Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

Hmm... suggest how to do it?
I don't know... we haven't decided if its going to happen anyway.

I was thinking of some rule set to follow regarding to the weapon design (I don't have anything in mind for that rule set yet tho, basically nothing crazy) and also stay within some limitations the game has (like no swords with 15 targets because isn't possible).

Regarding to weapon ideas
Depending on the amount of ideas, it would be limited to some amount per person
Depending on the variety of ideas, it could be separated in some logical groups like sabers swords and stuff in some group, rifles, hand/mech/shot guns in other, force stuff in another.

Again, nothing defined yet because this isn't even "in paper". (If that expression makes sense)

Edited by Soly

1 hour ago, Midori said:

Can I make some suggestions on how to do this?

Make a new topic and ask the community for their ideas for new weapons, but each post can only contain one weapon idea. After a couple weeks or so, see which weapons got the most upvotes and then make a proper poll based on those.

there is a topic to suggest new weapons/other stuffs in game somewhere on the forum, I think some of them were used already 

Speaking of slicers! That brings up a 2 new weapon ideasto mind from me, I know I've thought of enough already but I think these will be more down-to-earth lol.

1)

Item name: Blood fang Slicer

Stars: 9

Atp: 144

ATP req: 320

ATA: 44

Max grinder: + 22

Effect/Special: Drain

Description: A blade made up of the fangs of a blood thirsty savage wolf, it's said to even bear the capability to one day kill it's own owner by siphoning their blood.

This slicer would have the default skin of a Cutter with the addition of a couple changes to it's design * 3* sliver weapon*

How to obtain? : * new item called Fang of wolf* - drops from Savage wolves the same way booma's arm and Rappy's wings will drop ^_^.

2)

Item name: D.volt ( Armor)

Stars: 10

DFP: 56

EVA: 71

Luck: +5

EDR: 15

ELR: -20

Special/Effect: Increases your Zonde's damage while wearing this armor. ( Aprox. +15% Zonde damage when worn)

Level req: 81

Obtained: Drop chance from Vol.opt on Vhard mode, or perhaps a drop from Garantz in mines 2.

It sucks when you get surrounded by monsters and you block every attack, so it is completely impossible to escape and you are forced to cancel the quest or log off. Maybe as a way to get out of these situations, we could have a piece of equipment (shield, unit, armor, weapon, anything could work) that when equipped will do damage to monsters when you block their attack. So for example, you block a Booma's attack, and it automatically does 50 damage to the Booma. I don't know if such a thing is possible but it would be a cool utility item.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, rioshima said:

Speaking of slicers! That brings up a 2 new weapon ideasto mind from me, I know I've thought of enough already but I think these will be more down-to-earth lol.

1)

Item name: Blood fang Slicer

How to obtain? : * new item called Fang of wolf* - drops from Savage wolves the same way booma's arm and Rappy's wings will drop ^_^.

2)

Item name: D.volt ( Armor)

Obtained: Drop chance from Vol.opt on Vhard mode, or perhaps a drop from Garantz in mines 2.

Your first suggestion is 2 items in one... I don't think we want new tools right now, I'd rather just put the weapon to drop from the monster.
Your second suggestion... we already have a VIRUS SHIELD: Vol Opt (don't mind the caps, just copied from the item maker)

Keep all your suggestions (they sure are a lot lol) at hand, I am not compiling any suggestions yet (as nothing has been defined yet), but as soon as a topic or something goes live, you'll prolly want them there.

20 minutes ago, Midori said:

It sucks when you get surrounded by monsters and you block every attack, so it is completely impossible to escape and you are forced to cancel the quest or log off. Maybe as a way to get out of these situations, we could have a piece of equipment (shield, unit, armor, weapon, anything could work) that when equipped will do damage to monsters when you block their attack. So for example, you block a Booma's attack, and it automatically does 50 damage to the Booma. I don't know if such a thing is possible but it would be a cool utility item.

I don't think so, if you haven't seen it anywhere.
I think even with infinite evasion you still block?? I don't recall

• Like 1

I've another set of ideas to improve the server, instead of in-game Editions why not have some out of game suggestions as-well for example!!!!

1) Movie night!  * I know it'll be extremely difficult to plan this but we can try* We'd have to find a stream or host website and stream movies with the community and chit chat/ netflix and chill ect ect =p.

2) Let's get more active in the Shoutbox/Discord if the shoutbox's message limit is too little. ( This is questionable, since I'm not around to verify activeness.)

Also, when you guys gonna care about the dead Challenge mode, you fixed it but I never see anyone playing it unless I'm the one hosting a run lol, perhaps we could see a bit of enthusiasm towards all the game modes rather then Ultimate >.> =P.

