Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

1 hour ago, yanvbraz said:

A unit that have the same effects of V801 and V502 together (so I don't have to exchange units when alternating between melee/nuke). -> Name: V503 or V802 :"L

think this was tried before but was not possible

A lot of item suggestions at the minute : / here's mine : Gold odashi silver nimaidu, Armour with built in centurion battle lv 195 to equip stats 300 def 300 evp all resists 25 possibly hunter only to follow original item line and some cool armour effect like a recoloured electro frame lightning and maybe if possible some item interaction like the originals did (ata boost to katanas and twin swords can't remember exactly) see a lot of people asking about units and would be nice to have a space where the normally untouched cent battle lives , but just another idea that will never happen : )

Sorry but... lol...

Probably no new armor will have built in speed... I'd need to find how the current ones do and then modify the speed they give, but C/B on a frame is insane. Same goes for the boosts for specific items, all that stuff is hardcoded, the "visuals", if its not hardcoded then would be easy.

Edited by Soly

4 minutes ago, Misombre said:

Hardcoding really is the worst programming practice out there ^^

Eh, only if you care about the people 15 years from then being able to modify the game.  Sega could just recompile and push new exe's out.  Probably all they had to do was add a class to the compile.

@Lemon Not really buddy. What I mean is that hardcoding is a terrible thing in the wonderful world of programming. It's like "taking a step back in order to jump better" (I don't know if this expression makes sense in english, but in french it does ^^). Basically, it's a lazy fix of programmers lacking of time or means. And in most case it is supposed to be temporary, meaning that a better code (softcoding) is supposed to replace it.

But of course, like you said, it's a 15 years old game and people who made it didn't care about the future. And in a way, they were right.

But I often think about this little sentence "Code like your successors are dangerous psychopaths who know where you live", and I cannot help but think that PSO programmers could all be dead by now =D 

30 minutes ago, Lemon said:

Eh, only if you care about the people 15 years from then being able to modify the game.  Sega could just recompile and push new exe's out.  Probably all they had to do was add a class to the compile.

It's almost as if only a third of sonicteam had just two years to work on a very ambitious and revolutionary project in a style that nobody had any experience with, and ran out of time and money trying to get it ready for a christmas holiday release date, and probably could have made use of *cough*DCver1dec21,2000*cough*DCver2june7,2001*cough* another 5 and a half months of development time.

Lol totally right... I mean, just look at a few things here and there like the ep4 mag cells, their combinations are hardcoded while the previous cells are in the PMT file which can be easily changed, hardcoding weapon specials (I wonder if they said: "we definitely won't make anything like this weapon ever again", for every hardcoded weapon special)....

As Saith said, their coding went downhill at some point, they never came back up... gg

On 9/19/2016 at 7:28 PM, Stephen Burgin Sr. said:

i would like to be able to hold more guild cards. i seem to have more friends than slots. sorry don't know if this has come up before. ty

someone please tell me to shut up. that way at least i know someone see what i type on this web site. nvm i won't look back again. thanks.

55 minutes ago, Stephen Burgin Sr. said:

someone please tell me to shut up. that way at least i know someone see what i type on this web site. nvm i won't look back again. thanks.

Personally, I don't think is a big deal.... If we increase the limit, you'll reach the limit and will be the same thing... either way I'll check it out.

Just in time for the Halloween event, how about an item to hunt?

Vampire Cloak

Type: Frame
Requirement: Level: 135 (maybe as high as 150 based on stats, let the kids have some fun too mmm???)
Stars: 12
ATP: 30 (vampires are strong, buffed cause no luck)
ATA: 0
MST: 30 (vampires are smart, buffed cause no luck)
DFP: 193-257
EVP: 260-338 (evasive little buggers)
LCK: 0 (can only have 2 stats, sadface)
EFR: -20 (weak to fire)
EIC: 20
ETH: 20
EDK: 45 (I mean... it is a vampire)
ELT: -20 (dead to sunlight)

Regenerates HP over time (if possible, I understand this is a lot of work and may cause problems and will probably not be done)

Wearable by every class, use the smoking plate appearance (perhaps recoloured red if possible)

About the DFP and EVP values: I figure vampires are more elusive than they are tough. Also: 193257 and 260338 are both "vampire numbers": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vampire_number

pls GM giff love to smoochum

Edited by Smoochum
few changes to stats based on soly comments
  • Like 1

Vampires are accurate : +10 ATA

Vampires are fast : +40 % attack speed

Vampires are not weak to sunlight, they instantly die on sunlight : -150 EDK

Vampires fear stake : undefined index "stake" on line 453

19 minutes ago, Misombre said:

Vampires are accurate : +10 ATA

Vampires are fast : +40 % attack speed

Vampires are not weak to sunlight, they instantly die on sunlight : -150 EDK

Vampires fear stake : undefined index "stake" on line 453

Last 2 made me lol, assume you mean -150 ELT

Edited by Smoochum

58 minutes ago, Smoochum said:

Just in time for the Halloween event, how about an item to hunt?

Vampire Cloak

That looks interesting... to point out some things
Stat boosts can be only 2.
HP/TP regen and those kind of special things can't be done.