Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

In some cases you come into view of a giant rappy on ultimate, i don't know if anyone else experienced this before but, would it be possible to create other giant versions of  enemies, for instance like rare mobs displaying but rather it's just some giant Booma walking around with enhanced exp,stats and health, say an extra 50% to it's values and scaling per mode, Drops and other settings would not be altered at all since it's still the same monster, just a beefed up version who may or may not beat the living hell out of you if your unlucky lol.

(New edit to avoid double post)

In addition to the above idea, how many of you have watched the anime high school DxD, the main heroes ability was called Balance breaker ( issie's Sacred gear power), this ability was capable of scaling it's power to heights that aimed for even God destroyer levels, if not stronger, so I've a nice little idea set for this reference.

Brave Knuckle - recreated into what we call BB Knuckles.

This would be a massively ultra rare powerful fist weapon for all classes and races, but what it requires is near to impossible to obtain for it's unimaginable power.

Stats: Req: 750 strength, Str: + 1000, MST: + 100, ATA: + 155, DFP: +120, EVA: + 140, Luck: +30, Grinder: +5(max)

Special: Berserk * sacrifice HP to deal massive damage*

Descrp: A weapon made by the very scales of Saint million, the power it holds leaks from it's very core, every inch of these fist's pour out corrupted energy just waiting to dissolve whatever it touches to nothingness.

Drop Skyly,Blueful,Whitill, and yellowbronze : Saint Million (Ultimate) my suggestion

Edited by rioshima
Add more thoughts

I have never thought about it and I'm not sure how the game deals with the big rappies, it probably could be done but would require quite some time to figure it out.
The stats change can't be done on a per monster basis, sadly.

The weapon, I don't really design weapons but this seems a bit too much? Idk

Lol i know I just felt like posting that weapon idea here purely from love for an anime and this game being compressed for a while, Idea's are ideas after all heh, Although I would love to hear some custom ideas from you guys as-well, and don't hold anything back, show us how creative your brains could get!  If the stats are too wild although, there's still the factor of a group session of balancing it to fit in with Ultima's customs. I personally would love a mechgun with 99+ grinders, but that in terms would be asking for a bizaar weapon as-well, but who knows ideas and a good development team and pack of enthusiastic people can go a long way.

Speaking of that, do you guys accept ideas to update current weapon grinders? if possible that is, it's an idea I've been wanting done forever since I first touched mechguns, just seeing something +99 reminds me of the good ole rpg days.

As for the rappies Idea, I often use to think it was console limited or Ultimate, but then I ran into a giant yellow rappy here on ultima like 2 or 3 years ago, the thought comes to mind that maybe just maybe we could have some fun with this random experience =p, if it's not a random bug that is. Anyways, I'll have more random ideas when i get some sleep so get your eyes and brains ready, you started a monster and he's not stopping until his rampage is complete hehe.

I don't think we'd change current weapon grinders, but for a new weapon it could be.

The rappies have always been there, is not controlled by the server.
So the game has to be doing something to them to scale them up or choose a different (bigger) version of the rappies.
If its the former, then the same could be applied to other monsters but if its the latter, we'd be out of luck

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Soly said:

I don't think we'd change current weapon grinders, but for a new weapon it could be.

The rappies have always been there, is not controlled by the server.
So the game has to be doing something to them to scale them up or choose a different (bigger) version of the rappies.
If its the former, then the same could be applied to other monsters but if its the latter, we'd be out of luck

Dang, I was about to suggest increasing glide divine's grind from 0 to 99.

4 hours ago, cyane said:

Saw in other place they had small versions of hildbears, so it's probably possible to do it.

They moved s lot faster too

That was across all hildatorrs, so I think they just changed the monster's skl file and stats (kind of like what ultima did for ultimate).

5 hours ago, cyane said:

Saw in other place they had small versions of hildbears, so it's probably possible to do it.