Edited by rioshima

6 minutes ago, rioshima said:

Also, when you guys gonna care about the dead Challenge mode, you fixed it but I never see anyone playing it unless I'm the one hosting a run lol, perhaps we could see a bit of enthusiasm towards all the game modes rather then Ultimate >.> =P.

thats not right xD just last week about 2 teams (2 x 4 peeps) played c mode c;

7 minutes ago, rioshima said:

I've another set of ideas to improve the server, instead of in-game Editions why not have some out of game suggestions as-well for example!!!!

1) Movie night!  * I know it'll be extremely difficult to plan this but we can try* We'd have to find a stream or host website and stream movies with the community and chit chat/ netflix and chill ect ect =p.

2) Let's get more active in the Shoutbox/Discord if the shoutbox's message limit is too little. ( This is questionable, since I'm not around to verify activeness.)

Kinda hard to arrange those things yeah, also I don't have a good internet for (watching) a stream.... It sucks, but I'd be out.

CMode, it works, what else can we do lol. Sure it has problems (sometimes?) ... idk but is playable, is up to the players if they want some sranks.

6 minutes ago, Nightmare2.0 said:

thats not right xD just last week about 2 teams (2 x 4 peeps) played c mode c;

i was part of it!

i think....

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HHawk4 said:

i was part of it!

i think....

yes you was! :D me, you, howi, aigis, RRR and 3 unknown for me xP

Edited by Nightmare2.0

How  about adding something to the game that would benefit  everyone , like a experience  bar to start with that could sit below the ui or at the top of the screen or any where it wasn,t too intrusive maybe even a small bar that sits below the number buttons ui at say text the same size as used in this post and full width with marks within the bar at every 10 % , as for me that would give me a much better idea of how many mobs to kill etc or maybe even add that into the  bar too , also being equivalent to wherever we are and whatever mobs we are facing  

also an increase of the cap of mats that can stack in bank to 200 also make bank sortable by armours , items and other for easier access , maybe even a cross acount bank tab where could could be put to save the amount of relogging for mats armours or whatever , and make scape dolls stackable , as they end up taking up lots of space usually    , maybe also more character slots up to maybe 6 > 10  , also an increase of bag space to say 40 to  50 items in total cutting down on loot that ends up left behind , same for making unigue items like ie god bodies etc etc stack ,  these are just some that come to mind atm                              

How about not saying that we haven't added anything that benefits everyone.
/tiny_rant

I'll address what I can quickly.

- More (custom) HUD UI elements is not possible with the knowledge available of the client. Using external methods (like some overlay) would work, but I haven't programmed with DirectX or any other graphics oriented library ever.
- More on it, I don't think a bar would give you any better idea of how many mobs to kill with a bar that shows 10% increments, I don't think the "how many mobs left" is a good idea, they change a lot, would be really inaccurate. IMO It would really be a waste of time and effort when you can just open the menu, see the exp to next level and divide it by some approximated average of monster experience.

- It has been asked a lot, increase stacks, has not happened, probably won't happen. I'm really indifferent to mat stacks.

- Bank sorts automatically.

- There is the common bank, if its what you meant. Access it with the command /bank.

- There was the same scape dolls suggestion not long ago, I said that if it ever gets stackable, it definitely won't be 99 not even 30, probably 10 if it ever gets the stack. But this has to be thought carefully because 10 used inventory slots can screw you, just 1 slot won't.

- Personally, I see no improvement in having more than 4 slots in one account, for more slots to work you have to swap them server side (there is no way to add more to the character selection in the client). About swapping the slots server side. you would have to trigger it, and that would be a launcher option, but I already added an account_info_saving feature which you can use to quickly change account information. This way you get more common banks too.

- Can not increase the inventory (or bank) limit. This adds a bit or management to your inventory. You gotta pick up the right things.
Even if we could, I don't think we would make a bottomless inventory. Just grab grab grab... although could be nice is not as "funny" as checking if a weapon has better stats than other to decide which one to keep.

- Only tools can get stacked (if we set them), weapons, frames, barriers, units and mags can not.

• Like 1

Soly has a point the additions to this server already benefit all of us, including the incr. rares, higher exp rates and the fact you can utilize DTs and PDS, PDCs, to trade with other active players =p, which is in a way a tiny bit hard to come up with suggestions that aren't soo common, everyone is at a standing point and our legs wobble if we try to support too much change at a un adaptive rate, so let's be fair to our staff team and veterans, share some ideas good bad, ugly or just plain amusing if you will and just see what arrives out of the conclusive storm of ideas that Larva may catch eyes onto one day ^_^. * Speech on point!* Now onto my next 2 ideas! XD

1) Do we already have a in-game auto screenshot button/command to use? *I've wanted to try some fashion show stuff myself when i return to ultima lol*

2) Do we currently have a list of most common farm quests, and most common quick meseta quests? if so could i get a link to that hehe.