Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

Yes the concept is to have a sword handled like a partisan =D I don't see any issue with that since anyway infantry kinda use pertuisane and no dashi the same way.

(I would not even mention that given the supposed weight of swords in PSO, the way our characters handle it is just supernatural xD) 

So I guess that, in the right order : Larva decides if it worth it or not. If it is, it will be added to a poll (one day). People decide what weapon(s) they want to see on Ultima. Eventually something will get added after months of deliberation. Sounds cool to me.

40 minutes ago, Misombre said:

Yes the concept is to have a sword handled like a partisan =D I don't see any issue with that since anyway infantry kinda use pertuisane and no dashi the same way.

(I would not even mention that given the supposed weight of swords in PSO, the way our characters handle it is just supernatural xD) 

So I guess that, in the right order : Larva decides if it worth it or not. If it is, it will be added to a poll (one day). People decide what weapon(s) they want to see on Ultima. Eventually something will get added after months of deliberation. Sounds cool to me.

i think a sword handled like a partisan isnt possible RL or ingame ^^

try hold a sword at his cutting edge and try hit weapons (this looks unnormal and hurts for sure haha) and if its double cutting edge you would hurt yourselfe touching and hittin with that sword like an partisan x:

but still a nice idea ^~^

Edited by Nightmare2.0

33 minutes ago, Misombre said:

A quick way to test your idea out is to swap the model and texture of ultima reaper to a current sword model and texture , it helps if the person already has existing mods available due to the work involved in setting up custom stuff. I used the yungchang model and texture to replace Excalibur and the partisan model worked really well with the saber animation and I've replaced red sword model and texture with oriagito katana model and texture ,again this worked well so I know a katana skin can replace a sword skin . Looking forward to a weapons suggestion poll as I have some ideas cooking up ; )

20 minutes ago, Nightmare2.0 said:

try hold a sword at his cutting edge and try hit weapons (this looks unnormal and hurts for sure haha) and if its double cutting edge you would hurt yourselfe touching and hittin with that sword like an partisan x:

No dashi have a very long hilt. And by very, I mean veeery... So you would not handle it with a hand on the blade =)

Anyway, that's all a matter of skin. I try to send the idea behind : multitarget + unreduced blizzard.

If at the end we only get a sword handled like a sword (so no extended range) I'll be happy as well =)

1 minute ago, Misombre said:

No dashi have a very long hilt. And by very, I mean veeery... So you would not handle it with a hand on the blade =)

Anyway, that's all a matter of skin. I try to send the idea behind : multitarget + unreduced blizzard.

If at the end we only get a sword handled like a sword (so no extended range) I'll be happy as well =)

better would be a slicer ^^ more range acurater cause of sns c: and faster animation than sword

since ive usin alot of slicers i can just say its one of the best weapon class atm! c:

Indeed but slicers are not swords (aka: I don't care about having the best weapon possible, I want a close quarter combat weapon)

Slicers are ranged weapon and the animation of slicer is bothersome in many situations. The crowd control of a Slicer is lower than the one of a sword.

Since the SN glitch makes slicer super accurate on the first attack, you can just get a s-rank slicer or cutter and put blizzard on it. But you cannot just get a s-rank sword or partisan, add blizzard on it, and hope to hit anything =/ That's what I think at least and is just a theory, haven't test anything so far.

19 minutes ago, Misombre said:

Indeed but slicers are not swords (aka: I don't care about having the best weapon possible, I want a close quarter combat weapon)

Slicers are ranged weapon and the animation of slicer is bothersome in many situations. The crowd control of a Slicer is lower than the one of a sword.

Since the SN glitch makes slicer super accurate on the first attack, you can just get a s-rank slicer or cutter and put blizzard on it. But you cannot just get a s-rank sword or partisan, add blizzard on it, and hope to hit anything =/ That's what I think at least and is just a theory, haven't test anything so far.

thats not really right dude xD you wont be able to pass esp with s rank blizzard slicer/jcutter.. even with sns. also srank slicer has always 0hit so you cant make comparison to that.. and yeah to handle mobs a sword is better but to freeze mobs faster i think a slicer would be better :P

but there is still ultima sword where you can add blizzard D: and add 80 hit..

