New Year's Card 2023

R-78

NEW YEAR CARDS 2023

It is now possible to redeem your New Year Cards!

Some history, feel free to skip.

First of all... Thanks to everyone for not asking me everyday about NYCs, I appreciate :'D (got asked 4 times on the first day but then it was relatively calm).

Some of you may remember, I decided to make some use of NYC for the first time in 2018.

Before that, NYC were totally useless, and the only response ever given to "What are NYC used for?" was

"To wish your friends a happy new year".

Since then, I've made a different event for NYCs every year.

And every year, the NYCs became easier and easier to farm.

This was in order NOT to make it unfair between the new players and old veterans who keep saving their NYCs from previous Christmas events. And that is also the reason why I always suggested everyone to use their NYCs as long as they see an use in it, and never think that way "Okay that's cool but I'm expecting something better next year so I will save my NYCs for now".

I only did one mistake: that is the NYC drop rate on Gulgus-Gue during Christmas Event 2021.

My idea was to make NYCs farmable in every level (that does not already involve an Olga Flow) but I miscalculated the top ratio of Gulgus-Gues that you can farm in a given time.

So I had to nerf Gulgus-Gue drop rate by a 1.8 factor this year, and this is the only time NYC drop rate ever got nerfed (while all the other 9 NYC locations drop rates were slightly buffed).

I don't know if I will keep doing NYC events every year, but in any case we'll need to empty the server of them now. Making them any easier will just result in a hassle to store your hundreds of NYCs and services prices increases.

It is hard to make things balanced as it changes every year, and make it so everyone can get something cool (regarding the huge disparities between players...) instead of just the rich ones.

So back to the main subject:

For this 6th New Year Cards edition, 3 services are available.

:gem2: HIT ADDITION :gem2:

Redeem 10 NYC to add 5% hit on any of your weapons

• Cannot exceed 80% hit
  • No attributes relocation
  • Can reset any attribute to 0% if needed / wanted
  • Cannot be added to ES weapons (commonly referred as "S-rank weapons")

:gem4: SPECIAL ADDITION :gem4:

Redeem 15 NYC to add or change the Special of your choice

• Must be a weapon that has no default special
  • ES weapons are excluded
  • Only common specials can be added (no Zalure etc)

As a reminder, here are the available high tier specials:

• Hell (one hit kill)
  • Chaos (confusion)
  • Blizzard (ice element)
  • Burning (fire element)
  • Tempest (electric element)
  • Arrest (paralysis)
  • Gush (HP steal)
  • Geist (TP steal)
  • King (XP steal)
  • Demon (%HP reduction)
  • Spirit (TP sacrifice)
  • Berserk (HP sacrifice)
  • Charge (meseta sacrifice)

:gem1: SUPER RAFFLE :gem1:

It's been since the first NYC event in 2018 that we didn't do a raffle.

But unlike that one, this time there is NO LIMIT on how many NYCs you can bid into the raffle, however you are allowed only ONE REWARD MAX per person.

Spoiler
  1. 777
  2. Flerbert
  3. goDdess
  4. RocketTots
  5. Harvest
  6. JupiterDeMars
  7. SinowNeo617
  8. Crank
  9. nnorton44
  10. IronSheik
  11. coman5
  12. Light
  13. Mannyfresh
  14. Wavebuster
  15. Ender
  16. Final Pacman
  17. Tiel
  18. Zeldya
  19. sloo
  20. R-78
  21. (Jay)
  22. Cross777
  23. Omegalo
  24. Smoochum

POSSIBLE PRIZES

Spread Needle [0/0/0/0|100] (2,500+) (6) JupiterDeMars [received]
Arrest Needle [0/0/0/0|85(22) Cross777 [received]
Asteron Striker  [0/0/0/0|90] (2,750+) (12) Light [received]
Heaven Striker [0/0/0/0|90] (6,000+) - Locked
Lindcray [0/0/0/0|95] (8,000+) - Locked
Serene Swan [0/0/0/0|90] (2) Flerbert [received]
Psycho Raven [0/0/0/0|90] (6,500+) Locked

Iron Faust [0/0/0/0|90] (1,500+) (23) Omegalo [received]

Arrest Faust [0/0/0/0|95] (3,000+) (14) Wavebuster [received]

Frozen Faust [0/0/0/0|100(7) SinowNeo617 [received]

Sacred Bow [0/0/0/0|95(20) R-78 [received]

Rianov 303SNR-5 [0/0/0/0|100] (1,250+) (10) IronSheik [received]

