Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

Even if a few players will take advantage of player exclusive drops by controlling 4 characters at once, I would imagine that for most players it would be a net positive. How come other PSO servers and most other MMOs in general are able to survive with this sort of drop system? It seems to work for them.

Right now if I'm in an open room and someone joins, I can't help but think "Aw shit, now I have less chance of getting rare items". How fucked up is that? How cool would it be if instead I thought "Awesome! Now I can enjoy playing with another person and also have a better chance at getting rare items."

• Like 1

Even if a few players will take advantage of player exclusive drops by controlling 4 characters at once, I would imagine that for most players it would be a net positive. How come other PSO servers and most other MMOs in general are able to survive with this sort of drop system? It seems to work for them.

Right now if I'm in an open room and someone joins, I can't help but think "Aw shit, now I have less chance of getting rare items". How fucked up is that? How cool would it be if instead I thought "Awesome! Now I can enjoy playing with another person and also have a better chance at getting rare items."

You don't know if it would just be a few players. Maybe all the players who remain on the server would be logging 4 characters at once and no one can get drops as quickly as them so everyone else leaves the server since their rares aren't worth as much and they have to work 4 times harder to be successful.

This also would be severely disadvantageous to those who like playing solo (there are a good amount of people like that on this server). That may cause even more people to quit which wouldn't have a net positive effect on the server.

This is the only MMO I've ever played and probably the only one I will play so I can't really answer your other question, but I'm pretty sure on most games you can't log in multiple characters at once, but if they stopped that function then trading between accounts would be harder. I wouldn't wanna see that feature go.

Something that I haven't seen in the whole discussion is that if we do drops for each player, the rate of those drops can be reduced. Making it not so breaking but neither leaving you without drops.

• Like 2

Don't know if someone has mentioned this, but here's my suggestion.

Event drops shouldn't always be bosses. I find it draining that most event drops are from bosses. This leads to the same quests being spammed during each event (ttf, PoD, RT etc). It would be nice to have maybe harder drop rates, but from regular enemies instead of bosses. This would lead to quests that are less frequently played to be played more often. Another suggestion would be to have a new quest developed by the time the next event rolls around that is meant for finding the drop. I realize this is a bold thing to ask, but I think it would peak many people's interest.

• Like 5

Something that I haven't seen in the whole discussion is that if we do drops for each player, the rate of those drops can be reduced. Making it not so breaking but neither leaving you without drops.

Shoutgu said it at the bottom of page 50, but generally got ignored.

That being said, i wouldnt be opposed to lower drop rates. I miss the thrill and mystery when i saw a red box. With green names and happy hour, i've almost memorized my drop chart.

that wouldnt happen, drops % will be lower if they did add it.

Ermmm.. I think I and someone else mentioned it a few pages back also

Do we really have to have such a paralyzying irrational fear of ninjas? Can't we all get along and help each other out? Even if there is the occaisional ninja it never lasts, drops can get called and word gets around fast if someone is a poor sport. On the other hand if you help people out, others are willing to help you back.

Even if we had such a drop system i would not trade 1 easier drop for a 4 chances at a smaller drop because it doesn't really add up the same.

A little unfair to say something is 'irrational' when it makes perfect sense to feel this way, and constantly be fearful/mindful of this issue. PSOBB Ultima is still part of the internet, and you can't totally trust everyone you meet on the internet either. Red Boxes ruin friendships and end teams. I've seen it happen before so to call it 'irrational' is a massive understatement. Drop thieves are an epidemic, and we'll never be rid of them entirely no matter what precautions we all take or attitude we choose to have about 'helping each other out'.

From my experience it is much better to err on the side of caution and lock games. Only play with people who agree to help you or let you have something and make sure to screen shot typed out agreements it and save chat logs.

Seems at least with enough evidence on this server these kinds of loot ninjas can be rooted out by simply getting them to agree, and if they back out or ninja the drop the mods seem to be pretty good about seeing items returned to the intended receiver.

