Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

i hope my previous post doesnt go unoticed since it's the last of the previous page but to add on to that, is there a way to limit that to something like ultimate for the trimates trifluids? Or is it if you take 2 spells out in place for it it's on all difficulties? Point being make it ultimate only if that's possible since no one in ult is going to buy spells since they can just find way better ones. 

• Like 1

On 7/5/2016 at 0:18 AM, ryukin said:

A simple change that's not game changing like most people keep suggesting, to move the "No more questions." option to the top of the list in DDBP2 http://imgur.com/7uCxbTG

I can make the change when I get home, but it's up to the staff if they want to implement it.  "Should" be as easy as swapping 2 numbers in a switch_jmp call.

EDIT:

Well.. I found the lines, but I don't think uploading a Japanese quest that'd need to be translated to fix 2 lines is worth it.  So here are the 2 lines and what I changed.

// On this line I reordered the text, The last one was 'no more questions' or something akin to that
612		40:     list R150, 'これ以上質問はない<cr>「スリル」について<cr>「ゲームモード」について<cr>「戦闘エリア」について<cr>どうしてフォトンクリスタルを集めているのか<cr>'
			// This line is what determines which function is called for which selection.  Need to move the last one first to look like this
613        		switch_jmp R150, 5:37:57:76:107:25

If someone sends me the english version of the quest I can make these edits, or whoever already has it can make them themselves.

Edited by Lemon
Here you go
  • Like 2

On 7/5/2016 at 6:28 AM, Lemon said:

I can make the change when I get home, but it's up to the staff if they want to implement it.  "Should" be as easy as swapping 2 numbers in a switch_jmp call.

EDIT:

Well.. I found the lines, but I don't think uploading a Japanese quest that'd need to be translated to fix 2 lines is worth it.  So here are the 2 lines and what I changed.

If someone sends me the english version of the quest I can make these edits, or whoever already has it can make them themselves.

I haven't done this, and was about to but.
"No more questions" as the first answer seems a little weird to me, specially after being asked "Do you have any questions I have not heard of?"
I guess I could change the dialog to something more like, "No, I'm good" or something like that.

Suggestions?

16 minutes ago, Colorado Wilson said:

Unlock mr combo?

lol

1 minute ago, Soly said:

I haven't done this, and was about to but.
"No more questions" as the first answer seems a little weird to me, specially after being asked "Do you have any questions I have not heard of?"
I guess I could change the dialog to something more like, "No, I'm good" or something like that.

Suggestions?

lol

Take that as a no lol?

Ehh idk.. first definitely not, second too rude and third doesn't really play well with what "we" were asked.

I think i'll just do a plain No, and be done with it.

• Like 1

Well the minimum syntaxic would be : No, I don't

And then you're done with it =)

I've always learned that answering just yes or no in English was impolite and incorrect. But well, am just a foreigner so...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, yanvbraz said:

Would be good to have a translated version of Dr. Montague dialogues on Claire Deal 5. It is a pain to understand what are the options when trying to increase hit on weapons made from enemy parts.

edit: also, I would like to suggest a command improvement. About the "/lobby" command, would be possible to make a "/lobby x" command, where x is the lobby number you would like to get teleported to? If you don't specific the number of lobby, it will just teleport you to the previous lobby you were online, just like the command everyone knows.

Just select the second option and you are done.
Translated versions of quests is something I have on the the list to do, same with the free roam map scripts.
But it takes time, Nightmare has been helping with German unitxt.
We'll get to it.

I actually like the idea.
I'll see if I can do something about it tomorrow.

• Like 1

Soly, I can help you out. I did translate a few quests for Schthack many years ago and Claire's Deal 5 was one of them. Though I admittedly did take some "artistic license" here and there with a couple of unimportant sentences that I either couldn't quite get to grips with or were irrelevant since they were referring to Sega stuff that wasn't valid for Schthack. Lee didn't like that too much (stuff like Montague mentioning that he's smoking booma fur). Also, the text is a bit iffy in parts but it's better than nothing.

The filename this specific quest was handled with was "quest312.txt", wonder if you are using the same on Ultima. I'm attaching the file to my post so you can take a look. Please note that I left everything after entry 35808 untranslated since it was debug text that the end user wouldn't get to see anyway (I think back then Lee said not to bother with it).

quest312 translated by socks.txt

1 hour ago, El Socko said:

Soly, I can help you out. I did translate a few quests for Schthack many years ago and Claire's Deal 5 was one of them. Though I admittedly did take some "artistic license" here and there with a couple of unimportant sentences that I either couldn't quite get to grips with or were irrelevant since they were referring to Sega stuff that wasn't valid for Schthack. Lee didn't like that too much (stuff like Montague mentioning that he's smoking booma fur). Also, the text is a bit iffy in parts but it's better than nothing.

The filename this specific quest was handled with was "quest312.txt", wonder if you are using the same on Ultima. I'm attaching the file to my post so you can take a look. Please note that I left everything after entry 35808 untranslated since it was debug text that the end user wouldn't get to see anyway (I think back then Lee said not to bother with it).

quest312 translated by socks.txt

aww but i want to know that he smokes booma fur! That's so awesome!