenshots/&do=findComment&comment=132554

• Like 2

Pretty please, make a weapon on this model (Type KN/Claw) :

BB-TYPEKN-CLAW-ACTION-1.jpg

It's supposed to be a fist, and it's really cool looking. No, I didn't said that, what I said is IT LOOKS AMAZINGLY STUNNING !

But obviously, that's one of the most useless weapon you can have at the moment given the low stats it got. So here is my proposal, be it in one year or for chritsmas, please consider it (at least one second ^^) :

War Hunger

Type : fist

Then either :

• 888 - 1388 ATP
  • 66 ATA
  • 50 EVP
  • 250 Grinders
  • Gush

Or :

• 833 ATP
  • 99 ATA
  • 50 DEF
  • 250 Grinders
  • Berzerk

Before refusing or not liking it, consider that :

• Pretty much no one use fist weapon
  • We don't have any real "three stars" fist weapon (except s-rank and type weapon)
  • It's a one hit one target weapon, so even with ATP higher than all other weapon, it will not be OP
  • If you got an even better/balanced idea about the stats/special, I don't really care as long as the skin is there !

Spoiler

Would be fun to have a "Vanguard" unit : +75 DFP +75 EVP +6 all resistances

I can already hear the scream of some people "maaan ! what do we care about evp ? and even dfp..." well screw those people lol, I love to have tanky character and since we don't have any centurion/body or centurion/legs, why not making a unit that join both. The "+6 all resist" is optional but fun ^^

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Misombre said:

Pretty please, make a weapon on this model (Type KN/Claw) :

BB-TYPEKN-CLAW-ACTION-1.jpg

It's supposed to be a fist, and it's really cool looking. No, I didn't said that, what I said is IT LOOKS AMAZINGLY STUNNING !

But obviously, that's one of the most useless weapon you can have at the moment given the low stats it got. So here is my proposal, be it in one year or for chritsmas, please consider it (at least one second ^^) :

War Hunger

Type : fist

Then either :

• 888 - 1388 ATP
  • 66 ATA
  • 50 EVP
  • 250 Grinders
  • Gush

Or :

• 833 ATP
  • 99 ATA
  • 50 DEF
  • 250 Grinders
  • Berzerk

Before refusing or not liking it, consider that :

• Pretty much no one use fist weapon
  • We don't have any real "three stars" fist weapon (except s-rank and type weapon)
  • It's a one hit one target weapon, so even with ATP higher than all other weapon, it will not be OP
  • If you got an even better/balanced idea about the stats/special, I don't really care as long as the skin is there !

Reveal hidden contents

Would be fun to have a "Vanguard" unit : +75 DFP +75 EVP +6 all resistances

I can already hear the scream of some people "maaan ! what do we care about evp ? and even dfp..." well screw those people lol, I love to have tanky character and since we don't have any centurion/body or centurion/legs, why not making a unit that join both. The "+6 all resist" is optional but fun ^^

It would be cool if we could get a useful card type weapon as well. 

You can just drop down the ATP accordingly ^^

Like if it's supposed to have 1000 ATP in total, you put 500 base atp and 250 grinder. So total stay 1000.

But well 100 or 150 grinders would already by cool =)

41 minutes ago, Soly said:

I doubt, if it becomes a thing, that it will have 250 grind

But something with 250 grind is a prime item to use chromatic orb on :onion-head05:  (what if you could use it and all it did was change color...except for the 10th which increased atp to 9999 :onion-head57:)

42 minutes ago, Misombre said:

You can just drop down the ATP accordingly ^^

Like if it's supposed to have 1000 ATP in total, you put 500 base atp and 250 grinder. So total stay 1000.

But well 100 or 150 grinders would already by cool =)

If you want a type kn/claw, then we can do some runs of ma1 and ma2 at some point, I have a lot of characters that need finishing off and I'd like to get one myself. I already have a few other possible fist ideas I need to refine, but fists aren't used mostly because the animation sucks, not because the weapon itself isn't good atp or whatever. Aside from that, if we do use that model for something, I wouldn't even make it into a fist weapon in the first place.
Grind is actually an important consideration in weapon design due to how scaling works. A 1000 atp weapon with 100% attribute has 2000 atp, but a 500atp weapon with 250grind and 100% attribute has 1500 atp.

