Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

PGF year round starting from this Christmas event for just a year to help all the newer scthack players get their gear back and make prices more fair. I know our dark weapons are a little more powerful but Eden has it at year round at a ridiculously low rate and scthack also had it all year but at a more challenging rate, perhaps we should give it a spin? :)

I second, third, fourth and infinity this. Except...... always available with a bit of a worse drop rate maybe?

Edited by Berrymilk

I second, third, fourth and infinity this. Except...... always available with a bit of a worse drop rate maybe?

This please.

I like how the server is now

I just want to increase the mat

Usage,,, I hate I have to buy

Custom mag just to max out

My dam hucast,and still have

Two extra slot to use,, I want

3 like humar,and buff all monster

In ep1 its so dam eazy with

Max dm

I like how the server is now

I just want to increase the mat

Usage,,, I hate I have to buy

Custom mag just to max out

My dam hucast,and still have

Two extra slot to use,, I want

3 like humar,and buff all monster

In ep1 its so dam eazy with

Max dm

Well that's cause their stats are buffed so without those buffs maxing is super easy

I've seen this mentioned before, but I really liked the rare item distribution options PSU (and later Schthack) had. At the moment it's the only thing I'm missing from this server.

I main as force and this means, other than rushing in to J/Z enemies, I'm usually not at the frontline where the drops happen.

Even better would be separate drops for each team member (like they finally did in PSO2) but I guess that is an unrealistic dream. And with certain items being able to get through donation tickets I think I will be fine even without rare distribution being added.

• Like 1

Allright I have an idea : to combo unlock the belra cannon.

It is complete garbage right now, and with combo unlock it may become decent. It is a very "unique" weapon and it deserve a chance to shine :onion109:

• Like 1

Allright I have an idea : to combo unlock the belra cannon.

It is complete garbage right now, and with combo unlock it may become decent. It is a very "unique" weapon and it deserve a chance to shine :onion109:

It will be a garbage weapon either way, no matter the combo value on it. It has no atp, no ata, doesn't even increase your luck value either.

• Like 1

It would be nice to make all quests joinable. I've had it happen a few times that either the client crashed or I dc'ed some other way in the middle of a quest. Being able to get back into a game would be nice.

It will be a garbage weapon either way, no matter the combo value on it. It has no atp, no ata, doesn't even increase your luck value either.

Belra Cannon:

ATP: 400-500

ATA: 45

Max Grinder: 20

Special Attack: Allows penetration

Rianov 303SNR-5

ATP: 550

ATP: 70

Max Grind: 20

Special Attack: Hell (Supposedly)

Belra Cannon could work as weaker Rianov 5, taking in consideration that you can add hit with Photon Crystal to mob weapons it can easily be made 50 hit and turn that 45 ATA to 95, a good alternative for people hoping to get a DM, although both Rianov's and Belra's Right Arm iirc are difficult to hunt, still could be turned into an alternative to Rianov 5.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all! I'm loving what you have going on for the server especially after the fiasco of that "other" server. Anyway, I do have a suggestion and it pertains to Mags. Seeing as we get x3 EXP until 165. Would it be possible to increase how much increase in stats the Mags receive when feeding? We would level too fast and still be feeding our Mags to maximize our stats. If this has been suggested already then my apologies.

Thank you and have an awesome day.

Hello all! I'm loving what you have going on for the server especially after the fiasco of that "other" server. Anyway, I do have a suggestion and it pertains to Mags. Seeing as we get x3 EXP until 165. Would it be possible to increase how much increase in stats the Mags receive when feeding? We would level too fast and still be feeding our Mags to maximize our stats. If this has been suggested already then my apologies.

Thank you and have an awesome day.

I don't think it has been suggested before, but personally, I wouldn't do it, that would make it really easy to get kick ass characters.

Although what you say is true, but only if you keep grinding all day every day xD

• 2 weeks later...

I have a few suggestions (thread is tl;dr, if some of these ideas have already been posted, consider the reposting of them a hint that they probably are good ideas!):

- Give mats, grinders, and disks a different box color when they drop so it's easier to see what's worth grabbing when there's a ton of loot on the floor (yellow? purple? this would come in handy in WoF, where rooms full of loot are common.)

- Add the slot count to the item preview window that pops up when standing next to an armor (Something like 'Frame +4' for a 4 slot frame would work)

- Demote very low tier rares to blue/orange boxes (Ooh! What's in that red box that enemy droped? Oh, it's diska of liberator https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A)

- Modernize the item name colors (what is now yellow would become either blue or purple (or stay yellow for banner worthy rares) depending on how good said item is). This will help new players figure out how good that diska of liberator they just picked up is.

- Per-client drops like PSO2 (this will give ranged classes a decent chance to actually get good rares in public games)

- More quest chains with useful guaranteed reward items (similar to the current quest chains for Soul Eater and Rambling May)

- Add a quest chain to unlock all items (except for the rare things like scapes, grinders [come to think of it I haven't seen this on Ultima, was it removed?], and star atomizers) in the item shop (never get trolled again when desperately searching for those elusive Sol Atomizers to feed your mag)

- A public trade log (identifying info removed) would be very helpful in figuring out what things are actually worth on this server since very few threads actually show a price anywhere. Not needed if the player shop is implemented

- Make junk rares useful by giving them other functions:

1) Feed junk rares to mags. 1 full level of a stat per rare fed, HU weapons give power, RA weapons give dex, FO weapons give mind, Units give def

2) Allow multiple weapons of the same type to be combined into one with slightly higher stats (up to that weapon's max base stats) or more percents. Or maybe it will increase the grind cap by 1 (limit it obviously, I can only imagine how broken a diska of liberator +9000 would be) and reset the grind to 0.