• Like 2

In addition to ninjas, some of these drops are very time consuming to hunt multiples for you & your friends. It's more fun to hunt with someone, but if you can both solo the quest, it just draws out the time taken X2. And some items here can take 100-200 hours to find @_@

I'd sacrifice dual logging for the PSO2 drop system (maybe even without the reduced rate as people join). Then people would team up with each other for the room ID and not be punished for hunting with 4 people. I guess this way could be abused by people with multiple computers, but then we could just report people suspected of playing on 4 comps xD.

just a thought dont hurt me

• Like 8

In addition to ninjas, some of these drops are very time consuming to hunt multiples for you & your friends. It's more fun to hunt with someone, but if you can both solo the quest, it just draws out the time taken X2. And some items here can take 100-200 hours to find @_@

I'd sacrifice dual logging for the PSO2 drop system (maybe even without the reduced rate as people join). Then people would team up with each other for the room ID and not be punished for hunting with 4 people. I guess this way could be abused by people with multiple computers, but then we could just report people suspected of playing on 4 comps xD.

i support this ^^

But should it really be against the rules to use two computer?

It's an interesting idea. Even if we had a player exclusive drop system that increased the drop rate based on the number of players so the game actually encourages multiplayer, there would still be some players who would just use 4 accounts at once to be super efficient. And you can't really blame them for it, since that would become the best way to play the game. In other words, the game still wouldn't favor multiplayer; instead it would favor soloing with 4 accounts at once.

But if we made a rule banning this, making it against the rules for one person to use multiple accounts to get multiple copies of rare items, wouldn't that solve the problem?

I'm typing this while I am running 9-8 by myself with two accounts, so I can switch from Oran to Redria for Kondoryuu. But that doesn't mean I enjoy playing the game this way. I only do this because it's the best way to play the game based on the rules. I would be totally fine with using only one account and playing with other people to hunt items instead. The game would be so much more enjoyable for me.

If I actually preferred to solo, I would be playing offline PSO on my Gamecube.

• Like 4

My opinion is to let them. I couldn't care less if they feel the need to have 4 copies of the same item. If they do, and they sell them, so what? It'll just bring the prices down and make the items more accessible for new players. Ultimately, this game shouldn't be about who can have the most expensive items, but about playing and interacting with the community.

Edited by Lemon
  • Like 1

It's an interesting idea. Even if we had a player exclusive drop system that increased the drop rate based on the number of players so the game actually encourages multiplayer, there would still be some players who would just use 4 accounts at once to be super efficient. And you can't really blame them for it, since that would become the best way to play the game. In other words, the game still wouldn't favor multiplayer; instead it would favor soloing with 4 accounts at once.

But if we made a rule banning this, making it against the rules for one person to use multiple accounts to get multiple copies of rare items, wouldn't that solve the problem?

I'm typing this while I am running 9-8 by myself with two accounts, so I can switch from Oran to Redria for Kondoryuu. But that doesn't mean I enjoy playing the game this way. I only do this because it's the best way to play the game based on the rules. I would be totally fine with using only one account and playing with other people to hunt items instead. The game would be so much more enjoyable for me.

If I actually preferred to solo, I would be playing offline PSO on my Gamecube.

This is interesting. I think it would be nice to try out as long as we could still have a way to trade items between accounts. If we could transfer characters between accounts (I know this is possible; it has been discussed before http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php/topic/21831-changing-character-slots/ ), then that would solve that issue. Although implementing that would make it easier for people to sell characters (which is also against the rules I'm pretty sure). Edited by tru
  • Like 1

This is interesting. I think it would be nice to try out as long as we could still have a way to trade items between accounts. If we could transfer characters between accounts (I know this is possible; it has been discussed before http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php/topic/21831-changing-character-slots/ ), then that would solve that issue. Although implementing that would make it easier for people to sell characters (which is also against the rules I'm pretty sure).

Selling characters isn't against the rules and neither is selling accounts but the GMs do not like to entertain anything to do with it. Selling accounts for money isn't allowed but I could trade you a STA for an account with 4 200s on it as long as we both agreed and didn't do anything shady with it. Chuk was gonna put something for slot changing in the control panel where technically we could much more legitimately trade characters but that was scrapped due to something that idk about lol.

This is exactly what I'm looking for right here. To enjoy the chance to play with other people not dread it.

While I realize some people could abuse by dual or quad logging I see it like this: For the truly elusive items P-wand, Hev Pun, SJS etc. you'd have four lottery tickets instead of one. Your odds haven't been increased dramatically, it's still about getting lucky.