Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

2 minutes ago, Soly said:

That looks interesting... to point out some things
Stat boosts can be only 2.
HP/TP regen and those kind of special things can't be done.

I'll address the stats in a bit then, maybe 25 ATP and 25 MST, not sure.

About the HP/TP regen, would it not be possible to edit one of the armors that already grants HP regen?

8 minutes ago, Smoochum said:

I'll address the stats in a bit then, maybe 25 ATP and 25 MST, not sure.

About the HP/TP regen, would it not be possible to edit one of the armors that already grants HP regen?

I don't think we would edit original items (again), in fact I want to find the tech level boost of hylian shield to unlock it and restore the item it overwrote.

Edited by Soly

1 hour ago, Soly said:

I don't think we would edit original items (again), in fact I want to find the tech level boost of hylian shield to unlock it and restore the item it overwrote.

That's a shame. I bet it's a lot of work but copying and modifying revival garment/cuirass would really make it feel more "vampirey" - even if the effect is kinda useless. Is it completely off the table?

(Plsplsplspls o 3o)

Edit: updated stats in original post to reflect your comments

Edited by Smoochum

Since people are tossing out Halloween-themed item suggestions... Halloween means Trick-or-Treat to a lot of people, which means CANDY. How about adding- and dropping for the duration of a Halloween event only, to make it actually something special- a buffed version of the Lollipop? Maybe something with just slightly higher ATP and ATA than the normal Lollipop, the same LCK, a decent MST boost, and a special ability...

Sucker

ATP: +250 (50 more than Lollipop)

ATA: +40 (10 more than Lollipop)

MST: +66 (33 more than Lollipop)

LCK: +10 (same as Lollipop)

Special: Geist or Gush  (as a play on the name 'Sucker', it sucks either TP or HP from enemies)

Requirements: ATP 275 (53 more than Lollipop)

Yes, it's still a novelty item... But its more fun than the basic novelty item it's based on. :P

Edited by Talisien
clarification
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Nightmare2.0 said:

@soly what do you think abou my idea? ._.

Is not possible

4 hours ago, Smoochum said:

That's a shame. I bet it's a lot of work but copying and modifying revival garment/cuirass would really make it feel more "vampirey" - even if the effect is kinda useless. Is it completely off the table?

(Plsplsplspls o 3o)

Edit: updated stats in original post to reflect your comments

The original items are staying as they are, no overwriting, we can grab stuff from them but probably particles or stuff like that won't carry over to the other item (as it happens with special stuff), until I find a way to do it.

Btw, I just said I liked it (I think the stats could go a bit lower tho), but I didn't say we'd implement it.

1 hour ago, Talisien said:

Since people are tossing out Halloween-themed item suggestions... Halloween means Trick-or-Treat to a lot of people, which means CANDY. How about adding- and dropping for the duration of a Halloween event only, to make it actually something special- a buffed version of the Lollipop? Maybe something with just slightly higher ATP and ATA than the normal Lollipop, the same LCK, a decent MST boost, and a special ability...

Yes, it's still a novelty item... But its more fun than the basic novelty item it's based on. :P

That looks interesting too...

Since Egg Blaster is a nice looking weapon but not particularly useful in general, plus it was usable by all classes in the Dreamcast version but sadly not on here, why not create an upgrade?

Egg Blaster Plus (made by using an event drop item on Egg Blaster, stats carry over):

ATP: 400-500

ATA: 50

Special: Berzerk

• Like 1

If you're not going to increase the ATA requirement, isn't that a pretty substantial increase in ATP when coupled with berzerk? From what I remember, the ATA required for the Egg Blaster was only like 140 or so.

That's not to imply I don't like the idea, though. I really do like it. Hell, I'd be happy just to see a new, second version of the basic Egg Blaster that just has a better special, lol. I'd also like to see an improved version of the Suppressed Gun, come to that... With decent damage for such a low ATA requirement, I love that thing for lower level characters- and it's not too shabby for FO's either. An upgraded version (even just raising the grinding cap) would be welcomed enthusiastically by me.

28 minutes ago, Talisien said:

If you're not going to increase the ATA requirement, isn't that a pretty substantial increase in ATP when coupled with berzerk? From what I remember, the ATA required for the Egg Blaster was only like 140 or so.

That's not to imply I don't like the idea, though. I really do like it. Hell, I'd be happy just to see a new, second version of the basic Egg Blaster that just has a better special, lol. I'd also like to see an improved version of the Suppressed Gun, come to that... With decent damage for such a low ATA requirement, I love that thing for lower level characters- and it's not too shabby for FO's either. An upgraded version (even just raising the grinding cap) would be welcomed enthusiastically by me.

Hey there : ) the suppressed gun is actually a secret beast of a gun on this server . With no original special people add one with dts so you end up really nice charge , hell and arrest guns and as a handgun equipable by all its the second best in slot handgun after typeGU/Mech for accuracy only 3 ata off the type gun but has better atp for charge attack so it's a close run thing for best handgun for all chars. But obviously isn't upto heaven/asteron striker level but is still strong : )

1 hour ago, Talisien said:

Oops, I didn't even think of the requirement. Yeah, it could have a higher one like 170 or so, just to make sure every class can equip it.