3) Since combining wouldn't be terribly useful on force weapons, give force weapons a use command (similar to Glide, but without the 10 minute requirement) that destroys the weapon for a very powerful attack (something like a flat 2x the user's MST to all enemies within about 5-10 meters of the player) or high (at least 20) level S&D to the user (so CASTs can use S&D to an extent)

- A checkbox in the launcher to hide those cyan lines on the menu so menu mods look nicer.

- Mag feed bag. Players put items into the feed bag in the order they want to feed to the mag, and the mag will automatically eat from the bag when it gets hungry. To prevent players from using this as extra trifluid storage, items can only be deleted, not retrieved, from the feed bag. Players are also responsible to make sure they don't overfeed and miss evolutions.

- Quests with crowd objectives (like the Maximum Attack quests on SEGA's servers)

- Smaller PvP maps (the current ones are WAY too big! 4-6 rooms (not counting starting rooms) should be about right)

- PSU/PSO2 style in-game player shops to make trading easier (since both players don't need to be online at the same time).

- Allow players to mail items to eachother

Most of this isn't possible sadly or is not worth the time to be done :P However I think units should be stackable I mean we have stackable grinders and materials why not make units to lol

I have a few suggestions (thread is tl;dr, if some of these ideas have already been posted, consider the reposting of them a hint that they probably are good ideas!):

- Give mats, grinders, and disks a different box color when they drop so it's easier to see what's worth grabbing when there's a ton of loot on the floor (yellow? purple? this would come in handy in WoF, where rooms full of loot are common.)

- Add the slot count to the item preview window that pops up when standing next to an armor (Something like 'Frame +4' for a 4 slot frame would work)

- Demote very low tier rares to blue/orange boxes (Ooh! What's in that red box that enemy droped? Oh, it's diska of liberator https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A)

- Modernize the item name colors (what is now yellow would become either blue or purple (or stay yellow for banner worthy rares) depending on how good said item is). This will help new players figure out how good that diska of liberator they just picked up is.

- Per-client drops like PSO2 (this will give ranged classes a decent chance to actually get good rares in public games)

- More quest chains with useful guaranteed reward items (similar to the current quest chains for Soul Eater and Rambling May)

- Add a quest chain to unlock all items (except for the rare things like scapes, grinders [come to think of it I haven't seen this on Ultima, was it removed?], and star atomizers) in the item shop (never get trolled again when desperately searching for those elusive Sol Atomizers to feed your mag)

- A public trade log (identifying info removed) would be very helpful in figuring out what things are actually worth on this server since very few threads actually show a price anywhere. Not needed if the player shop is implemented

1) Feed junk rares to mags. 1 full level of a stat per rare fed, HU weapons give power, RA weapons give dex, FO weapons give mind, Units give def

2) Allow multiple weapons of the same type to be combined into one with slightly higher stats (up to that weapon's max base stats) or more percents. Or maybe it will increase the grind cap by 1 (limit it obviously, I can only imagine how broken a diska of liberator +9000 would be) and reset the grind to 0.

3) Since combining wouldn't be terribly useful on force weapons, give force weapons a use command (similar to Glide, but without the 10 minute requirement) that destroys the weapon for a very powerful attack (something like a flat 2x the user's MST to all enemies within about 5-10 meters of the player) or high (at least 20) level S&D to the user (so CASTs can use S&D to an extent)

- A checkbox in the launcher to hide those cyan lines on the menu so menu mods look nicer.

- Mag feed bag. Players put items into the feed bag in the order they want to feed to the mag, and the mag will automatically eat from the bag when it gets hungry. To prevent players from using this as extra trifluid storage, items can only be deleted, not retrieved, from the feed bag. Players are also responsible to make sure they don't overfeed and miss evolutions.

- Quests with crowd objectives (like the Maximum Attack quests on SEGA's servers)

- Smaller PvP maps (the current ones are WAY too big! 4-6 rooms (not counting starting rooms) should be about right)

- PSU/PSO2 style in-game player shops to make trading easier (since both players don't need to be online at the same time).

- Allow players to mail items to eachother

Sorry to be this "negative"

- Different color boxes, doubt this is possible, would need client changes most probably... which are not common
- Slots on name, refer to the previous "answer"
- Demote very low tier rares why are rares then? ... would need a lot of work on determining what is not worth to be rare.. why?
- Modernize the item name colors, afaik pso puts yellow on any rare (+9* ?)
- Per-client drops, i believe was already implemented on sodaboy's server, not sure if he plans to release to the public tho
- More quest chains, i don't think there is many people around with the capacity and willing to script quests (of any kind :wacko:)
- Quest chain to unlock all items, doubt it will happen... would make it too easy
- A public trade log, that would not show the prices either and even then people decide the price, there would be not need for such a thing
1) I think would require client changes too
2) Could be possible but then allow to merge or demote to not rares? they are useful, but the way ultima works makes them "not useful" too fast
3) Not sure on this... the weapons already have the equip menu which is replaced when you have "use", probably this would really broken
- Hide cyan, have you seen it without the lines somewhere else, it's confirmed to be the client?
- Mag feed bag. definitely not gonna happen.. the way the inventory is handled would not allow this (afaik)
- Crowd objectives, we have a few max attack not sure what you mean, more of them?
- Smaller PvP maps, idk about this, i think the free roam and maybe some quest maps would change too breaking things
- PSO2 player shops, would love to see this, probably needs tons of client changes (once again), and some database stuff too... wonder if can be done tho
- Mail items, idk if this is working and I think is only through team members... you can not send items to players offline, so the trade window is your best bet

Edited by Soly