Event Drop Tables

ink

Now i know the idea behind excavation for these reports are to get community involved and create games of parties .

This has been done for many years now and i feel with time changing , and those of us getting older and having more real life commitments find it hard to commit to the Excavation reporting and as seen last event had false reports.

I am suggesting that we set in stone event table and make available for only said event , thus eliminating a big time sink and allowing those of not much time to hunt the event item they want from go!

To bring the community together in events my idea is to ADD a Event item from a different event on one Id. 

Example PGF in Summer Event or have a poll from community for a Item to be added before hand . This can be hidden with perhaps a not so easy drop rate for the community to try and excavate.

This also gives those the chance to obtain a item in January, that they may have to wait until November event to drop.

• Like 6

Yeah. In addition to all the problems of not knowing drops beforehand, without Sheiky doing the drop tables event drop tables have gone completely downhill tbh. So, I 100% endorse this "I am suggesting that we set in stone event table and make available for only said event , thus eliminating a big time sink and allowing those of not much time to hunt the event item they want from go!"

Edited by Lobotomy
  • Like 2

Definitely noteworthy, having transparence on *where* and from *who* said drops can be acquired already saves a LOT of time, sure, if drop rates still have to be secreetly or something, just having the discrepancy of drops is already a big win in my books, definitely approved.

• Like 2

On 5/8/2023 at 8:16 AM, Lobotomy said:

without Sheiky doing the drop tables event drop tables have gone completely downhill tbh

This makes me sad really. There are many capable people here who could have done something similar to what was done before I built the new system. 

The way this comes off to me when I read it is since nobody is stepping up to the plate to make things more engaging, we want to take the easy way out. 

My drop table never really addressed the false reports issue anyways. Anyone can submit anything at any time and the community as a group would peer review and approve/refute submissions. It just made it easier to follow/submit/report out.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, IronSheik said:

This makes me sad really. There are many capable people here who could have done something similar to what was done before I built the new system. 

The way this comes off to me when I read it is since nobody is stepping up to the plate to make things more engaging, we want to take the easy way out. 

My drop table never really addressed the false reports issue anyways. Anyone can submit anything at any time and the community as a group would peer review and approve/refute submissions. It just made it easier to follow/submit/report out.

Personally, I'm not particularly concerned about false reports. Even with the old system and you doing the tables, I'd still prefer set drop tables. I was just stating the evident, which is that we're even worse than before xd

• Like 2

What he meant to say is that "community no longer bothers making player drop tables" should not serve as an argument for Event drop tables official release, and I agree with it. Else it would sound like "rewarding people for not willing to do that part".

That being said, I actually don't mind releasing drop tables for events if @Larva is okay with that. (Not sure about drop rates though, as it seems to always cause drama)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, R-78 said:

What he meant to say is that "community no longer bothers making player drop tables" should not serve as an argument for Event drop tables official release, and I agree with it. Else it would sound like "rewarding people for not willing to do that part".

That being said, I actually don't mind releasing drop tables for events if @Larva is okay with that. (Not sure about drop rates though, as it seems to always cause drama)

Yes I got that. And for me it's definitely a factor -or an argument- (so at this point we're just debating semantics pointlessly) in favor of change, even if it's not  the main reason -or a particularly important one- why I'd prefer set drop tables. Nonetheless, I'm glad to see that change may happen, and I won't be specially appalled if it doesn't.

I Wouldn't Care About Drop Rates. Having The Tables Would Be Enough For Me.

• Thanks 1

:rf-03: 

1 hour ago, R-78 said:

(Not sure about drop rates though, as it seems to always cause drama)

Wait :rf-13: Was there a time event drop rates were shown to public? o .o (and maybe causing a drama for how retardedly low It was In the process:rf-08: )

Meaning If, for a whole event's event drop rates, ofc :onion-head65: [and not for just certain Items, like STA :onion-head22:

• Like 1

I personally don't care about the rates, just the location of said drops already boosts morale enough to keep people engaged on hunting it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

maybe we could even have a few staple event items that are available durring "non events" so theres always something good to hunt when events are off besides red ring spread needle and lame or roct rewards. im thinking like max of 4 weps. dont know which event items should be included tho. maybe girasol since its already in multiple events

or rather, have items that are "non-event" specific. so ppl will have reason to log in when event is off. 

Edited by theancientsam
  • Like 1