They moved s lot faster too

Tiny versions of the bears exist, in some quest... I don't recall which one but I don't think they can be used.

Edited by Soly

Indeed, there is some quests where you can see and talk to tiny hildebears. But you cannot fight them. Basically it's just a npc with a resized hildebear skin.

Which is already great !

I would love to see a new quest where a Girtablulu explains the quest to you in subterranean desert, then you go on Pionner to fight black market smugglers (you would fight humanoids pretty much like in restless lion, but in pionner's environement !) and save poor baby dorphons (trapped into cages that you have to destroy or activate some switch in order to remove it). It would be kinda of an upside down quest.

12 hours ago, rioshima said:

BB Knuckles.

This would be a massively ultra rare powerful fist weapon for all classes and races, but what it requires is near to impossible to obtain for it's unimaginable power.

Stats: Req: 750 strength, Str: + 1000, MST: + 100, ATA: + 155, DFP: +120, EVA: + 140, Luck: +30, Grinder: +5(max)

Special: Berserk * sacrifice HP to deal massive damage*

That stats gain is very interesting but not really a must have. But the ATA is really good and even over the top ! That's what I like about this weapon. However, it is not enough to make it an overpowered weapon.

Actually, that would be a "fine" weapon that you could use for fun once in a while. Not a serious weapon and certainly not overpowered. But why ?

1. It's a fist => though there is not that much weapons with 1000 ATP and that BB Knuckles would be the most powerful fist in PSO, 1000 ATP is pretty weak for a fist considering that it only strikes 3 times by combo and has no crowd control at all (actually it's even the opposite, you can get surrounded very easily)
  2. Berzerk => considering that you cannot be more close quarter than when you use your fist, it is quite dangerous to use a berzerk special. A Charge one would be more suited for something that only got 1000 ATP.

Now that's only my two cents, because I didn't get to try such a weapon, but unless playing in very hard/hard/normal difficulties, I would probably end up not using such a weapon. If you want to make a great overpowered fist, give it at least decent ATP over 1500~2500

• Like 1

hehe, I have more suggestions! yes there custom weapons and server edits :D.

1) Custom weapons/items/units based on NPC skins or perhaps just re-Skins :D.

- Rico's Handgun ( 10 star), 120 ATP, 44 ATA, Req: 96 ATA, Max grinder: +12

- Sonic's Buster ( 10 star), 240 ATP, 30 ATA, Req: 280 Str, max grinder: +9

- Echidna's Daggers ( 10 star), 90 ATP, 30 ATA, Req: 233 Str, max grinder: +15

- Flowen's Rifle ( 10 star), 177 ATP, 65 ATA, Req: 100 ATA, Max grinder + 12

- Ninja's Shinobi katana ( 10 star), 285 ATP, 55 ATA, Req: 320 Str, max grinder + 15

- Guild lady's Cross ( 10 star), 88 ATP, 40 ATA, Req: 111 ATA, -10 EVA Max grinder + 20

- Twin tails Repeaters (10 star) 26 ATP, 50 ATA, Req: 106 ATA, +15 DFP max grinder + 30

- Nursery Magi-staff (10 star) 48 ATP, 44 ATA, Req: 280 MST, + 35 MST, + 10 EVA, max grinder + 12

- Principals last hope ( 11 star unit) Effect: Give off a rejuvenating aura that boosters your HP regen by a lot

- Montague's favor ( 10 star armor) * Force only* 120 DFP, 10 MST, 60 EVA, Req: Level 51

2) Sonic team quest NPCS ( Another pair of custom quest but short onez involving sonic,knuckles,tails split up between episodes) EX: Forest escape = Sonic EP 1, Spaceship Invasion = Tails EP 2, Zu on the hill = Ep 4 Knuckles ( these quests would be solo mode only, meseta reward would be 5k, and would involve the first maps of each episode of course)

3) More ways to obtain music disks! unless there's already a way to alter in-game BGM :D.

