Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

I was so hyped when I read that one year ago before christmas event :

Girasole atp+550, ata+50, mst+2, special: berserk in four different directions, req atp 550. (CF : the help & support guide topic on the forum)

Berzerk in four different directions ! Now that would have been a good double saber type weapon !

You can imagine how disappointed I was to discover it was only energy waves in four directions... (Yes I'd better look at univers-ps or pso-world website)

So I just wanna point out that we don't necessary need new weapons. Just improving some already existing weapon to the point they actually become useful would be fair enough.

Energy wave is utmost useless (except on Tsumikiri, but it just has the same name, the mechanism is completely different). Damage dealt by normal energy wave such as Lavis weapons, Raikiri, Orotiagito and Girasole do not deal enough damage to be useful. Basically people use those weapon to reach the threshold for Dark Flow special. Pitiful really, those weapon could have so much potential. And am not even talking about something OP. Just Hard Attack damage (like Tsumikiri) would be fair enough.

Now, "energy wave" are only the tip of the iceberg. How many weapons actually have a completely useless special that could be really great ? Kuf kuf, dragon slayer kuf... and so on.

To me, new items only unbalance the game more and more. Am not talking about being OP or not. But because of all this novelty, a tons of well designed weapon are left behind. Though, they are the legacy of PSO, but since they are just not good enough : they will end up forgotten, or at beast, taking dust in a collection.

9 hours ago, Misombre said:

I was so hyped when I read that one year ago before christmas event :

Girasole atp+550, ata+50, mst+2, special: berserk in four different directions, req atp 550. (CF : the help & support guide topic on the forum)

Berzerk in four different directions ! Now that would have been a good double saber type weapon !

You can imagine how disappointed I was to discover it was only energy waves in four directions... (Yes I'd better look at univers-ps or pso-world website)

So I just wanna point out that we don't necessary need new weapons. Just improving some already existing weapon to the point they actually become useful would be fair enough.

Energy wave is utmost useless (except on Tsumikiri, but it just has the same name, the mechanism is completely different). Damage dealt by normal energy wave such as Lavis weapons, Raikiri, Orotiagito and Girasole do not deal enough damage to be useful. Basically people use those weapon to reach the threshold for Dark Flow special. Pitiful really, those weapon could have so much potential. And am not even talking about something OP. Just Hard Attack damage (like Tsumikiri) would be fair enough.

Now, "energy wave" are only the tip of the iceberg. How many weapons actually have a completely useless special that could be really great ? Kuf kuf, dragon slayer kuf... and so on.

To me, new items only unbalance the game more and more. Am not talking about being OP or not. But because of all this novelty, a tons of well designed weapon are left behind. Though, they are the legacy of PSO, but since they are just not good enough : they will end up forgotten, or at beast, taking dust in a collection.

Originally lavis series/girasole did hard attack damage in dreamcast I think, but sega nerfed it hard in later versions.
However, Oritiagito/Raikiri/GalWind are not the lavis wave special, they do their own yellow berserk wave special. The yellow berserk wave does Hard attack damage and pierces through any monsters in its path using special attack accuracy. It's actually a kinda useful special with the pierce, especially on something as strong as orotiagito (with samurai armor, orotiagito reachs 1040atp).
The PB wave on tsumikiri j-sword and Master Sword is a third distinct special, but what is funny is that the Berdysh partisan that also has a pb wave special only does light attack damage with it's version of it, unlike tjs and ms.

I would not say that "tons of well designed weapon are left behind" though. In fact, most are pretty poorly designed. You mention dragon slayer, which while it has a cool model, is in the sword class. The swords in the game vary quite wildly in stats, and even without new weapons most of them would get left behind anyway for the few that are just clearly better than the rest; too often in PSO everyone has a 'If it's not the best, then it sucks' mentality. Considering that we can't insert new models into the game, we'll likely come around to having weapons that use the weapons you like as a basis, maybe one day we'll have a Sil Dragon Slayer, or a Soul Edge, or whatever it gets called. 

@Soly I know well =/ but couldn't help myself but pointing out. 

Also, would it be possible to "un-nerf" wave special on Lavis seris and Girasole ? Make it like a hard attack in term of ATP ?