Master Sword [0/0/0/0|95] (2,000+) (16) Final Pacman [received]
Slicer of Vengeance [0/0/0/0|95(13) Mannyfresh [received]
Dark Meteor [0/0/0/0|100] (9,500+) Locked
Dark Meteor [0/0/0/0|95] (5,500+) Locked
Dark Meteor [0/0/0/0|90] (1,750+) (4) RocketTots [received]
Dark Meteor [0/0/0/0|85(9) nnorton44 [received]
Dark Meteor [0/0/0/0|0] (19) sloo [received]
Dark Flow [0/0/0/0|100] (10,000+) Locked
Dark Flow [0/0/0/0|95] (8,500+) Locked
Dark Flow [0/0/0/0|90] (3,500+) (1) 777 [received]
Dark Flow [0/0/0/0|85(11) coman5 [received]
Dark Flow [0/0/0/0|0] (18) Zeldya [received]
Dark Bridge [0/0/0/0|95] (2,250+) (17) Tiel [received]

Frozen Shooter [0/0/0/0|90] (9,000+) Locked
Banana Cannon [0/0/0/0|95(15) Ender [received]

Kiss of Death [0/0/0/0|90] (7,000+) Locked

Sword of Ultima [0/0/0/0|95] (4,000+) (5) Harvest [received]
Ten Years Blade [0/0/0/0|85(21) (Jay) [received]
Samba's Fiesta [0/0/0/0|90] (7,500+) Locked

Slicer of Fanatic [0/0/0/0|100] (5,000+) (3) goDdess [received]
TypeME/Mech [0/0/0/0|90] (4,500+) (8) Crank [received]
SonicTeam Armor (1,000+) (24) Smoochum [received]

Parentheses mean said number must be bidden by the community for the prize to be available.

Example: Slicer of Fanatic 100h isn't a possible prize if the community bid less than 5,000 NYCs.

The total number of bidden NYCs will not be public, so it is pointless to wait and see where this gets before you bid.

Whenever you hand NYCs to us for the raffle, make sure to tell us your Forum name.

If the profile does not exist, you will not be able to claim your prize.

You will automatically get attributed a range of ticket numbers.

On March, I will roll random numbers live on Ultima official discord between 1 and the last attributed number.

The order of these numbers decides the order from which players are to pick their prize.

If a generated number lands on a player who already won something, it gets ignored.

This goes on until all rewards are depleted or there are no more participants.

You are not allowed to have other people bid your own NYCs as separate persons.

CONSOLATION PRIZES
You will receive some Donation Tickets if you bid more than 77 NYC but were not lucky enough to get any of the above rewards.
Consolation prize is calculated from the following:

DTs = ⌊(X-70)/8⌋ with X the number of NYC you bid.
Examples:

- You bid 63 NYCs, got no reward. Not eligible for consolation prize.

- You bid 524 NYCs, got no reward. Receive 56 DTs as consolation prize.

You have until February, 28th of 2023 to place bids for the raffle.

You have until October, 31st of 2023 to redeem hit or specials.

ATTENTION: All New Year Cards will get erased after these, so make sure to use ALL OF THEM.

Feel free to ask a GM (mostly Fyrewolf5 or R-78) for NYC redeems.

(Remember I'm much more responsive on Discord R-78#0078)

If you wish to redeem Donation Tickets as well, let we know so we can do all at the same time.

Do not wait for the last day to redeem your NYCs with a GM, we won't be responsible for your loss if you cannot catch a GM in the last minutes.

Any question, feel free to ask here or via PM.

Edited by R-78
All prizes distributed
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Uuuh. This is great, thanks! Best of luck to all those who will participate in the gacha :C

• Like 2

This is dirty as hell. I knew when ya'll were taking so long it was because some of us dedicated the entire event to farming nyc. I even encouraged others to do the same. double the cost as prior hit events and a black hole raffle that's only obvious purpose is to deplete nyc. Yeah we farmed too many so now you get rid of it. That's what this is and everyone knows it. On one hand yes nyc are a gift but on the other its the least you could during an event where you have to ruin Christmas in order to get pgf.

• Dislike 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, coman5 said:

This is dirty as hell. I knew when ya'll were taking so long it was because some of us dedicated the entire event to farming nyc. I even encouraged others to do the same. double the cost as prior hit events and a black hole raffle that's only obvious purpose is to deplete nyc. Yeah we farmed too many so now you get rid of it. That's what this is and everyone knows it. On one hand yes nyc are a gift but on the other its the least you could during an event where you have to ruin Christmas in order to get pgf.

