Challenge mode BUG Guidelines

Larva

Hello all! As you may have noticed, Challenge Mode has come to Eden. Currently it is up on Equestria, and should be there to stay. Since it's pretty much in beta and not entirely finished, there are a few issues with it, as outlined further below. S Rank receival has been implemented for both episodes 1 and 2 so should you complete Challenge Mode for either episode, you will be able to choose an S Rank associated with that episode. Also, you can add specials to your shiny new S Ranks via Gallon's shop (only on Equestria as well).

What we ask is that if you DO run into any issues, and they are not listed below, that you could report them in this forum. It would greatly expedite us fixing Challenge Mode fully.

Guidelines for reporting bugs:

Please report:

Location: Stage, area, and if possible, a description of the room, or a picture, etc.

Character Class: Hucast, Racaseal, etc.

Player slot: 1st player, 2nd, etc.

General nature of the bug: Just describe what the issue was, such as "I was playing through this stage and the door that should have unlocked in this room didn't unlock" or "I dropped X item and the server tried to disconnect me".

Any additional information that might help.

Please note that for newcomers to Challenge Mode, there ARE routes that are purposely incorrect, and if you take them, you can get stranded in rooms where your only option is to exit the game. I don't have a comprehensive list of the stages that have these, but the maps are up on PSO-world here for Challenge Mode for both episodes.

Current known issues:

1c2: Enemies will spawn inside of the little heat well thing in a room that recurs many times through 1c2. These enemies can be killed via normal means.

1c7: Some doors will not unlock properly, leading the user to be stuck in a room and to restart. This normally occurs in one of the waterfall rooms. WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU DO NOT PLAY 1c7 UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.

1c8: Some doors will not unlock properly, leading the user to be stuck in a room and to restart. This normally occurs in the long room with boxes on the sides repeated throughout 1c8. WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU DO NOT PLAY 1c8 UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.

1c9: Enemies will spawn inside of the large pillar in the room normally right before fighting Dark Falz, which is repeated throughout 1c9. These enemies can only be killed with a piercing special or with Forces. As such, unless you have a Force in your party, we do not recommend playing 1c9.

General bugs:

-Weapons will drop with specials like Charge and Berserk that are not supposed to drop normally. This is part of a larger issue that is being worked on.

-Weapons seem to drop with a higher set of percents than usual. Normally, This is also part of a larger issue that is being worked on.

-Weapons drop with a lower rank than is normal (ex. Saber drops in Ruins). Again, part of a larger issue.

Once the item drop issues are ironed out I will outline what should and shouldn't be dropping on each stage so that these issues can be ironed out. For the time some amount of peculiarities with drops are to be expected.

Again thank you for any help you could give us, and we hope you enjoy Challenge Mode!

Doberman.

Edited by Larva

nice to see challenge mode again.

I've just run the 1st challenge up to and including the dragon a few times and each time there were only 2 drops, both of which were fluids.

I'm assuming this comes under the "larger issue" but i just thought I'd mention it.

Keep up the good work :)

Nope, that was just a problem with the initial file I sent Larva - I sent him an update since then which he needs to apply. The drops are usually working much much better than that, at least. XD

Thanks for giving feedback though.

Edited by Choko

Nope, that was just a problem with the initial file I sent Larva - I sent him an update since then which he needs to apply. The drops are usually working much much better than that, at least. XD

Ok i apply the patch asap , will be ready today at night. thanks choko. and i guess thanks Doberman too.

i know double post....

ok after patching the ship with the update for the drops, indeed the drops worked fine. BUT.....

after playing in 1c1 and dying in Area 2, and you Retry, not quitting nor recreating the room , just retry you will start in Area 1 of course , and all boxed that you previously destroy

to obtain something in the first run, in the second run the boxes are there but it don't drop nothing, in the second run i got further in Area 2 and boxes that i didn't destroy in first run

drop items perfectly.

i didn't test any other quest.

i know double post....

ok after patching the ship with the update for the drops, indeed the drops worked fine. BUT.....

after playing in 1c1 and dying in Area 2, and you Retry, not quitting nor recreating the room , just retry you will start in Area 1 of course , and all boxed that you previously destroy

to obtain something in the first run, in the second run the boxes are there but it don't drop nothing, in the second run i got further in Area 2 and boxes that i didn't destroy in first run

drop items perfectly.

i didn't test any other quest.

It's probably an issue with the retry code I used; come to think of it I don't remember putting code in to "reset" destroyed boxes, so the server probably doesn't even know you're destroying ones that you destroyed on a previous run. Will look into it, thank you. Also, I'm working on a decent update to help get the drops working just slightly better, ie things like mechguns and partisans and such dropping where they should, and it should also have the DAR fixed for each enemy to where they drop the correct item, since right now they just draw from a pool of drops and have a DAR of 100.

Thanks again for the feedback!

Thansk for tacking the time to let us know what's going. The update seaming very promesing. Keep with your great job, we will try to help as mush we can.

hi all,

I just tried cmode with my 119 ranger (forest upto dragon) now its open beta but all the weapon drops were 6star so i couldnt use any of them.

Yes, that was an issue with a revision that I was using to test setting the weapon ranks. I've sent Choko a revised update with a bunch of other changes to the drops to get everything running a lot more smoothly. From the runs we did, drops were functioning a LOT closer to normal.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I was wondering, when will challenge mode be up again? :3

And when it's up again, we'll have to start over again?

I was halfway ep1 challenge xD

the cmode just came up and says its fully stable but i was going through it with my friend and we werent getting any xp and there were no drops period and if we used a monomate we would dc so yeaaaah

Edited by sunfire285

the cmode just came up and says its fully stable but i was going through it with my friend and we werent getting any xp and there were no drops period and if we used a monomate we would dc so yeaaaah

and scapes are bugged, switches are working though lol