@Fyrewolf5 Oh thanks for the additional infos, I didn't knew for Orotiagito and Berdish =D Yes old models will be reused eventually, but that's what I've trying to say : instead of just reusing old model, why not just changing the stats of the old one. Could even change the drop rate of those weapon accordingly with their new status (in term of power I mean). What I see, is that we will end up with a lot of "looks like" items, but half of it will be garbage.

@Moiy Sanchez What about no ? Cannon rouge seriously ? Oo

upgrapte canon rougue to Soul rougue , it has now combo and a lil more atp and ata

plus it has special chaos or blizzard or other one nice

can hunt it on halloween  on idk, epsilions? skyly?whitill?

i think is nice idea XD

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Misombre said:

@Soly I know well =/ but couldn't help myself but pointing out. 

Also, would it be possible to "un-nerf" wave special on Lavis seris and Girasole ? Make it like a hard attack in term of ATP ?

@Fyrewolf5 Oh thanks for the additional infos, I didn't knew for Orotiagito and Berdish =D Yes old models will be reused eventually, but that's what I've trying to say : instead of just reusing old model, why not just changing the stats of the old one. Could even change the drop rate of those weapon accordingly with their new status (in term of power I mean). What I see, is that we will end up with a lot of "looks like" items, but half of it will be garbage.

There is a flag in the weapon data, I'll check it out.... but

I don't like to modify original stuff, I even took lot of time to "fix" stuff like for example, you might remember Ashura Mag Cell was in place of team points, I reverted that and added ashura in the right group (with the rest of the mag cells), some (unused) weapons were overwritten with new weapons, I restored the old weapons and put the new in extra slots, etc

1 hour ago, Moiy Sanchez said:

upgrapte canon rougue to Soul rougue , it has now combo and a lil more atp and ata

i think is nice idea XD

Like Cannon Rouge hasn't high enough stats already ... if you were to unlock its combo AND increase ATP/ATA it would be utterly broken.

If anything, Soly could create a combo unlocked version (maybe made with Photon Booster or POST) equippable only by the fleshie RAs as the counterpiece to Iron Faust. But it should have lower ATP than Iron Faust because Cannon Rouge with good attributes is way easier to obtain than Panzer Faust.

2 hours ago, Moiy Sanchez said:

i think is nice idea XD

Fuck no, that's a terrible idea. Cannon Rouge unlocked and with even more atp and ata than it already has (CR is 810 atp and 45 ata already), would be stronger than dm kinds of broken.

2 hours ago, Moiy Sanchez said:

For the sake of god, write it correctly at least once xD It's Cannon rouge

Is it possible to enable the Join-in-progress for initial players only (those who basically where present when the quest started) ?

Because it is really frustrating and a waste of time to get DC/crash in mid quests (which happens a lot with me) when I play with team ...

I always fear that when I start long quests (especially when the reward is at the end, like RT for Olga drops) ...

3 minutes ago, R-78 said:

For the sake of god, write it correctly at least once xD It's Cannon rouge

Is it possible to enable the Join-in-progress for initial players only (those who basically where present when the quest started) ?

Because it is really frustrating and a waste of time to get DC/crash in mid quests (which happens a lot with me) when I play with team ...

I always fear that when I start long quests (especially when the reward is at the end, like RT for Olga drops) ...

Pretty sure that will mess up a WHOLE ton of things, since most quests change state as the player progresses, and a new player wouldn't be in the same state as the current players and all sorts of messes happen then.

14 minutes ago, Lemon said:

Pretty sure that will mess up a WHOLE ton of things

Of course it does, I've already experienced that on Schthack.

But sometimes when you literally just lost 15 min for nothing because you crashed before the interesting part of a quest, you don't even care about the 9:59:59 timer / invalid qt_success etc (in the case of monster items hunt)

45 minutes ago, R-78 said:

It would be the same if we enabled it for everybody, the quest stability goes to s***.

Oops, didn't even see Lemon had replied.

Edited by Soly

41 minutes ago, Soly said:

It would be the same if we enabled it for everybody, the quest stability goes to s***.

I actually didn't suggest the players restriction to make it more stable, but to avoid exploitation like joining a random TTF right before Dark Falz to get a chance finding RR while other players did all the job or get a free support at the last moment for example.