Solo player needing advice for trying to branch out to playing in parties

So... um... I've never played PSOBB with other people, but I have tried doing missions with a party in PSU over on the Clementine server. though there's a reason I haven't gone simply asking someone to join me... I'm highly nervous when it comes to asking others to join in something, on top of being a general shy person. When I DID play PSU in a party, I constantly felt like I was being carried by other players even when I was the highest level player in the party in that.

Basically, I'm stuck with this mindset of "play solo, don't bother with forming parties or you'll just slow everyone else down." and I wanna try to get out of that, but I still am being walled from just asking someone to join me in-game because of my own... well, social anxiety.

any chance i could get a little advice for trying to overcome my own problems with this stuff? I'm wanting to be able to enjoy an online multiplayer RPG the right way instead of sitting around, doing nothing but playing alone and feeling like a pure loner. I just wanna get rid of this whole social anxiety when playing games online issue.

I will admit, that does make sense, though i haven't seen anyone join my rooms when I do play. though I am also only just playing the game in short bursts right now. probably shouldn't be playing the game when I feel like I should take a bit of time to rest and relax. i nearly fell asleep just playing a mission a few minutes ago... though I do also get this vibe that some of the music in the game is capable of making me feel drowsy.

i'll likely log in later to play a few more missions once I'm not feeling tired or drowsy.

I'll be on in a little bit if you want to play and I can introduce you to some of my friends. I've played pso GC and pso BB since 2002/2005 and I still feel noob or have noob moments, and that's okay! We're all just playing the game at this point for the nostalgia and feelings we had 10-15 years ago!

Let me know! I go by Jack or Kikaider in game!

• Like 1

It’s just a video game, don’t worry about what people think. It doesn’t really matter in life. 

• Thanks 1

there is a huge gap between starting this game on ultima and the end game that can be gotten thru much quicker with aid. some people will help you level, some will give you some starting gear. some may do neither. but ultimately what i would suggest is getting carried though you dont care for it. the end game here is vast and getting to that as soon as you can would be best, you dont want to get stuck in very hard for a few months and then finally get to ultimate to find that you are no match for the enemies there. but you wont need much, my perscription for this type of thing is pretty simple. make a RAcast, get some help to level up to 110. try to get an iron faust with any stats, then get a frozen shooter with 30 plus hit, they drop pretty easy and someone will likely just give you one. the iron faust may cost you about 20 pds. oh and i forgot, feed your mag to lv 200 before attempting to level up or see if someone will let you borrow one. once you have the mag lv 200, racast lv 110 and the weapons i mentioned then you can start to hold your own in ultimate. also some other units you will want v101 or heavenly battle (later can be upgraded to cent battle) v501 (later can be upgraded to v502) heavenly/arms x 2 (later can be upgraded to cent arms which will free up a slot, i would suggest a cure confuse but the extra slot to a low level can be used for other things such as heavenly power or cent power or what ever you desire for a time.)  i would not suggest starting the game fresh on a humar as so many do as it is one of the hardest classes to use, or hunter in general, tho later it may become the best class it will take a large investment to make it work. the same goes for force. RAcast for a beginner has a good amount of atp ata and hp which will be very helpful when just starting out. hope this helps inshallah

• Like 1

it does help, i believe. I've actually finally gotten to play the game with someone last night. they gave me some uh.. attachments for my armor, i guess, two katanas that I can't use yet but those armor attachment things make it so I'm almost able to, and a weapon that immediately made me laugh when i realized it was literally an electric guitar that can be used to bash in the faces of monsters.

• Haha 1

I would try not to stress about your interactions with others on this server, even if it may be hard for you. Usually people look forward to meeting other players and running quests with them. Sometimes you'll find that your fear/anxiety can give you a warped view of things. Also asking other people a question shouldn't bother them. At the end of the day if they say no or even ignore you, you aren't being a hinderance to them. Also if you want to make lots of friends just hop in the lobby and call people silly while spamming the Alt+Q emote, works everytime. Have fun hunting!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pokémon and Naruto in profile pic?!?! 10/10 off the bat welcome to the serer! I'm sure you'll find a crew you like running with in no time. normally if your in a ultimate room that's open people will join.  normal,  hard and VH are a different story but lvl in this server is big EZ, you can get to ult in no time.

• Like 1

first off, thank you for the welcome. second, thanks for that 10/10 on the pfp, it's kinda old, but guess I just didn't have enough of an interest in changing to what i use these days over on things like Discord. I'm not sure if I'm really READY for the Ultimate rooms yet. i'm still on Normal for rooms i'm playing on.

1 hour ago, DouglasQuilava said:

first off, thank you for the welcome. second, thanks for that 10/10 on the pfp, it's kinda old, but guess I just didn't have enough of an interest in changing to what i use these days over on things like Discord. I'm not sure if I'm really READY for the Ultimate rooms yet. i'm still on Normal for rooms i'm playing on.

basically you can get to hard mode in less than a half hour with the right gear, and you wont need too much. some weps a mag and a little knowledge. getting carried might take an hour to get there. the quest youll want to run when getting carried is called TTF, it takes you to each boss quickly for the big exp and if someone is with you they will blast the boss in like ten seconds (just make sure you hit it, even 0 damage will count for you getting exp) and youll be on to the next area. also there are meta ways to run the quest, certain monsters you kill will open the next room immediately. once you run this quest a few times with some aid youll know what to do. i would name the room TTF help, and go fart around in one of the dungeons until someone joins. right now exp is on x5 which is the highest it goes but for you it will always be x3 until you get over lv 160 i think. then it goes to x2. so still pretty easy to get to 200 if youre determined. the last character i made i got from 1-200 on expx5 and the game time for that character was 24 hours. mind i did not do all that in a single 24 hour sitting. or you could spend 24+ hours in normal mode if youre not careful. we want you to come to ultimate mode because this is where you can actually have a chance to find an item worth selling or trading or keeping that will do some good. as they said, dont worry people will be happy to help you. if you ever see Snipe or Sam thats me, just give me a hollar if i have time ill certainly help your progress

• Like 1