Cure/paralysis not dropping

Hello to you all, I hope your PSOBB experience is enjoyable. I star this topic becasue I'd like some explanation about the greenhill/vhard/pofouilly slime's drop, supposed to be the cure/paralysis with a 7/8 chance of dropping, and ththat didn't drop during the happy hours. When you think about it, 21/8 should do, mmh? I was alone in the room, greenhill, in vhard, and I'm positive it was the happy hours, yet the red slime dropped a difluid. That's not even abnormally bad luck. Are the happy hours messing up the drops? Or is it that the Ultima server modified this drop alongside wihte a few others? Please answer me or I'll go nuts.

Friendly.

• Like 1

Hello to you all, I hope your PSOBB experience is enjoyable. I star this topic becasue I'd like some explanation about the greenhill/vhard/pofouilly slime's drop, supposed to be the cure/paralysis with a 7/8 chance of dropping, and ththat didn't drop during the happy hours. When you think about it, 21/8 should do, mmh? I was alone in the room, greenhill, in vhard, and I'm positive it was the happy hours, yet the red slime dropped a difluid. That's not even abnormally bad luck. Are the happy hours messing up the drops? Or is it that the Ultima server modified this drop alongside wihte a few others? Please answer me or I'll go nuts.

Friendly.

I think Happy hours increased drop rate messes up 1/2 and 7/8 drop rates (not exactly sure why, but it does that). The happy hour did not make it 21/8 (logically it would, but it doesn't). I think how the drop rate is actually increased glitches the number of really common drops. The server generates a number and looks it up on a table. Now the drop rate increase divides the said number, in this case by 3) (and yes, you want the roll to be as low as possible). This is what determines if you get the rare of not:

"rare_roll < rare_rate"

So if the random number is less than the rare rate you get your rare. It's probably dividing too low or something which is messing it up for the extremely common ones.

All other drops are fine (most in the game). If you want a 1/2 and 7/8 drop, don't try on happy hours, your bound to get it easily. As long as the drop rate doesn't equal 1/1 or greater you should be fine (basically 1/3 drop rates or higher).

Edited by Rika
  • Like 1

Thank uou Rika, for your nice reply. Yes, somebody told me about this now. He also told me that he never saw anyone on Ultima server with this unit item. So I retried outside the happy hours, killed 3 red slimes, and still no cure/paralysis. Maybe I fell 3 times in a row on the 1/8 chance not to get it, but the game has been mocking me long enough. In fact, I had already tried with a Greenhill friend, letting him create the room AND kill the red slimes. At the time we already thought it was abnormally bad luck. I'll just do without it, and possibly without that godamn Pwand.So I believe Ultima modified that. Why, why? Is there a single reason this has been made? (Not asking, speaking to oneself)Was the guy behind the server thinking something like :"The best weapons of the Forces are overpowered and far too easy to find (>.>), one will certainly try finding a way to prevent paralysis not to have too many headaches because of this lilies since megid is not bothersome enough, so let us just remove the normal cure/paralysis drop so he will never get it. And then he will really suffer, ha ha" <.<

Oh well... I guess I will just play normally. (Actually I might retry, if I find it, I post) ;)

• Like 1

Sacred cloth 's ya best bet, not that hard to find and prevents paralysis.

And when hunting down mil lilly's try to get high EDK aswell against megid.

And for the Pwand itself, don't use a quest I've not seen many Pwands drop in these...

:onion-head54:

It's ok. Purplenum gets sacred clothes easily thanks to a mission of this server. But thank you. Also, I reply late because I didn't dare believe thatt the pwand did'nt drop during the mssions, but after many nars (not relly relevent) and other players confirming this, pwand DOESN'T drop in the quests! Thank you for your replies. I also learned that about the red slimes, you have to kill the red as it appears before any other blue AND not let the slimes kill one another! Or else the frop will count as that of a blue slime. Unfair.

• Like 1

It's ok. Purplenum gets sacred clothes easily thanks to a mission of this server. But thank you. Also, I reply late because I didn't dare believe thatt the pwand did'nt drop during the mssions, but after many nars (not relly relevent) and other players confirming this, pwand DOESN'T drop in the quests! Thank you for your replies. I also learned that about the red slimes, you have to kill the red as it appears before any other blue AND not let the slimes kill one another! Or else the frop will count as that of a blue slime. Unfair.

I loled. Psycho Wand DOES drop from quests and there's no reason why it wouldn't drop. Keep in mind the drop rate is 1/200 something off the rare lily. Luck is luck, just cause you killed 200 rare lilys doesn't mean anything, your not guaranteed it.

I don't know about the red slime thing though. I doubt that's really the case. Then again, if I see a red slime, it's the first thing dead.

• 4 weeks later...

Friendly.

I think Happy hours increased drop rate messes up 1/2 and 7/8 drop rates (not exactly sure why, but it does that). The happy hour did not make it 21/8 (logically it would, but it doesn't). I think how the drop rate is actually increased glitches the number of really common drops. The server generates a number and looks it up on a table. Now the drop rate increase divides the said number, in this case by 3) (and yes, you want the roll to be as low as possible). This is what determines if you get the rare of not:

"rare_roll < rare_rate"

So if the random number is less than the rare rate you get your rare. It's probably dividing too low or something which is messing it up for the extremely common ones.

All other drops are fine (most in the game). If you want a 1/2 and 7/8 drop, don't try on happy hours, your bound to get it easily. As long as the drop rate doesn't equal 1/1 or greater you should be fine (basically 1/3 drop rates or higher).

Ok everything what rika said is true, this topic draw my attention , so i decide to do a quick search in the drop of the server for the cure/paralysis , and indeed the drop for the Pouilly Slime / Very Hard/ Greennil is WRONG LOL.

i don't remember if i change the drop ,i really doubt it , the drop right now is at 0% chances to drop, i dont think i did that, i think it was like this since the beginning LOL. any way im gonna fix it and the drop will be 15% chances to drop,

thanks for making this post, other ways greennill drop wouldn't be fixed XD.