Edit: also slicer can be used on forces D: dont forget them ;p

Edited by Nightmare2.0

There already is a sword model - partisan animation weapon in the game. It's Sword of Ultima (which sucks because it only has 15 base ata). When you swing it, you put a hand on one side of the blade and smack people with the other flat side of the blade. Extended range + extra targets should be possible to do on specific weapons, ultima reaper and dark flow are partisan and sword types and have that extra range. Extra range would be very helpful for blizzard, but really, I don't think a melee blizzard weapon is the way to go. I think what we really need is to have another go at getting Frozen Faust working.

@Fyrewolf5 Frozen Faust ? Another range weapon right ? Yeah sure that's the way to go, let's make some more range weapons, that's for the best right ? Of course that's for the best because range will always have the upper hand on poor cqb weaps...

Also, am not looking for "the best performance ever". A blizzard sword will works just fine. It will sure not be op or a must have, but it will be pretty decent for humar and hunewearl (well, I do realize that cast have traps so...). It will still be more useful than Blood Sword *caught caught* hem sorry it has nothing to do with all this =P

@Nightmare2.0 I do forget them, because they don't need this. I did precise that the weapon would be only for hunters, did I ? That was for a reason.

Also, Sword of Ultima :

• ATA sucks
  • Skin is awful
  • ATA is bad as pidgeon
  • Did I already mentioned that the skin & ATA are really meh ? ^^ am sure I didn't =p

Edited by Misombre
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Misombre said:

@Fyrewolf5 Frozen Faust ? Another range weapon right ? Yeah sure that's the way to go, let's make some more range weapons, that's for the best right ? Of course that's for the best because range will always have the upper hand on poor cqb weaps...

@Nightmare2.0 I do forget them, because they don't need this. I did precise that the weapon would be only for hunters, did I ? That was for a reason.

Also, Sword of Ultima :

• ATA sucks
  • Skin is awful
  • ATA is bad as pidgeon
  • Anybody can equip it, can they ? That's no hunter weapon, that's Swiss knife
  • Did I already mentioned that the skin & ATA are really meh ? ^^ am sure I didn't =p

forces need them too! i could solo a lot of quests if i would have a 1 or multi target freezing wep ^^ thats what suck on forces.. no really freezing weapon or hell weapon ^^

i tried a lot and found a really nice setup for my force who runs through roct like ma ramar (a little bit slower) only thing i need is a ranger/cast who freezes to dont get knocked down or to make meris unable tu use their megid..

better a slicer or a gun as freezing wep than a sword.. if you want a sword.. try to get near to a meri and freeze her.. no chance ^^ also im not sure.. like saith said it one day with blizzard you need first to pass the esp and that might wont happen.. so i think a froozen shooter for forces and hunters should be make xD

@Fyrewolf5 wouldnt be a frozen faust too op? i mean you would freeze alot of enemys around ^^

and i think if you (mean ultima server) take the option to nuke as force away, they will need a little melee support.. like hell slicers (some better than s rank slicer/j-cutter)

also better balance force & hunter first^^ rangers dont need a buff atm :P

Edited by Nightmare2.0

24 minutes ago, Misombre said:

Also, am not looking for "the best performance ever". A blizzard sword will works just fine. It will sure not be op or a must have, but it will be pretty decent for humar and hunewearl (well, I do realize that cast have traps so...). It will still be more useful than Blood Sword *caught caught* hem sorry it has nothing to do with all this =P

Also, Sword of Ultima :

• ATA sucks
  • Skin is awful
  • ATA is bad as pidgeon

Yea actually it is. There is a reason people will use hell/arrest rayguns instead of a hell/arrest gladius. Hunters are allowed to use rayguns, mechguns, and slicers for a reason. Sometimes you do need range to make things work effectively. Do you want to try walking a humar up into melee range of a baranz to freeze it?

