Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

Read through the last few pages and was surprised that Cyane giving away stacks of meseta was not an "official" thing... otherwise I would have suggested a quest for that purpose, just go in, talk to some NPC, get lots of money. That would have taken the burden off of the GMs.

I really liked the idea of white weapons a few pages back. A general theme for most of my characters is white costumes so white weapons would be quite nice.

Highly unlikely but a consumable item which gives you HH like (maybe only double the droprate) conditions for an hour or so would be great. I know Happy Hours are supposed to be random and limited, but recently they have mostly been after midnight for me...

and HP bars are boring D: we want to make the game difficulter not easier xD

=o Oh that seems like a huge contradiction with the player trades and gifting items to new players going on lol, but I think I see what your saying. I've got a new set of ideas to come up with then! I think we could possible add some more options to the game I suppose if you wanted to make it harder hehe.

Option 1: Instead of happy hours, you could set it to a mode called Precision Dump, where all player's Accuracy rates is completely cut in half 50%, meaning you better have some spare TP or good bye E-z mode weapons ^_^

Option 2: Alike option 1, we could call the next mode Mind Blank, Where all player's TP is completely sealed meaning you cannot cast a single ryuker, resta, gifoie, or Reverser to save you nor your allies during a long-term boss fight.

Option 3: This option would be related to Locked quests, Soon as you enter a room it's auto locked, you cannot leave, you cannot ryuker, and once you die it's instantly shut down right there and then, any rares you had are gone, better luck next time ^_^

Option 4: Fast forward mode, All enemies movements and ability's are double'd as if they were wearing their own Centurion battle+++, good luck hit and running against something faster then the flash himself! ( this would be basically all modes = Ultimate lol)

Lastly option 5: Infection mode, While playing in any map outside of Pioneer 2, You will suffer .5% HP drain by a constant un-curable poisin mist , which in terms cannot kill you but will weaken you to the point of no return if you suffer even 1 damage in battle.

Hows that for ideas to make the game tougher? lol

Edited by rioshima
To avoid double posting.

@rioshima

1. No, you cannot increase players in a team above 4
  2. "Doable", but not gonna happen.
  3. Is that really necessary ? I'd say no, not in PSO at least. We've done perfectly well without it, and to be fair, it would add unnecessary visual pollution while playing. We could imagine that it would be an optional feature that one would activate with a command... but... it really seems too much of a hassle for nothing.

3 hours ago, rioshima said:

i know this may be impossible but would you guys be able to increase the players per game mode from 4 to 6???

Like this?

psobb_6party7aox4.jpg

• Like 2

YES Like that :D, how'd you guys make this happen btw? lol, or would this be 1 of the custom quests where'as you can use up to 2 extras (NPCs), something like Doc's Secret plan.

Edited by rioshima

I guess my question is "why?"  I mean the game is barely challenging as is, 2 extra Racasts shooting DMs around isnt really going to help.

I would like to see the difficulties scale slower.  Make ultimate start at 120 instead of 80, vh ay 80, and hard at 40.  And then shift the numbers around to fit that scale.  Normal - very hard seems underutilized as moat people only spend about 40hr (if that) in all 3 of them.  This is even more prominent when you can enter hard mode after ONE quest. 

Anyway, with that in place we could scale cca/tower/seabed more so they are more of a challenge. 

• Like 1

Good point, After a while of thinking I thought would it be possible to scale the entire game's base values enemies wise by another 80%? Then that way adding 1 or 2 more players to the lobby cap would balance out the necessities, I do see your point big time about normal- V.had being cake walk, sit for 40 minutes and train a mag to level 50-100 and boom those modes aren't much of a threat to veterans and new players alone, because of today's games involving more difficult and original challenges, I just simply thought adding more players means making bosses have more HP right?

1 hour ago, rioshima said:

I just simply thought adding more players means making bosses have more HP right?

That needs to be done anyway.  In a ttf I was part of (yesterday?) we killed vol opt before movie finished.  In my opinion that should never happen.  But I'm also for of the opinion that olga flow should take a team of 4 lvl 200's 20-30 min.  So you might say I'm an extremist in that regard.

Edited by Lemon

2 minutes ago, under9000 said:

We need a visual effect with the rare box chime, for the deaf players (Christian)

I second this idea. It would also be nice for people who just choose to have their sound off when they play, like if they want to listen to their own music or whatever. I remember Soly said something about wanting to have a red dot show up on the map to show the location of red boxes, but wasn't sure how to do it. That would be cool to have.

5 minutes ago, under9000 said:

We need a visual effect with the rare box chime, for the deaf players (Christian)

I can see it now, a banner scrolls as a rare drops for you personally 'THERE IS A RARE DROP IN YOUR ROOM THERE IS A RARE DROP IN YOUR ROOM" with non stop spam during rares

Tengo una idea, sería genial mejorar nuestro drop chart, es decir nuestro tabulario o lista de itens, la mayoría se interesa más en las armas y podemos comenzar allí, mi idea es que agregemos imagenes a las armas que estan en la lista, como en la pagina pso-world, que los mienbros interesados de nuestra comunidad te hagan capturas y se las demos a alguien del staff para que las suba

Ejemplo: http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=179&sortby=name

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have an idea, would be great to improve our drop chart, ie our tabularium or list of itens, most are more interested in weapons and we can start there, my idea is to us to add images to weapons that are on the list, as in PSO-world, the members interested in our community can make photo and give it to a staff, and he can upload it.

Example: http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=179&sortby=name

43 minutes ago, Midori said:

I second this idea. It would also be nice for people who just choose to have their sound off when they play, like if they want to listen to their own music or whatever. I remember Soly said something about wanting to have a red dot show up on the map to show the location of red boxes, but wasn't sure how to do it. That would be cool to have.

I didn't exactly said I wanted to (not that I wouldn't like it tho).

41 minutes ago, ryukin said:

I can see it now, a banner scrolls as a rare drops for you personally 'THERE IS A RARE DROP IN YOUR ROOM THERE IS A RARE DROP IN YOUR ROOM" with non stop spam during rares

I suggested a while back to Larva that instead of rolling a banner when you pick up the item, roll a banner when the item drops.
He turned it down tho.

19 minutes ago, Cross said:

I have an idea, would be great to improve our drop chart, ie our tabularium or list of itens, most are more interested in weapons and we can start there, my idea is to us to add images to weapons that are on the list, as in PSO-world, the members interested in our community can make photo and give it to a staff, and he can upload it.

I think is better to have an "item wiki" completely separated of the drop charts, where you would have a list of items and then there you could add where they drop.

The problem with pictures is that the drop table is meant to be a quick reference to where an item drops, if you add images, the tables will get cluttered and difficult to navigate, if what you mean is adding a reference to other page where you can get item information, that falls into what I said first about an item wiki.
I think the drop tables are fine with as little information as needed (as they are now).

Edited by Soly
  • Like 1

Yeah when we pick up a rare, there is a message displayed. It would be better if this message was displayed when the item drops instead of when we pick it up.

But since Larva turn it down *sigh* for whatever reason. Perhaps he just want to let the magic of "I don't know what's happening, I don't even know if it's happening but I'll have to find out by myself to be sure... *run three times around the room to be sure* Oh my god a sneaky rare just drop behind this curtain ! *happy*"

Edited by Misombre
  • Like 1