Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

• 2 weeks later...

There have been various posts about rebalancing the drop charts in this topic, I'm not sure if I've said it before but if this ever happens, make sure to give Epsilon a reasonably good drop on every ID, outside of events of course where they may be temporarily replaced. Items that no one will use (Final Impact) or are available as rare enemy drops on other IDs (Secure Feet) really don't belong on Epsilons. What were Sega thinking?

Sorry for the double post but I have a potentially amazing idea.

I play quite a bit of MMO's, and one thing that is holding trading back in a weird (and small) way on PSObb Ultima, is meseta limits.

I propose an item called a Check.

Available in Item shops to purchase, worth 100k, 500k and 999,999 meseta.
This way you can trade meseta, store meseta, without limits.

Already have 999,999 in bank and on character?
Buy the checks, store in bank, voila. Sell the item for that amount of meseta later on when you need to.

I doubt this is really a problem for Veteran players, but I am running out of meseta already, and if I could trade and store more meseta, that'd be awesome.

Sorry for the double post but I have a potentially amazing idea.

I play quite a bit of MMO's, and one thing that is holding trading back in a weird (and small) way on PSObb Ultima, is meseta limits.

I propose an item called a Check.

Available in Item shops to purchase, worth 100k, 500k and 999,999 meseta.

This way you can trade meseta, store meseta, without limits.

Already have 999,999 in bank and on character?

Buy the checks, store in bank, voila. Sell the item for that amount of meseta later on when you need to.

I doubt this is really a problem for Veteran players, but I am running out of meseta already, and if I could trade and store more meseta, that'd be awesome.

Meseta isn't actually used for trade and stuff, if you ask around people will give you stacks

I was thinking maybe add in a /roll command to simply roll a die and put some random number between 1-100 on the screen for everyone in the party to see. Could be useful for drops that multiple people want.

EDIT: I know now this may have gone under the the thread under server development

Edited by lnk2past

Some Ultima-only items have english descriptions containing spelling/grammatical/capitalization errors. Of course I am aware some of the admins aren't native speakers, but neither am I. This isn't particularly important but would be nice if those could be fixed just for the sake of it looking more professional.

Examples (original text followed by what it should be like):

- Centurion/Battle

This unit increase your Attack Speed to 110.

This unit increases your attack speed to 110.

- Zanbeacon (itself already misspelt but this was mentioned before)

Kajex Beacon adiction

Kajex Bacon addiction

There's probably more but I do not own all of the original items.

Some text (like Cent/Battle) also has words split over two lines anywhere depending on what font you use due to a lack of word wrap. Adding the corresponding "next line" command will fix this.

• Like 2

@El socko +1

I think the "Pycho Black Crytal" shoud be "Black Psycho Crytal". My english is far from perfect, but I believe adjectives are placed before the subject in english.

Also the item description "It's a crow what i saw or was the legend of the raven" doesn't mean anything.

You should ask help from a native english speaker :3

• Like 2

PGF year round starting from this Christmas event for just a year to help all the newer scthack players get their gear back and make prices more fair. I know our dark weapons are a little more powerful but Eden has it at year round at a ridiculously low rate and scthack also had it all year but at a more challenging rate, perhaps we should give it a spin? :)

Edited by Colorado Wilson
  • Like 1

@El socko +1

I think the "Pycho Black Crytal" shoud be "Black Psycho Crytal". My english is far from perfect, but I believe adjectives are placed before the subject in english.

Also the item description "It's a crow what i saw or was the legend of the raven" doesn't mean anything.

You should ask help from a native english speaker :3

Ikr... right now i'm working on a tool to edit the unitxt_j.prs which holds all the item names and descriptions (Lee has a tool for that but i want to make my own).

Probably by then I can "fix" the unitxt and update the other languages as they currently break the names and stuff.