Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

@Auroboro Very true, but that doesn't mean that one "sin" done must allow for even more "sins" (I just don't know how to call that, forgive my ignorance)

Most new players (and perhaps even some old ones) don't even know what pso story is. Not that it matters, but it's a part of "pso magic" and nostalgia as well.

There is such effervescence going on online : one must to exp fast, get it all (items) and then... then... Well, people are perpetually in concurrence, trying to be at the best since the very beginning...

At a point, it became hard to close your eyes, take a deep breath and let all the pressure go. You don't Need to exp, you don't Need to hunt item. And it's hard to get over that. Exp and items are a "plus" and can help to set long term goals.

There is a good amount of discovery/learning/interaction which is part of pso soul, and that people forget. Not being able to slooow dooown, to take the time and enjoy...

Sincerely I try to think like that every often in a while, but, to me, I succeed too infrequently...

Being able to forget about efficiency/yield and just thinking "let's do that it seems fun" or "let's try that I never did it".

So don't mind too much this post, the main purpose was to help myself (and perhaps some other people) to look back on my pso experience and to change my way of gaming...

I feel you perfectly, it just makes me sad that more and more people are willing to buy these items more than they are to hunt them themselves and get them for free.

Remove the dts system and allow players to only donate for the sake of the server instead of making it a P2W server.

@makaveli

Completely with you on this one. But also make it possible to add hit through quest/NPC with PDs.

PD and PS (Photon Sphere, yes it had become useless here so some people may not know what PS means) shoud be the only currency on pso, along with trading items of course.

• Like 2

Then let me use my 351 dts before you remove the system, thanks.

@makaveli

Completely with you on this one. But also make it possible to add hit through quest/NPC with PDs.

PD and PS (Photon Sphere, yes it had become useless here so some people may not know what PS means) shoud be the only currency on pso, along with trading items of course.

I like this idea very much

Then let me use my 351 dts before you remove the system, thanks.

well, let everyone use remaining dts ofc.

I think that in order to motivate people to still donate, a rewarding system shoud indeed be set-up (ID/character name change, mats reset, slot transfert or I dunno...). However, it should not be about getting pds, sphering or adding hit.

I like the idea of Colorado Wilson to let people get some basic stuff for the "jump start thing". That's a way like another to "motivate" for donating. But it should not be very rare stuff (that could be easily exchange for a lot of pd), nor unsealed stuff (like adept or excal). Also like Wilson said, DT should not be trade-able.

Back on topic ("ideas to improve the server"), I'd like to give my two cents :

- A new quest and a/some cool NPC which allow you at the end to put hit on weapons in exchange of PD. That's a thing I would really look forward because in my opinion that is completely the pso spirit.

- Another quest with lots of very random enemies (I dunno if it's possible to put a canadine in forest or a hidelbear in ruins but...) to kill and warps between different areas (cave 3 -> ruins 2 -> forest 1 -> mine 2 -> etc), which allow you at the end of the quest to enhance your weapons, armors and shields stats.

Most items in pso have a range of stats, when you find them they can be min, mid or max right ? Well imagine you got that RR and you're just bored to farm again and over again TTF. Now you could just farm this new quest and each time you complete it your RR would gain +1 def +1 evp (of course would not go over the max).

But I realize that those ideas would require a lot of works to set up so...

I did think about those ideas because of the "get rid of DTs" thing. Since monsters have more EVP on Ultima, hit should still be obtainable, so why not in a way such as sphering has been set up.

And I heard recently that it was possible to max out a RR stats by redeeming 10 dts or so. Why not have a quest for any items ?

Therefore those are transitional ideas to move on a DTs free server.

Edited by Misombre

- Another quest with lots of very random enemies (I dunno if it's possible to put a canadine in forest or a hidelbear in ruins but...) to kill and warps between different areas (cave 3 -> ruins 2 -> forest 1 -> mine 2 -> etc)

It is not possable to mix enemies between areas. It is possable to jump episodes however, and randomly ordered areas are (hard but) possable.

If i felt it had any chance of actually getting on the server, i'd make the quest. But i'm still waiting for my last 40hrs of work to go up, and probably won't waste more of my time until then.

Edited by Lemon

Honestly if they just removed the ability to transfer DTs between players and had a quest where you could exchange PDs for hit on weapons I think that would be good enough. Most things on the donation list aren't really worth donating for even though there are a couple of useful things here and there. I think people would still donate, but it wouldn't be out of hand the way it is now.

I don't know if that's realistic though. I'm sure they make quite a bit of money with the way things are now, and they wouldn't wanna see that revenue decrease just because that's what the players want.

I also don't see the population of this server going down too much unless a new/better server comes out where you can transfer your gear over from this one. Ultima does a lot of things correct though and it would be difficult to imagine a server better than this that doesn't just copy all the good things Ultima does :P

Also now that I think about it, I would like to see a new unit for hunters :

CQB Expertise

Only works with : sabers, sword, daggers, double saber, twin swords

+100-150 ATP over max (so does not count for equipment prerequisite)

Then would need to be unsealed : every 2000 kills with one of the allowed weapon type, it would unlock a +1 ATA bonus (above max of course). Max bonus would be + 30-35 ATA (above max again)

If the progressive unsealing is not doable in pso (since there is no item working like that it's most likely the case), then it would be a 70 000 kills item to unseal to get the +30-35 ATA at the end only.