Hello, i'm new here.

i'd like to see more game stability over anything. The random disconnects at times really suck.

Also, something to reduce the ping time from server? I'm located in Texas, so i don't know where the server is hosted, but the ping can be really high sometimes.

i'd also like to see less of "donation tickets" being used as a trade currency... it's fine to donate for an item, but creating another currency that overpasses all other in-game currency is unhealthy for the game in the long run. eventually people will stop playing if everyone is running around in pay-to-win fashion.

just my thoughts

Yes you're new here. Welcome then =)

Concerning the ping : that's unlikely to change unless they set up a server in Texas (in your case). But then what about the other country ? Hum... no can do. It's a private server, not a some kind of big company's server.

The "donations tickets" not necessary surpass all other in-game currency. But what may seems unhealthy it that it IS a common currency. Now, unless

1. You got a revolutionary idea
  2. It is doable
  3. Larva agree to apply the said idea
  4. It actually works (revolutionary doesn't mean full-proof)

It is unlikely to change. But do not misunderstand, Larva has been trying to find out how to reduce the importance of DTs (or not, or perhaps he already found, or we will never know anyway). But so far, no clue, nothing done.

Also take in consideration than "Hit" is essential here on Ultima (since monsters have been buffed), and that you can't get extra hit without paying with DTs (which you can obtain from players against PDs or stuff, or even during events ! You don't necessary have to pay.)

Also, I will only speak for myself but I never get random disconnection. So perhaps am just lucky (naaah...), perhaps it's linked to the ping. Anyway, unless it has something to do with your actual connection (or with a bug from the server), it's also unlikely it will change =/

That said, have a nice day =)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 2blivion said:

Hello, i'm new here.

i'd like to see more game stability over anything. The random disconnects at times really suck.

Also, something to reduce the ping time from server? I'm located in Texas, so i don't know where the server is hosted, but the ping can be really high sometimes.

i'd also like to see less of "donation tickets" being used as a trade currency... it's fine to donate for an item, but creating another currency that overpasses all other in-game currency is unhealthy for the game in the long run. eventually people will stop playing if everyone is running around in pay-to-win fashion.

just my thoughts

Random disconnects may often result from your own internet connection being unstable. A good solid connection (does not have to be fast, just solid) will rarely disconnect. If you are on wireless, consider switching to wired. Bear in mind that this is an old game that was originally designed to go online with the dreamcast, so only so much can be done. As for the ping, the server is unlikely to be moved again at this time, but if you are getting random spikes it sounds more like an unstable connection issue.

Donation tickets may seem to overshadow some things, but donation tickets are rarely used to 'create' items from scratch in the game. They may be used to trade with players, but those players put in the effort to hunt the items from monsters, it's much less often that a gm actually spawns items out of thin air for dts. It's also impossible to have gm's create event items, those must be hunted to be obtained. There are also always people that will trade dts for pds around (usually at 15dts for 99pds).
Most of the useful things that are done with dts are also done in minievents hosted by the server; for example we just had a hit event the other week which made it easy for all players to get extra hit on their weapons. We also have special adding events, custom mag events, and all sorts of other minievents to let people win/get unique items.
It is very possible to get tons of stuff in this game without donating a penny. I personally have never used donation tickets to add hit or attributes or specials to any weapons, have never sphered any weapons with pds/ps (I haven't even done the quest unlock for it yet), and have only payed other people dts (which I've gotten by winning mini events and selling other items) for their items only a handful of times (the only 4 times I've used dts I think, for a rico's parasol when I knew I was going on vacation and wouldn't have time to hunt it, a machine/hit blood sword bc I'm weird and wanted to make an offer they couldn't refuse, a hit yunchang bc ep4 hard is difficult to find one with hit, and a slicer of fanatic with hit bc I'd been putting off hunting one for my hunters for too long).
Despite never having added extra stats in any way or hit to anything (outside of hit minievent), I have many, many weapons that are sphered out or extra stats and extra hit. I don't even trade very often, but when I do it's usually items for items or pds for items, and I just give most lesser stuff away.
I know you are new here, and it may seem like everyone wants dts, but I assure you that they aren't necessary to do anything. Many people have an "If it's not the best, then it sucks" mentality about this game, but you don't need 100%attribute 60+hit weapons to be effective, only thing you would ever need gear like that for is serious min-maxed time attacking (which is not common on this server), and is far more about the actual gameplay skill than getting that little bit extra on weapons.

@misnombre Hit is only needed if you never ever ata glitch combos and are trying to use a lot of special attacks in ep2. 0hit weaons will land their normal and hard attacks on most everything generally even without ata glitching, aside from extreme cases (e.g. things like fomarl, no kroes, no red ring, 0hit vivi on sinow zoa / zol gibbon / etc. Note: ata glitching even in this extreme case of very low ata character with 0hit weapon is stronger than the missing gear, doing a HN would add 137ata to first attack, whereas kroes+rr+50hit would only add 56ata).

Edited by Fyrewolf5
  • Like 1