@Fyrewolf5 Oh wow ! Didn't knew that ! So actually grinders are not part of the weapon base ATP, it's just a bonus overall... Good to know !

Yes I'd like to hunt it one day ! I'll hit you up about that next time I got spared time =)

Well I talked about "fist" type, but like I said, I just want than skin to be used for a "better and more useful" weapon. If it were to become a dagger or double saber animation, I'll still be happy (with a lot of rework on the stats I gave of course).

Yes fist are not used because of the bad animation. But I do think that if there was better weapon, it could/would compensate the animation enough to be playable (also I noticed that the last attack of a fist combo is a pain to do)

• Like 1

Sadly I don't think I can do that... Well... at least not without a lot of work.

I think I have explained why those files (slbgm_...) are made that way, it's so the game can change the "mood"? of the song based on the state of whatever you are doing.
A while ago I found some information in the client about this files but haven't done anything with it yet.

And well.. that's why you rarely see music properly looped for those files, because (some) people don't know how to.. and not every song will fit in there.. certainly not songs that are meant to be played from start to finish.

Never knew that atp from attributes was only based on the base atp, always figured the grinds were included. Always fun to learn something new about a game you have played for so long :)

It's a bummer that so many TYPE weapons have such poor atp/grinds, wish the regular sword or the double saber were more viable

Hello. First post to site. Sorry if I do anything wrong. Just started playing. I had played for years offline on GC. It is wonderful to see such a great, dedicated community to a fantastic game.

If possible, i was wondering if it were at all possible to sell all utility items to players of any level. This server allows us to level quickly so we start playing on harder difficulties (less low-grade items) and eventually we level high enough that the shops stop selling lower items. As a result our access to monomates, monofluids, etc. is severely limited. As many like to be very precise with their mags, they may need tens if not hundreds if not thousands of these. You can make a new character to buy them, but if you follow that method, probably a lot of time you play will be spent waiting to feed your mag. (Since you need more, but you can only carry ten.) I am curious if it is possible to sell these items in the shops at later levels, which would MANY players have a better gaming experience.

Of course, this is all my opinion... Don't take what I say too seriously! It IS just a game after all!!! =-)  Great game! May we play it for years to come!!!

1 hour ago, guywithpie said:

Hello. First post to site. Sorry if I do anything wrong. Just started playing. I had played for years offline on GC. It is wonderful to see such a great, dedicated community to a fantastic game.

Of course, this is all my opinion... Don't take what I say too seriously! It IS just a game after all!!! =-)  Great game! May we play it for years to come!!!

Don't worry, everyone is free to say what they think, would like to see, etc.
There has been suggestions already for the shops to sell fixed items but for now, I don't think that's going to happen, neither different other level's shop.

I'm not going to discuss all of it but shops work basically picking a random shop from a set of shops, meaning to add a fixed item we have to modify all those sets and ebven worse for serving lower level shops to another "tier" ... So basically that's why is not happening, after that's dealt with (new method for shops, probably not anytimes soon) then it depends if Larva wants to allow such a thing or not.

This has probably been asked before and if so, my apologies but I can't find it in the thread so I'm going to take my chance:

Would it be very complicated to remove the lock on quest groups? It's kind of annoying to start a quest knowing full well that once you're in, no one can join. I'm not talking about timed or ranked quests such as TTF and CCA where exploits would be too blatant, but regular quests that simply add some flavor and context to the same ~10 maps we play over and over again.

If this is just some silly flag Sega hard-coded there, it shouldn't be too hard but if it involves re-syncing clients with downloaded data, I won't be surprised if you say it can't be done.

1 minute ago, Aeroprism said:

This has probably been asked before and if so, my apologies but I can't find it in the thread so I'm going to take my chance:

Would it be very complicated to remove the lock on quest groups? It's kind of annoying to start a quest knowing full well that once you're in, no one can join. I'm not talking about timed or ranked quests such as TTF and CCA where exploits would be too blatant, but regular quests that simply add some flavor and context to the same ~10 maps we play over and over again.

If this is just some silly flag Sega hard-coded there, it shouldn't be too hard but if it involves re-syncing clients with downloaded data, I won't be surprised if you say it can't be done.

it can be done but soly mentioned once as i remember corectly that they wont implement that cause of bugs and so on D: