Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

9 hours ago, El Socko said:

Soly, I can help you out. I did translate a few quests for Schthack many years ago and Claire's Deal 5 was one of them. Though I admittedly did take some "artistic license" here and there with a couple of unimportant sentences that I either couldn't quite get to grips with or were irrelevant since they were referring to Sega stuff that wasn't valid for Schthack. Lee didn't like that too much (stuff like Montague mentioning that he's smoking booma fur). Also, the text is a bit iffy in parts but it's better than nothing.

The filename this specific quest was handled with was "quest312.txt", wonder if you are using the same on Ultima. I'm attaching the file to my post so you can take a look. Please note that I left everything after entry 35808 untranslated since it was debug text that the end user wouldn't get to see anyway (I think back then Lee said not to bother with it).

quest312 translated by socks.txt

Attachments are currently broken (I can't download). But I'll check it out later.
Either way, I probably wouldn't like that either. (about getting artistic), also I'd prefer to use our own quest in case it has any change.
I know is minimal but I did fix the Next/Previous pages of Claire's item options.

Also, there is a lot more quests to translate and also other languages (ES, PT, FR, DE)
So this will take a very long time lol

Edited by Soly

If possible why not develop a new form of weaponry, Ultima's been well renowned for it's creativity and out of the box players, so why not use those brains to create more UN-seen features.

What i have to suggest would be a re-designed form of red weapons.

Call them Blanco **Spanish for White**

Blanco weapons could be a new traditional type of weapons which instead of granting massive stats, they could just be some ultra unique weapon you give to a low level alternate until it's time to play normally, instead of with style. Maybe even call them uniquely  Class-bound in a way, as for stats I've a example to mind.

Their specials would be sealed and they would have basic stats of a 2 star weapon with very high hit%. These weapons would not be grindable as they are for style alone and nothing more, although what stat bonuses they grant could become questionable, so I'll simply say each should give a medium bonus to base stat relevancy.

Ex 1)

Blanco saber: 10*star  Descr: A very uniquely designed hunters weapon, it's material is very durable yet it wields no special combat utility.

Str: +136  Req: 125

Ata: +80

Grinder : 0

Effect: This weapon grants the bearer +20 strength while equipped, although at the cost of having no special ability, is it really worth it?

Ex 2)

Blanco Wand: 10*star Descr: A very stylish wand, which gives off a silver/whitish glow from it's hilt and jewel, yet it wields no special combat utility

Mst: +30 Req: 187

Ata: + 80

Grinder: 0

Effect: This weapon grants the bearer +40 mst while equipped, although at the cost of having no special ability, is it really worth it?

Ex 3)

Blanco handgun: 10*star Descr: A humble gun, frosted and designed with many white crystals, although durable they yield no special abilities.

Str: 55

Ata: +60 Req: 86

Grinder: 0

Effect: The weapon grants the bearer +30 Eva while equipped, although at the cost of having no ability, is it really worth it?

I'll tell you.
I really like the idea but, it requires lots of planning.

Might probably look into it after we deal with a good portion of the translations. (the topic I'm really interested right now)

Edited by Soly

I guess i can't help myself, I have another idea that comes to mind, and for anyone who has played .hack G.U R:2, then you would understand the systems in place for this idea.

Custom quest - Section VR - single-player mode only.

Descr: Several guild cards have been stolen,corrupted and made illegal clones of, trace out the culprit or culprits, and re-capture the stolen IDs, before it's too late!

Quest feats: (split between all 3 episodes and or maps) 10-20 of Ultima's most well renowned characters and their weapons will be showcased as doppleganger NPCs, who the player must fight against, maybe have the players volunteer themselves using a screenshot event of some sort hosted by cyane :D.

Before they can re-claim the stolen ID's of said players from the thief,  these npcs will give you 1 hell of a fight, as if you were actually pvping the top players themselves to death.

Ex of a doppleganger: Larva, NPC level 175, weapon would be say a Stag cutlery or Chain sawd, location of NPC would be Mine 1, room 5D, standing behind locked red door. The player touches the door, the room goes dark, and the door opens, the doppleganger will not appear as a player coordinated icon, but rather a UN-detected mob, thus making the UN-suspecting main player feel actually ambushed by a stolen ID.

Target indicator would pop up as, ID Unit 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 (ect ect) instead of the players actual guild cards, so it won't become a nuisance to remember which you found/defeated. This quest would start off with all maps open, and the player must use their wits to discover, defeat and survive the onslaught of powerful doppelgangers, locations and characters should be fixed as-well, thus making this quest a possible early strategized or speed run subject for the community in future discussions.

2 hours ago, rioshima said:

I guess i can't help myself, I have another idea that comes to mind, and for anyone who has played .hack G.U R:2, then you would understand the systems in place for this idea.

Custom quest - Section VR - single-player mode only.

Descr: Several guild cards have been stolen,corrupted and made illegal clones of, trace out the culprit or culprits, and re-capture the stolen IDs, before it's too late!

Quest feats: (split between all 3 episodes and or maps) 10-20 of Ultima's most well renowned characters and their weapons will be showcased as doppleganger NPCs, who the player must fight against, maybe have the players volunteer themselves using a screenshot event of some sort hosted by cyane :D.

Before they can re-claim the stolen ID's of said players from the thief,  these npcs will give you 1 hell of a fight, as if you were actually pvping the top players themselves to death.

Ex of a doppleganger: Larva, NPC level 175, weapon would be say a Stag cutlery or Chain sawd, location of NPC would be Mine 1, room 5D, standing behind locked red door. The player touches the door, the room goes dark, and the door opens, the doppleganger will not appear as a player coordinated icon, but rather a UN-detected mob, thus making the UN-suspecting main player feel actually ambushed by a stolen ID.

Target indicator would pop up as, ID Unit 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 (ect ect) instead of the players actual guild cards, so it won't become a nuisance to remember which you found/defeated. This quest would start off with all maps open, and the player must use their wits to discover, defeat and survive the onslaught of powerful doppelgangers, locations and characters should be fixed as-well, thus making this quest a possible early strategized or speed run subject for the community in future discussions.

This sounds really cool actually.  But it'd have to be 3 quests since pso loads maps funny.  I don't think the map thing is possible, but I'd have to play with npc's some first to know for sure.  Here are your options (I personally hope you pick option 2):

My custom quest shop is here.  I'll make the quest for you however you want, but you'll have to pay me.

Or if you're feeling adventurous here's a guide on how to make it yourself. If you pick this option, feel free to PM me or r-78.  I know that I'd be more than happy to answer any questions you find you have.

Or i might just pick this up to make anyway if I find time.

Edited by Lemon
  • Like 1

The idea is pretty good.
Lemon already said, we cannot have multiple episodes in the same quest (at least not in a safe way), but it would be better separating the quests, making it even better.

I don't think we can just drop any character we want into quests. NPCs have fixed appearance afaik
The weapon might not be easy either.

Anyway, nice idea.

• Like 1

Hmm, i usually aim for very difficult ideas to create, which makes them all the better read, and as for the options above, I really do not like taking up others time for anything unless its beneficial, if i have to pay for the quest to be made then that's no problem at all, my current financial status is stable enough to fit anything under 150 USD.

As for split quests, designs and idea, I suppose a sub-ideal for it could be replaced in this way.

Think of time attack - break up the quests into each episode, with the same formula of advancement, but having 3 or 4 set npcs instead with weapons chosen by the community to fight against ( from common known npcs, or use Bernie, Ella, Cel, and Kireek), this way it saves the headache of designing a in-detail clone of a player, but still gives the community involvement in it's design as-well as keeping the quest a challenge.

As for Blanco weapons, if it's too heavy a project we could simply settle for a saber that all classes can use, but this would be called the Omni Blanco Saber ( All white saber)

Keeping the same design as the above, * hopefully not asking for too much* this Omni saber would work like a God ability, which is a weapon rather then a unit, I've had a second thought on what it's special would be as-well, perhaps we could have the Omni Blanco Saber's special be Arrest or weaker, for a paralysis effect, to make it a utility for all classes. Although this would in term make this weapon a 12 star instead of 10 star, new grinder in thought would cap at 50.

New stats for it will be

Str Req: 222

Str: +177, Mst: +33, Ata: +66, Eva: +60, Luck: +11, DFP: +33

Max grinder: +50

Special: Arrest ( Chance to paralysis on hit)

Descr: A blade created by only the most powerful of materials ever found on Ragol, it's said to contain a power so great it could render even the strongest of foe's crippled.

Also! I'll gladly pay for both ideas to be developed if it is necessary...

I don't think Lemon meant money lol, read his shop stuff.

As for developing the ideas, the weapons is easy but a bit tedious to create every single one, the quest on the other hand is quite some time investment there.

Oh okay, i fully understand now ^_^, I find myself enjoying this discussion alot nonetheless. Well back to watching netflix heh, good night and I'll keep the ideas coming, I've almost 10 years worth to speak up, psobb 1 of my all time favorite sega games ever.