Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

grinders and materials why not make units to lol

Because they are "tools", that go away when you use them. Units you have them equipped (and we could say you could stack up to 4).... but well the same reason you cant put 4 red rings in your arm

One suggestion I'd make is the next new weapons you create to use the models of certain junk rares like Kaladbolg, Gae Bolg, etc. For such interestingly shaped weapons, they become obsolete very fast. New weapons that use reskinned models with better stats and specials would be pretty neat.

Also change double sabers and daggers ranges so they can hit multiple enemies on their apropriate animaters. It kinda doesn't make sense to see those blades swung in different directions only dealing damage to one nearby enemy. I figure if a sword can made to only hit one target while a saber can hit three, couldn't a double saber be made to hit enemies to the in front and behind you? Actually this is more of a fanciful musing on my part. I doubt the community would welcome that kind of overhaul, but perhaps a new event double saber with increased range wouldn't be too far fetched?

Restoring team point functionality. You've probably gotten this request for a lot, but it could still go a long way in making junk rares less groanworthy even if the points can't actually be used for anything. I mean as much as I'd like a quest where you could exchange junk rares for photon drops, that would probably wreck the economy.

i have one suggestion which i think needs real consideration since it could make a big difference to the community. I noticed when running a solomode seabed game that olga flow was not beatable (took 0 damage). After a little asking in lobby i heard that this was done on purpose for solomode to stop people for 'easy' hunts. Well i disagree and for a few reasons:

1) whats the point of solo-mode if you want to solo.

2) multimode is hard enough to play alone if you want to solo (dont want people taking your drops)

3) new players who have no gear are actually able to hunt during these events, instead of joining rooms and just waiting for the item to drop.

4) no ttf,rt or other boss quests mean that it wont exactly be easy and fast. you still have to go through each area.

5) newbie forces are unable to hunt/contribute to anything or if they want to solo it would still be hard.

I think this needs to be addressed and i would hopefully like to see some points on both sides as to why you think its good or not

• Like 1

I just meant for like storing in the bank not for using lol or maybe I misinterpret what you're saying

Because they are "tools", that go away when you use them. Units you have them equipped (and we could say you could stack up to 4).... but well the same reason you cant put 4 red rings in your arm

I don't know if it's possible, but here's a simple thing that's been bugging me a bit. Could it be possible to make a "mag feeding" game mode or something where the shop will always sell appropriate feeding items? All the mono-di-tri and sol and moon atomizers in particular. Because it's kind of a pain to be needing, say, monomates and sol atomizers but none of my low level characters have both at the same time (plus sols are semi-rare in the shop anyway) and the higher level characters can't even buy mono fluids or mates. Having to switch back and forth gets especially frustrating when you're raising several at once.

EDIT: I'm sure this one isn't possible, but would a weapon camouflage system be possible at all? PSO2 has items that reskin any weapon of that type, and in Guild Wars 2(a completely unrelated game) you can apply the skin of one item to another of the same slot. Inspired by this, I think it'd be cool if it were possible to sacrifice old weapons we have but think look cool, to turn into skins for newer, better weapons we have that might not look as cool. As someone above pointed out, some obsolete things look really awesome but there's just no reason to use them.

Edited by weedgoku

I don't know if it's possible, but here's a simple thing that's been bugging me a bit. Could it be possible to make a "mag feeding" game mode or something where the shop will always sell appropriate feeding items? All the mono-di-tri and sol and moon atomizers in particular. Because it's kind of a pain to be needing, say, monomates and sol atomizers but none of my low level characters have both at the same time (plus sols are semi-rare in the shop anyway) and the higher level characters can't even buy mono fluids or mates. Having to switch back and forth gets especially frustrating when you're raising several at once.

EDIT: I'm sure this one isn't possible, but would a weapon camouflage system be possible at all? PSO2 has items that reskin any weapon of that type, and in Guild Wars 2(a completely unrelated game) you can apply the skin of one item to another of the same slot. Inspired by this, I think it'd be cool if it were possible to sacrifice old weapons we have but think look cool, to turn into skins for newer, better weapons we have that might not look as cool. As someone above pointed out, some obsolete things look really awesome but there's just no reason to use them.

what you want to do is level a character specifically made for mag feeding to level 19-20. I believe at level 20, all three tiers of mates and fluids are buyable from the store at the same time, atomizers and sols are probably also more common around that level as well, but I'm not sure, I've never had a problem with my lv 20 mag feeders.

