[READ THIS FIRST] Frequent bugs

I have another solution to this issue:

"Name: Game patches over and over

Cause: You're not using the online.exe or not as administrator mode

Symptoms: Your game will keep patching over and over and create a .pat file in your PSOBB root folder.

Solution: Run online.exe as administrator and/or rename the PsoBB.exe to PsoBBbackup.exe and the PsoBB.pat to PsoBB.exe"

I instaleld PSOBB on 1 netbook, 2 laptops, and a computer last night, and this happened on the netbook and the computer.

The fix? After patching over and over, cancel out, hit "Patch Download" in the menu, THEN log in. Worked like a charm both times :3

Well... that might actually work... since we actually don't know how the client works (at least me) ... a patch download without trying to log in as the option in the main menu might work... if i ever get it again.. i will give it a try for sure.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

hey can i have the patch for the item list ?Ā  i cant use the new install and im forced to use old programming

Ā 

im missing the music too but thats not too much of a problem

Ā 

UPDATE

Ā i found the line of texted i needed but i was able to copy the new programming and it ran ok sometimes i have problems with update runing in mint but this one seams to be fine Thanks for any time spent reading this

Edited by Samuel Oyler
  • 4 weeks later...

I have a problem, testerday the server was in maintenence for a while, and when i returned after it was fixed, my inventory was different. Ā I should have had three god/minds, and a devil techniuqe, but i had three elf/legs and a god/battle. Also some weapons were different?

Ā 

Any help would be great.

18 minutes ago, Onikage12 said:

I have a problem, testerday the server was in maintenence for a while, and when i returned after it was fixed, my inventory was different. Ā I should have had three god/minds, and a devil techniuqe, but i had three elf/legs and a god/battle. Also some weapons were different?

Ā 

Any help would be great.

Run the update from the launcher.Ā  You should probably always use the launcher to start the game since it auto updates.

• 5 months later...

An update for the list. Some virus scanners will not block Launcher.exe, but they will block its communication to www.ultimapsobb.com

So if adding an exclusion on your virus scanner is not fixing the issue for you, try to add www.ultimapsobb.com to the list of whitelisted sites on your visruscanner/firewall/protection software.

Tested on Bitdefender Total Security 2018

10 hours ago, Zenas said:

An update for the list. Some virus scanners will not block Launcher.exe, but they will block its communication to www.ultimapsobb.com

So if adding an exclusion on your virus scanner is not fixing the issue for you, try to add www.ultimapsobb.com to the list of whitelisted sites on your visruscanner/firewall/protection software.

Tested on Bitdefender Total Security 2018

That's true, although it still falls under antivirus/firewall whitelisting, some people might not realize that their antivirus (usually is antivirus, I know avast does) have special modules to check internet connections.

I have added a new entry below the false positive virus checks.

• Like 1
  • 3 years later...

I just recently started playing and most everything has been smooth except finishing quests.Ā  When I go to the quest giver in the ships (so far EP1&2) I am booted to the lobby and have to make a room all over again.Ā  Is this by design, I know the originals didn't do that so I'm wondering if there's a fix for it.

26 minutes ago, Starr_og said:

I just recently started playing and most everything has been smooth except finishing quests.Ā  When I go to the quest giver in the ships (so far EP1&2) I am booted to the lobby and have to make a room all over again.Ā  Is this by design, I know the originals didn't do that so I'm wondering if there's a fix for it.

this is normal and by design.

37 minutes ago, Starr_og said:

Ā I know the originals didn't do that so I'm wondering if there's a fix for it.

Ā No the originals did that as well once quests handed in lobby you go .

I think that was a offline only in vanilla. like central fire dome

Edited by ink
  • 1 year later...

I hopped back on PSO last night and played for hours with no issues, other than an over saturation of sonic magazines, now I hopped back on today and now my game's sound lags a bit and makes it sound like a buzz sound over and over. Is there a setting that causes this or is it because of specific graphic settings?

On 12/7/2022 at 7:52 PM, FelixStone93 said:

I hopped back on PSO last night and played for hours with no issues, other than an over saturation of sonic magazines, now I hopped back on today and now my game's sound lags a bit and makes it sound like a buzz sound over and over. Is there a setting that causes this or is it because of specific graphic settings?

Everywhere?
That sound issue is rather common in the start screen, I'd say... but I have never had outside of the start screen,

• Like 1