@nightmare2.0 yes, it still needs to pass an esp check which means a lot of tough enemies won't be frozen easily, and a special ata accuracy check. It's still inferior to freeze traps (neither check) and frozen shooter (only hard ata accuracy check). A non-cast will never be able to freeze merikle/mericus/gibbles/gi-gue/etc., since they can't pass the esp check (and cast chance will be quite low). No one can blizzard delbiters ever, and bringers and belras and such will also be very difficult to blizzard. Nothing will ever match up to the effectiveness of freeze traps and frozen shooter.

Edited by Fyrewolf5

Sorry guys, it seems we were not talking about the same thing since the beginning =/

You want a proper weapons adaptable and optimized, usable in most situations. You mainly seek efficiency (and that's perfectly normal). I don't.

Simplicity is enough to me, I have used Red Partisan 30 hit and it already works quite good. It is only Freeze and not Blizzard though, also the ATA is average on Red Partisan. I don't care about freezing Meriltas or Baranz, Because, Fyrewolf, yes I use guns, mechguns, slicers. I already use them way too much believe me, because like you said, this is what works the best in a lot of situation.

I do NOT want the best. Freezing Bootas, Boomas, Vulmer and other group of numerous "walkers" with a cool weapon is the only thing I want and I don't need range to do so. That's why we're not talking about the same thing. There is not much to say so I'll stop there =/

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Fyrewolf5 said:

@nightmare2.0 yes, it still needs to pass an esp check which means a lot of tough enemies won't be frozen easily, and a special ata accuracy check. It's still inferior to freeze traps (neither check) and frozen shooter (only hard ata accuracy check). A non-cast will never be able to freeze merikle/mericus/gibbles/gi-gue/etc., since they can't pass the esp check (and cast chance will be quite low). No one can blizzard delbiters ever, and bringers and belras and such will also be very difficult to blizzard. Nothing will ever match up to the effectiveness of freeze traps and frozen shooter.

Thats why i said.. we need a frozen shooter for forces and hunter ^~^ (or a gun with the same special) that would be noice and nerf the ranger a little (only a little) cause other classes can freeze then too

but its all up to larva :P but i would love to see a slicer - unreduced hell - 80 hit - 5 + targets c: +30ata xP

2 minutes ago, Misombre said:

Sorry guys, it seems we were not talking about the same thing since the beginning =/

You want a proper weapons adaptable and optimized, usable in most situations. You mainly seek efficiency (and that's perfectly normal). I don't.

Simplicity is enough to me, I have used Red Partisan 30 hit and it already works quite good. It is only Freeze and not Blizzard though, also the ATA is average on Red Partisan. I don't care about freezing Meriltas or Baranz, Because, Fyrewolf, yes I use guns, mechguns, slicers. I already use them way too much believe me, because like you said, this is what works the best in a lot of situation.

I do NOT want the best. Freezing Bootas, Boomas, Vulmer and other group of numerous "walkers" with a cool weapon is the only thing I want and I don't need range to do so. That's why we're not talking about the same thing. There is not much to say so I'll stop there =/

you dont need to freeze them to kill tose mobs xD

Edited by Nightmare2.0

No, I'm more thinking of a weapon that will let humar/huney actually be able to play in mines (and maybe help a little in spaceship and against cca sinows). Right now it's a death wish to go into mines as those classes, it's not just the scary stuff like baranz, regular sinows will murder you in groups, cananes will spin you in circles with target follow and attack you from above, and even the basic enemies don't flinch and can turn while attacking, making melee attacking and dodging very difficult.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Soly said:

You are not the only one who has suggested new weapons so I think it would be nice to compile a bunch of those suggestions and have a poll.
I'll see if I ask Larva these days to see if he would like the idea, I think maybe getting 2 new weapons out of such a poll would be nice.
Stay tuned.

Can I make some suggestions on how to do this?

Make a new topic and ask the community for their ideas for new weapons, but each post can only contain one weapon idea. After a couple weeks or so, see which weapons got the most upvotes and then make a proper poll based on those.