Quest Request

Thatguy

Ok what I'm thinking is that it would be nice if we could have a quest made in which the rewards were item tickets, I know there was an item ticket event some time ago but it would be awesome to use the items that you can get by using item tickets. I understand that there are some exclusive weapons in the Item Present quest and it would be nice to use them even if they are just gimmicks, also there are some nice mag cells which would be fun to get a hold of. So what I propose is that the quest be laid out like is something like this...

-10min time limit which you are in one room and enemies spawn in realitively large waves (maybe 20 enemies per wave? give or take a few) until you kill them all which would be 100-150 basic enemies i.e booma, boota, gibbons, etc With a final wave of 3-5 Special enemies i.e Delsabers, Astarks, Sinow Zele, etc.

-No items drop what so ever because it would turn into a quest to spam, to hunt weapons and such, which we don't want to happen.

-Only playable in Ultimate with the reward being 2 Item Tickets and maybe a small amount of meseta for your trouble (7500)

-Scape Dolls should not work, if you die you lose.

-Also if this does get made an awesome song should be playing to get you hyped up, i.e burning rangers or scatman lol

For An added challenge so you really have to work for your prize...

-make the room dark with only 1 switch that you have to stand on to keep the light on located in the center of the battle area.

-have one of those annoying freeze turret traps with high health so you dont blow it up with 1 hit located in the corners (2 in total in stage)

-Make the quest single player only, to make it really tough.

Basically its very close to the black paper deal quests except harder, because after all the prize is quite useful. Also putting Item Tickets would add to the games "economy" as some people call it, so it would be used in trade along with pds,pcs and normal trading stuff.

I think reintroducing Item Tickets back to Ultima would make many players very very happy.

Edited by Thatguy
  • Like 2

sounds awesome but depending on how many waves it sounds incredibly hard to solo without any item drops unless you are a human and manage to get a resta off so then it will be hella hard for casts but this idea sounds very good in my opinion, what items do you suggest for the tickets to be spent on?

• Like 1

sounds awesome but depending on how many waves it sounds incredibly hard to solo without any item drops unless you are a human and manage to get a resta off so then it will be hella hard for casts but this idea sounds very good in my opinion, what items do you suggest for the tickets to be spent on?

You are forgetting that casts have traps which are awesome for crowd control so i don't think casts should have too much of a problem if they are playing right. and what do you mean what should the item tickets be spent on? there is a quest in ep4 called Item present that you can exchange Item tickets for tons of different things check it out for yourself and see.

Edit: there are a few quests that don't have item drops and they are not that hard I'm talking about Realms of War and the black paper deal quests you dont get item drops but you can still survive the entire thing, but this is good constructive criticism helps make a better quest.

-----> http://www.psowiki.net/wiki/Item_Present <-----These are the things you can exchange for the Item tickets

Edited by Thatguy
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

mm i like the idea of puting the item ticket as a reward in a quest but i prefer a diferent quest idea.

something like fragmentes of memory where you run a long search and with lots of difultys and traps and labyrinths , i really like something diferent then

just kill and kill and kill monsters.

probably we can do something simliar to FoM , what you guys think?

• Like 1

mm i like the idea of puting the item ticket as a reward in a quest but i prefer a diferent quest idea.

something like fragmentes of memory where you run a long search and with lots of difultys and traps and labyrinths , i really like something diferent then

just kill and kill and kill monsters.

probably we can do something simliar to FoM , what you guys think?

We very well could, I just thought that a small room with tons of enemies swarming you just sounds like a fun challenge, don't get me wrong FoM is a challenge too but in a different way. If it gets decided to be a more Fom oriented quest then i think we should do it in episode 4, because episode 4 is really lacking on single player quests and multiplayer quests that are actually fun and rewarding. Also thanks for replying to this Larva I thought no one would ever read it T.T

• Like 2

We very well could, I just thought that a small room with tons of enemies swarming you just sounds like a fun challenge, don't get me wrong FoM is a challenge too but in a different way. If it gets decided to be a more Fom oriented quest then i think we should do it in episode 4, because episode 4 is really lacking on single player quests and multiplayer quests that are actually fun and rewarding. Also thanks for replying to this Larva I thought no one would ever read it T.T

Well episode 4 will be a good option , but still making a quest is not easy at all , you can tray yourself in the section of quest development , you can find there then needed software to create quests.

probably some day , some one took this project and make it real but to tbh i dont have time right to start diging in the Qedit software.

All right I will try to make the quest, I believe it will be a fun challenge because I have never worked with any software like this before so it will be good experience for me, and who knows I might be somewhat good at it. This quest will take me a ton of time though, because school is in for me and it makes me quite busy leaving hardly any time for fun activities or even just downtime. I hope I can make this quest exactly the way I see it in my head and I hope I am able to complete the quest so that everyone will enjoy it. If I can't complete the quest I'm sure I can find someone either here on Ultima or elsewhere to complete the quest for me. Wish me luck, I might fiddle around with the software to get used to it this weekend.

Edited by Thatguy
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...

Just an update on this, I really haven't gotten anywhere with this. I'm having a difficult time trying to get things to do what I want them to do, so I think someone else should take over the idea, because frankly I don't have the time for it. I really wish I could complete this but if I did it would be sometime in 2015 XD but yeah too many things are going on with my life and I need to get my shit together so making a quest is a little out of the question for me right now. Besides I bet there are many competent QEdit users here that could make a quest in 1/32 the time I could, after all I had no experience going into this. I tried, and I failed.

Have you checked out this thread:

It should go over most of the points you would need to know to get started, and I'm sure people would be willing to help you with specific problems you may run into while making it.

I know there is a tutorial and I know I've recieved help from I believe it was you a while back, but I just don't have the time to make the quest happen, sorry for getting everyones hopes up then crashing down upon them...