Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

Kind of a small deal, Not really game changing. Perhaps a banner for a character reaching level 200. It's kind of a big deal, and not something that happens everyday. Could be cool!

• Like 2

The main page mentions crack mode for the expert players as one of the special features of this server. We should either remove that line, or activate crack mode.

10 minutes ago, Midori said:

The main page mentions crack mode for the expert players as one of the special features of this server. We should either remove that line, or activate crack mode.

Noticed that also but figured it was function that used to exist. I've not been here very long.

maybe a little sound or something when someone speaks in teamchat, with like a 5 minute cooldown, or an option to keep the little blue blinky thing on until F9 is pressed

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Too Fast Tim said:

Noticed that also but figured it was function that used to exist. I've not been here very long.

It used to, I will probably will bring it back with some "on the fly" monster battle parameters changes.

1 hour ago, drdingus said:

maybe a little sound or something when someone speaks in teamchat, with like a 5 minute cooldown, or an option to keep the little blue blinky thing on until F9 is pressed

I don't think I can (easily) change the duration of the blinking icon and a sound would be too intrusive IMO.
You can just press F9 and see if there is something new.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Soly said:

It used to, I will probably will bring it back with some "on the fly" monster battle parameters changes.

That sounds fun.

• Like 2

Is it possible to change the default answer to "no" when the Tekker asks if you want to equip a weapon right away?

Seemed to be no Problem for the Black Paper Quest (which is a great change btw).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ogni-XR21 said:

Is it possible to change the default answer to "no" when the Tekker asks if you want to equip a weapon right away?

Seemed to be no Problem for the Black Paper Quest (which is a great change btw).

That's not the same as editing a quest file.
Besides, that's not the change we need, it's not a big deal to hit the down arrow to skip text and scroll down immediately. We need the tekker to actually be able to do his job properly more than 1/2304t5)(*$^&(9*$&(#)(^*7287938672987t594w87(87(*&*68739428626 times. Seriously, it takes him way too long to tekk up special+percent.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ogni-XR21 said:

It's possible although slightly different than quests.
Aka, I need to change every single language and different difficulties.

I'll probably do this some time in the future :P

• Like 1

I got a basic idea of a beautiful and useful weapon. Nothing OP, only an utility weapon that I'd love to see...

:swo: SHOUREN NO DASHI

:st0::st0::st0::st0::st0::st0::st0::st0::st0::st2::st2:

Type : Sword

ATP : 777 (since it's a utility weapon, the ATP is not needed buuut, it would still be awesome to deal decent damage in very hard and lower difficulties with that beautiful big katana, if you see what I mean)

ATA : 60

DEF: 35 (but why ?)

Special : unreduced blizzard

Skin : Shouren

Reserved to all hunters.

How to get it : either a whole new item to hunt on Crimson Assassin or an item combo made out of Shouren + POST

4uv3vo.jpgI got a katana in my body, buddy. Care to take it out ?

PS : I love that Shouren katana skin. But unless you're making Jizai out of it, no one use that poor Shouren =/

PPS : The "NO DASHI" part refers to big katanas used by japanese against cavalry =)

@Larva Please consider this one weapon, even if you have to nerf the ATP and ATA that would be fine either way. The main points are the unreduced blizzard, multitarget and shouren skin =) We hunter definitely need a beautiful yet useful sword. Too much guns out there, a little novelty doesn't hurt.

Edited by Misombre

I was just making fun of it.
I think is not possible, weapon groups share the range stats (and animations and some other stuff) so depending on which weapon group it gets it will be limited to those shared stats.

Then a basic sword is fine too. After all, if you freeze the first row, it kinda blocks the other rows behind so...

I think everything else is doable now, is it ?

(Or we could imagine a Partisan type instead of Sword, or whatever Ultima Reaper's type is. Then the extended range would work right ? And for the graphics, just have to extend the hilt of the Shouren skin along with the blade ^^ anyway no dashi had very long hilt)

Edited by Misombre

A partisan animation wouldn't make it to be handled like a sword, tho.
And all this if it gets done anyway, right now there is only one weapon in the list

You are not the only one who has suggested new weapons so I think it would be nice to compile a bunch of those suggestions and have a poll.
I'll see if I ask Larva these days to see if he would like the idea, I think maybe getting 2 new weapons out of such a poll would be nice.
Stay tuned.

• Like 2