4) Does PSO Ultima have a Discord? It'd be a better way for accessing multiple voice chat channels, as-well as quicker way of interacting with people for setting up groups, sales, trades and just overall hang outs.

18 minutes ago, Misombre said:

That stats gain is very interesting but not really a must have. But the ATA is really good and even over the top ! That's what I like about this weapon. However, it is not enough to make it an overpowered weapon.

Actually, that would be a "fine" weapon that you could use for fun once in a while. Not a serious weapon and certainly not overpowered. But why ?

1. It's a fist => though there is not that much weapons with 1000 ATP and that BB Knuckles would be the most powerful fist in PSO, 1000 ATP is pretty weak for a fist considering that it only strikes 3 times by combo and has no crowd control at all (actually it's even the opposite, you can get surrounded very easily)
  2. Berzerk => considering that you cannot be more close quarter than when you use your fist, it is quite dangerous to use a berzerk special. A Charge one would be more suited for something that only got 1000 ATP.

Now that's only my two cents, because I didn't get to try such a weapon, but unless playing in very hard/hard/normal difficulties, I would probably end up not using such a weapon. If you want to make a great overpowered fist, give it at least decent ATP over 1500~2500

Yea what i at first put for that weapons stats would've been quite a quick no no lol, something along the lines of Drain for a special, 6000 ATP, 200 ATA,  233 DFP, +120 MST, +100 Luck, Str Req: 600, and max grinder would've been : +50, knowing Cyane and Soly they'd just been like that's a fantasy that'll never come true even in my dreams XD. of course this weapon would only have 1 Attack, and couldn't combo.

Edited by rioshima
Forgot something

Yeah now that's completely OP xD

Though ultimately, any change is up to Larva, and not Soly nor Cyane. But Larva would've never even consider implementing such a OP weapon xd

Now, it would be interesting to see if it would be more OP than a DF or DM. Perhaps if this weapon was made out of a PGF (Dark Finger of Vampirism... huhue) it would do better for the "difficulty to obtain" thing. But obviously, in order to implement such a thing, that would ask for too much changes here and there, and it will never happen here on Ultima I guess =/

5 hours ago, rioshima said:

4) Does PSO Ultima have a Discord? It'd be a better way for accessing multiple voice chat channels, as-well as quicker way of interacting with people for setting up groups, sales, trades and just overall hang outs.

I set up a Discord a while ago, but nothing official.

i know this may be impossible but would you guys be able to increase the players per game mode from 4 to 6??? Also, can max mag level go to 250 instead of 200 or would it have to be custom? The last idea that comes to mind is, would it be possible to add enemy hp bars??? Indicators of a floating shape or polygon which in terms changes from a bright to darker shade for example in some rpgs or action games and enemies HP bar is green when filled, but yellow when 60%, Red when 25% and Black/white when completely depleted. I guess in a way PSO never had any indicators to when a fight is actually over unless it's your own lol.

(Picture below of what HP bar would look like i guess lol, Made in MS paint =PPP I know ima epic artist!)YwtDxqh.png?1

Edited by rioshima
added a picture :D

12 minutes ago, rioshima said:

i know this may be impossible but would you guys be able to increase the players per game mode from 4 to 6??? Also, can max mag level go to 250 instead of 200 or would it have to be custom? The last idea that comes to mind is, would it be possible to add enemy hp bars??? Indicators of a floating shape or polygon which in terms changes from a bright to darker shade for example in some rpgs or action games and enemies HP bar is green when filled, but yellow when 60%, Red when 25% and Black/white when completely depleted. I guess in a way PSO never had any indicators to when a fight is actually over unless it's your own lol.

i think such things would be only nice if we get a harder difficulty :P cause atm with 4 guys you can easily rock everything if you know how to play! also i dont think theyre able to change the 4 to 6 D: (im sure its hardcoded)

and HP bars are boring D: we want to make the game difficulter not easier xD