My two cents on the matter

In my opinion, Hunters need ATA on Ultima (except perhaps hucaseal) and even RR and a 80 hit weapon, it is sometime not enough (not even to mention that it takes a lot of time and business to get one/every weapon to 80 hit). It's sad to have a great CQB weapon and to only be able to do N-H-S in order to not miss, while you will be able to H-S-S with a gun because of smartlink.

As a end game unit, CQB Expertise would eventually allow hunters to do at least H-S-S on Falz...

So even if this unit was to not give ATP at all (the +100-150 mentioned a few lines above), I personally would still use it because of the ATA.

Little story

I remember someone asking on the chat why he would play a Hunewearl ? (he was tempt and at the same time exasperate)

He had a Ramarl, so more raw ATA and barely less ATP. Knowing that ranger can basically equip Excalibur, Daylight Scar, Ultima Reaper and so on... PLUS rangers weapon of course. Well I don't want to go on a rant/argument on this, but he was at least right on one thing : rangers can make a better use of CQB weapons than Hunters (which are the one intended to use them in the first place)

Another good point is that would make a new item to unseal =) A bit of a thrill and originality ! Hem that is, if that's even doable at all.

Edited by Misombre
  • Like 1

Also now that I think about it, I would like to see a new unit for hunters :

CQB Expertise

Only works with : sabers, sword, daggers, double saber, twin swords

+100-150 ATP over max (so does not count for equipment prerequisite)

Then would need to be unsealed : every 2000 kills with one of the allowed weapon type, it would unlock a +1 ATA bonus (above max of course). Max bonus would be + 30-35 ATA (above max again)

If the progressive unsealing is not doable in pso (since there is no item working like that it's most likely the case), then it would be a 70 000 kills item to unseal to get the +30-35 ATA at the end only.

My two cents on the matter

In my opinion, Hunters need ATA on Ultima (except perhaps hucaseal) and even RR and a 80 hit weapon, it is sometime not enough (not even to mention that it takes a lot of time and business to get one/every weapon to 80 hit). It's sad to have a great CQB weapon and to only be able to do N-H-S in order to not miss, while you will be able to H-S-S with a gun because of smartlink.

As a end game unit, CQB Expertise would eventually allow hunters to do at least H-S-S on Falz...

So even if this unit was to not give ATP at all (the +100-150 mentioned a few lines above), I personally would still use it because of the ATA.

Little story

I remember someone asking on the chat why he would play a Hunewearl ? (he was tempt and at the same time exasperate)

He had a Ramarl, so more raw ATA and barely less ATP. Knowing that ranger can basically equip Excalibur, Daylight Scar, Ultima Reaper and so on... PLUS rangers weapon of course. Well I don't want to go on a rant/argument on this, but he was at least right on one thing : rangers can make a better use of CQB weapons than Hunters (which are the one intended to use them in the first place)

Another good point is that would make a new item to unseal =) A bit of a thrill and originality ! Hem that is, if that's even doable at all.

I like the idea. It would be particularly nice buff for HUmar since he can max without units. I feel like HUnewearl has a lot going for her, but it's bothersome having to use a cent/arm to max her out. I don't like leaving out V801 because even a faster J/Z and resta can make a big difference in the heat of a battle and since she needs smartlink+cent/battle and V502 (often) she usually has to leave it out. People have suggested many times that Newman characters should have 250 mat limit since they're generally considered a bit underpowered and they have trouble maxing stats while still making room for V801 (which I feel like they should have since they're supposed to cast spells). Under the impression that change isnt made, I think a nice buff/server improvement would be if Newman characters had built in V801. If you equipped one, it wouldn't affect anything, but you always got quicker spell casts even without it equipped. Edited by tru
  • Like 1

Yes it would be good for Humar, Hucast and Hunewearl since they have very low ATA. But well even a Hucaseal could have a use of it.

Personally, I don't feel the need to put a v801 on huney (even if it's a PLUS, especially for vol opt first phase) and I max out ATA with Adept + mag. So that would not be an issue to me to use CQB Expertise as 4th unit (cent/battle or v101, Centurion/Ability, Adept and switching between CQB Expertise and Smartlink). I could even think to remove cent/ability to have both smartlink and CQB expertise to avoid switching every time.

Hunewearls now have Lindcray for them. And yes Tru you're right that's a lot. Lindcray is just awesome. But, there is a but ^^

Now that I started to use Lindcray, I felt that some weapons have become obsolete, especially because of a lack of ATA. And that bores me a looot to just stick to Lindcray in situation where I would normally use DLS, by example. Yes, because with a 80 hit DLS, RR and max ATA, humar/hucast and huney cannot do more than H-H-S (and still, the H one can miss...) while Lindcray can H-S-S with 60 hit...

As a hunter, I use guns for Falz spinners and last shape, Ob Lily sometime, and in the Tower (mericarol, Ill Gill, Gibble). Plus depending on situation. Which is already a lot to me. I would like to use more true hunter weapons such as dagger type and feel that I am not losing my time (like, feeling that it would just be faster to play with guns...)

Edited by Misombre