Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

It's all good, don't worry... (but this has happened before lol)

It is kinda a mess atm... I'll see if I can get some stuff going to help with it and also the leader-boards when I get them rolling... have quite some millions of mobs dead there already..

I have spent the last days doing 2 things.

Porting the patch server to a new language (C#)

Rewriting the patch server in C (the original language), because I thought of improving it's structure after writing it in C#

It has been a bit demanding and reading stuff all around, I'll do with the rest of the servers (login and ship) soon (not in 3 days like the patch tho)... and hopefully we'll see some performance improvements and stuff.

The patch server, I think already got better but since people don't really use it much (as in patch lots of files constantly) it won't be noticed.

Edited by Soly
  • Like 1

The following is not about server improvement, just a few ideas I had about a funny set of items :

Gee's beer (consumable)

Description : `Real crops, real gee... get real yourself !`

Effects : add confus status on yourself (normal duration)

Mericarol's Liquor (consumable)

Description : `Will make you deeead druuunk... or maybe just dead who knows, gotta try it...`

Effects : add confus status on yourself (long duration)

DRUNKEN STYLE SPIRIT (unit)

Description : `If there is martial arts and alcohols, why not both together ?`

Effects : + <insert ridiculous amount> ATP + <same here> ATA

Prerequisite : when confus only

DARK WINE (weapon type sword, skin would be a big old wood barrel)

Description : `Share the fun, there ain't no reason you'd be the only one drunk, ain't it ?`

Stats : 1-777 ATP (or anything with a big ridiculous range), 0 ATA

Killcount : this weapon would not be sealed but have an useless killcount anyway so that it could only have two stats and you could see how much you've killed with it (keeping in mind that it will be reset after 30 k +)

When confus only : special is the one of DF except that it can also confus opponents (gotta imagine a big barrel throwing wine everywhere...)

I was going to add an armor and perhaps a shield, and then I remembered about FTD.

So the main idea is to fight while being confus and get stronger because of that. It's stupid and inefficient and certainly fun =D

I don't think any of the "inflict status on yourself" would work without some "heavy" client modifications.

Same for "custom" kill-counters, they are already defined and cant do much about it.

Not sure if DF wave and confusion would work together either (definitely not an activation based on your status effects)

Edited by Soly

:onion88: That's why that's just some random ideas

I didn't share it because I want it implemented (thought that could be fun for an october feast event xd) but more for the heck of it.

Anyway I pushed and forced the traits, is that even possible to just make an item activation depend on confusion ? I doubt. Pso is quite rigid, isn't it ? ^^

the makin of an item like v101 but with the speed of cent/battle think the same stats on v101 just the extra speed

@vixard

Hum, am gonna speak for the devil but I don't see why =/

Centurion/Battle give so much speed that the least we can expect from it is to not have any other bonus.

I see that as a compromise, less speed more stats (v101), or a lot of speed but no stat (c/b).

By the way 40 % attack speed is already plenty.

needa make da v803 in item name alone and set equip state to lower casting delay/animation (animation cancel?) when equipped.. almost as if you were a... wizar- HAAAAAAAAAAAACKER

wink~

Edited by Berrymilk

make Dark bridge worth to be a Dark Weapon :D it would be nice if it boosts grants by 100% and could free spell with the special attack lvl30 megids (combo unlocked), so the DB would be worth to call it a DW D:

EDIT: (if its possible)

Edited by Nightmare2.0
  • Like 1

make Dark bridge worth to be a Dark Weapon :D it would be nice if it boosts grants by 100% and could free spell with the special attack lvl30 megids (combo unlocked), so the DB would be worth to call it a DW D:

EDIT: (if its possible)

That sounds so awesome lol.

I would even say : remove PB from existence.

It is not normal than DB need improvement at all in the first place. Does DF or DM have an upgrade with POST ? Nop. They already worth it.

DB should basically be better without any addition on top of it.

It is not normal that people says things such as : "PW is already strong enough, if you get it, you barely need DB or PB for you will not see many difference".

What am trying to say is that all those bonus should already be in Dark bridge. This weapon should be final, not upgradable (not that I have a problem with post but... the logic of enhancing only one of the final weapons is just bad)

Now my stupidly good ideas to improve DB are things that are most likely impossible to do right now so I will just spare you and keep my spit.

About POST, make more weapons/stuff which could be upgraded with it.

Not big upgrade, just simple upgrade such as build-in ATA bonus or better special (devil -> demon)

Stupid combinaison ideas :

Imperial Pick + POST => special become unreduced demon

Bamboo Spear + POST => 255 - 355 ATP and 40 ATA

Murasame + POST => special become hell

Raikiri + POST => malus disappear and 950-1100 ATP (keep in mind this is a katana so... that much atp is fine really)

Daylight Scar + POST => add a +30 ATA bonus

Nei's Claw + POST => 1400-1700 ATP (this is a claw so...)

Mass of Adaman + POST => gibarta + 350 % damage or good freezing odds

Asuka + POST => special become a lv 20-25 rafoie

etc.

Some of those ideas are not possible to do right now, some are stupid, some are useless, so take it as it is : ideas.

Edited by Misombre
  • Like 2

na dont remove psybridge even if its not much but its better than pwand anyway, and i would miss it :c

EDIT:

Psycho Wand

-TP costs decreases by 50%

-full TP cost will be taken from HP

- 45% boost in all RA-Techs

-ATP 395-400

-ATA 55

-DFP 50

Psycho Bridge

-TP costs decreases by 50%

-full TP cost will be taken from HP

- 85 boost in razonde & rafoie | 95% boost in Rabarta

-ATP 600

-ATA 65

-EVP - 80

-HP +100

i think it is worth it :3

Edited by Nightmare2.0
  • Like 1

Ya don't get it.

I was saying that DB should be PB.

PB has no reason to be.

DB should already be buffed the right way.

The way things are right now, it would be like saying :

Dark Flow got ATP and ATA but no special

Use a POST on Dark Flow (to make Psycho Flow xD) and you get a special ! Yeah...