I don't think you read or understand anything, people that have been around since 2018 could have 10000 nyc's themselves aka if they do any type of redeem that's worth anything they can do everything they want where as new people would be like uhh how can I get 400 nycs casually playing. Obvious purpose ? It literally says that is the purpose. Please read before angry typing your message. No one cares how long you spent farming nyc's  (as in it has no effect on this event redemption). Shiiida probably had to wait for Larva's okay to do the NYC thing she wanted and planned.

Edited by goDdess
  • Like 5
  • Dislike 1

12 minutes ago, goDdess said:

I don't think you read or understand anything, people that have been around since 2018 could have 10000 nyc's themselves aka if they do any type of redeem that's worth anything they can do everything they want where as new people would be like uhh how can I get 400 nycs casually playing. Obvious purpose ? It literally says that is the purpose. Please read before angry typing your message. No one cares how long you spent farming nyc's  (as in it has no effect on this event redemption). Shiiida probably had to wait for Larva's okay to do the NYC thing she wanted and planned.

I don't care about who has been hoarding nyc. If a player has 10,000 now then they had 8000 last year and 5000 the year before that. That's not why they made this change.  This logic is absurd. The poor benefit a lot more than the already rich players. You cannot be that naïve

• Dislike 3
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, coman5 said:

double the cost as prior hit events 

So... did you read my post?

Yes the cost "doubled", but also the cards are more than twice easier to farm than they used to be.

Shall I remind how many NYCs were redeemed on the first years?

1722 NYCs were redeemed on 2018. And that included all the years prior since it was the first NYC event.

Wanna know how many were redeemed during Christmas 2021?

More than 5,000.

And that was not even half of what dropped that year.

Technically we could as well have it "1 NYC for +80 hit".

But make NYC drop rates abysmal.

Is that what you want?

If you are going to complain about the prices, at least consider the difficulty of the drop as well if you wanna stay relevant.

and a black hole raffle that's only obvious purpose is to deplete nyc. Yeah we farmed too many so now you get rid of it. That's what this is and everyone knows it.

No one forces anyone to spend anything in the raffle.

(I guess 90 hit stuff is worthless though)

I knew when ya'll were taking so long it was because some of us dedicated the entire event to farming nyc. 

Excuse me?

The only thing I was waiting for was Larva's approval because there is a consequent priceless rewards list.

3 minutes ago, coman5 said:

If a player has 10,000 now then they had 8000 last year and 5000 the year before that.

Then good, they can add 5,000 hit to their stuff.

1 hour ago, assface said:

create another item, in order to prevent players from accumulating cards for the following year.

The problem remains, if old NYCs aren't used anymore, then what is the point to have them?

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

The most concerning thing about this is nerfing the  drop rate half way through which WE IMMEDIATELY NOTICED. Makes me wonder if they have done that in the past without saying anything.  You owned yourself pretty hard here because if 5000 were redeemed then how many will be redeemed this year? There's no way there are enough nyc in circulation for that raffle to benefit anyone but the EXACT rich players ya'll claim were benefitting too much. Unless players coordinate together most of those thresholds wont even be met to activate the raffle. How on earth do you miscalculate the number of gulgus that can be farmed? everyone has been doing the same max attack mission for years to farm these. Super duper sus. Now you're on here splaining because you know exactly how this comes off. 

• Dislike 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, coman5 said:

I knew when ya'll were taking so long it was because some of us dedicated the entire event to farming nyc. I even encouraged others to do the same.

You farmed something, and suggested other people farm the same, when you had no idea what the reward was going to be. 

• Like 5

It should be obvious he's calling out the circumstances surrounding it. Not just the event itself.

Also, do you actually change the drop rate on a year to year basis? This is definitely something we should have known about. I can only vouch this year and last year but the rates from last year to the first part of this year's event seemed the same to me. I grinded all my New Year's Card with coman5. We got to like 400 or 500 before we noticed the drop.

Save all that "can you read" crap. He acknowledged every sentence R-78 said. Some of yall are just bad at GASLIGHTING.

If a rich player already has 10 maxed yas 9k, then them getting another is diminished returns. A new player getting their first ever yas 9k max hit is a massive leap for them. 

Once again its obvious. 😒😒

Edit R-78: Next time avoid Triple Posting, thanks. There is an Edit button if you want to add more.

Edited by R-78
Merged replies
  • Dislike 1

Gosh looking at that prize list makes me drool. I only joined Ultima this month so no tickets for me. Still in the process of levelling tho so I'd not be able to make use of all these cool tools of murder. I'll wish anyone doing the raffle the best of luck tho! May RNGeezus be with you.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1