Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

51 minutes ago, Lemon said:

maybe for next server, but a /help command that lists all (available) the commands would be nice.

Already asked for this, was just linked to the command thread of the help section by soly. Wouldn't expect it

32 minutes ago, ryukin said:

Already asked for this, was just linked to the command thread of the help section by soly. Wouldn't expect it

maybe if I write it for him he'll put it in xP

Also - I feel like all the bosses (at least in ult) should have 100x their current hp.  The final boss should not go down before he swings his sword.... That's just sad.

6 minutes ago, Lemon said:

maybe if I write it for him he'll put it in xP

Also - I feel like all the bosses (at least in ult) should have 100x their current hp.  The final boss should not go down before he swings his sword.... That's just sad.

I think someone said we will get Crack mode back soon. If we aren't, they should at least remove the text on the main page talking about it.

2 hours ago, Lemon said:

maybe for next server, but a /help command that lists all (available) the commands would be nice.

1 hour ago, ryukin said:

In the next server is easier because of the way I handle text.
It'll be there at some point

Is it possible to change the default options that are pre-selected when you create a game? It's annoying that we always have to change from "Normal" to "Ultimate" once we are past the lower levels. I assume this is hard-coded in the client itself but I was wondering if maybe there is a way to make it a selection in the launcher which then modifies that value in the client?

Even better would be a command called /remake 1 (or /remake 0 to turn it off) that remembers the last selections you made upon game creation so that when you make the next game, the episode, type and difficulty are the same and name/pass fields are already filled in. However I doubt it is possible, just an idea ...

• Like 1

I have returned from the dead with 3 new random ideas :D

1) if possible to change the mechanics of Psobb, this idea would be a 4th attack called Invoke attack. This rather uniquely designed attack will pretty much give all weapons their very own absolute strike, rather then depending on a special attack for utility results. A few examples could be

Saber: Invoke strike - hits 1 target, cannot combo, higher chance for critical hit

Wand: invoke Strike- hits 1 target, scales on MST instead of STR

Handgun: invoke strike- hits 1 target causing heavy knockback, cannot combo

Sword: invoke strike- hits 3 targets causing increased damage even stronger then strong attack, cannot combo

Mechgun: invokve strike- 3 fast shots with increased recovery time, * as if using a battle unit*

Rifle: invoke strike- hits the target with increased precision, a shot that never misses, can be combo'd

Shot/Shotgun: invoke strike- Removes knockback from normal shots, but increases damage, cannot be combo'd

2) A new monster design idea, would it be possible to take the current design for tanky monsters such as Garanz, Hildebear, nano dragon, and Dark belra's and create what you could call as Omni-8 way version of each? Basically turning these monsters into heavy anti-magic/physical damage monstrositys with increased stats and exp who each can use all elemental abilitys, they could be a new addition to the rare monsters list, a quick design tip instead of changing their color completely you could paint each of them a grayish/silver color to symbolize their Omni forms. An example of some would be

Omni-Hildge bear : uses Zonde,Gibarta, Gifoie, and jellen/Deband at random * thus giving it some difficulty to defeat for both long and close ranged fighters*

* Skin suggestion* image_1_00316.jpg

Omni-Garanz: Uses Zonde/Gi-zonde * close range, Uses Rafoie/Grants *long range*, lol could you imagine a garanz hitting you with Grantz when your HP is low, ohh yea that'll be a salty memory for ever lol

*Skin suggestion* image_1_00267.jpg

3) a new custom unit/ or units which increase/decrease your mags gained exp from certain items, or perhaps new special mag designed food. for example lets say 200 = 1 level up for a mag then

1- mag bite - gives +15 to all stats (smallest chunk)

2- mag buffer (8 star unit) - increases all gains and decreases by 10 points

ex 1 while wearing 1 mag buffer that boosts the effectiveness of mag bites making the gains 25 to all 4 stats instead of 15, buffers should be stackable as-well, this could possibly be a brand new must have for mag sellers, veterans and new characters needing to produce a certain mag or just filling in missing stats.

Edited by rioshima
Added a few images to my ideas

None of these are possible.

1. This stuff is who knows where, the weapon-character animations, all the modifiers used (like how a hard attack does more damage than normal), etc. In fact just the first sentence "change mechanics of psobb".

2. No new monsters, all the parameter files have a hardcoded length/count for this, no animations or models (unless they are reused).

3. Although the mag feed tables are not exactly hardcoded, they are received just once with lots of parameters when you log in.

What do you mean?
There is already an option to wrap text in the client/launcher. But apparently it doesn't affect every text area.
Also it breaks based on the font you have selected.

Where do you want text wrapping?
I usually try to make the strings sent from the server, wrap in certain areas so its easy to read.

11 hours ago, Soly said:

What do you mean?
There is already an option to wrap text in the client/launcher. But apparently it doesn't affect every text area.
Also it breaks based on the font you have selected.

Where do you want text wrapping?
I usually try to make the strings sent from the server, wrap in certain areas so its easy to read.

:onion-head57:Look at you implementing things before I can think of them.  It doesn't seem to work while you are typing, or in the chat log window however.  That wouldn't really be a server thing though, so I'm not sure if you can do anything about it.