Also I'm pretty sure there are weapon skins online somewhere for most weapons

what you want to do is level a character specifically made for mag feeding to level 19-20. I believe at level 20, all three tiers of mates and fluids are buyable from the store at the same time, atomizers and sols are probably also more common around that level as well, but I'm not sure, I've never had a problem with my lv 20 mag feeders.

Also I'm pretty sure there are weapon skins online somewhere for most weapons

That involves taking up a character slot solely for mag feeding though, is all. As for skins, I meant so that everyone could see them. In theory you could retexture most weapons manually and it probably wouldn't look half bad, but that would require having a certain amount of know-how not just with the import/export program but with art design in general. Then once you get it all set up, it retextures all the guns, not just the one you have plus I'm not sure we can model swap on our own either.

To give a more accurate example of what my idea is, I think the Ruby Bullet is a really cool looking gun but the heaven striker is better, however I think the heaven striker looks like butt. So ideally being able to convert the Ruby Bullet into a cosmetic item to make the Heaven Striker look like a ruby bullet while otherwise acting like the striker, would be awesome. Probably impossible to implement but never hurts to suggest I guess.

Camo, not possible.

Mag feed room, the "solution" was already said, level 20-40 gets all the items you need (no at once most if not all the time). For that a new set of shops would need to be made and then maybe even modify the client to let you pick mag feed room type. I don't think is something that should be made. (I know is a pain to raise mags, I did it myself long ago).

So I have an idea concerning HH. And I'm sorry in advance if you have already gotten this a million times.

From what I have seen there is an average of 1 HH per day (going by the HH alert thread, this seems to hold pretty well as an average). But I think that it would be better to have 2 or 3 shorter (90 min or so) ones throughout the day, since it is so often that I (and I am sure many others) am asleep during HH. In fact, I don't think I've been awake for an HH in over a week. This certainly would mitigate the problem to some extent, and makes it more difficult for there to be a bias for a particular timezone.

That's basically the suggestion. Adding anything else seems unnecessary, but if you want me to elaborate just ask.

Edited by Skynub
  • Like 2

i have one suggestion which i think needs real consideration since it could make a big difference to the community. I noticed when running a solomode seabed game that olga flow was not beatable (took 0 damage). After a little asking in lobby i heard that this was done on purpose for solomode to stop people for 'easy' hunts. Well i disagree and for a few reasons:

1) whats the point of solo-mode if you want to solo.

2) multimode is hard enough to play alone if you want to solo (dont want people taking your drops)

3) new players who have no gear are actually able to hunt during these events, instead of joining rooms and just waiting for the item to drop.

4) no ttf,rt or other boss quests mean that it wont exactly be easy and fast. you still have to go through each area.

5) newbie forces are unable to hunt/contribute to anything or if they want to solo it would still be hard.

I think this needs to be addressed and i would hopefully like to see some points on both sides as to why you think its good or not

bump

• Like 2

Solo mode isn't a thing here? Seriously?

That's extremely disappointing. Maybe that's why I always had trouble fighting final bosses and never get loot from them -.-

Welp, if it isn't already clear, Solo Mode should be turned on and boss drops should be as well. it's pretty obvious as to why.

So I had another, more plausible idea, and that is more enemy part weapons/equips! I think the biggest thing against it would be general interest since most of the existing enemy weapons aren't that great. But I always thought it was kind of lame we got three booma claws but nothing from the evil shark, vulmer or Dimenian/Arlan lines. I don't think there are any enemy parts from ep4 even. Imagine a launcher made from a Zu's head or something. You could even make a sort of monster hunter week event out of it and toss in some unique boss drops for people to farm up. Maybe an olga flow barrier and matching armor to complete the set, or if you wanted to go overboard you could make units or something that would let us dress up as some of the cooler monsters/bosses even.

So I had another, more plausible idea, and that is more enemy part weapons/equips! I think the biggest thing against it would be general interest since most of the existing enemy weapons aren't that great. But I always thought it was kind of lame we got three booma claws but nothing from the evil shark, vulmer or Dimenian/Arlan lines. I don't think there are any enemy parts from ep4 even. Imagine a launcher made from a Zu's head or something. You could even make a sort of monster hunter week event out of it and toss in some unique boss drops for people to farm up. Maybe an olga flow barrier and matching armor to complete the set, or if you wanted to go overboard you could make units or something that would let us dress up as some of the cooler monsters/bosses even.

Delsaber set is not too bad. doubled ATP from buster and EVP from shield if both equipped.