Introduction thing

DouglasQuilava

Hi, uh, my name's Douglas. I'm gonna be honest here, I've never played the original Phantasy Star Online. my first ever Phantasy Star title was Phantasy Star Universe back on the PS2 before i eventually got the xbox 360 release and more recently jumped to the PC version of that game with the PSU Clementine server. I did play a bit of PSO2 and PSO2NGS, but I have really wanted to try for myself the original PSO. and until I can get the game to boot properly instead of getting itself stuck on a black screen and never loading, I'll likely still have issues just trying to log into the game. also uh, is there a Discord for this server or just the forum?

• Like 2

Welcome to Ultima friend! Thank you for your introduction and we are glad to have you. This is a helpful community though small, so if you ever need help please feel free to ask anyone. Most people in the server speak English but some do not. Major languages spoken are English French and Spanish. we have a few players who only speak Russian or Japanese as well. If you need further help you can always do what you have done here and make a topic in the forums.

If you happen to notice not many players are online now it is because we have events that turn on and off and we just got done with a few events that came back to back so now that they are over there will be a low period where not many are logging in. Please be patient and please invite some friends from your circle to join with you to play. We love to have new players and if you want help leveling up, or need advise you can ask players in the lobby, or create a room and name it "help please" or "ttf help". (ttf is a quest we use for easy exp) I hope this was helpful.

If you are having trouble getting the game running it could be the resolution set in the "Launcher Options" it will need to be set to your computer's specific resolution. You can check this by google searching "what is my resolution" and it will explain how you can find this information in your system.

Thanks

• Like 3

thanks for the warm welcome. I will admit, I'm very nervous when it comes to actually... y'know... talking to people in online games. most of my life I've only ever played offline games. I would invite my friends but... the problem is none of my friends really play online RPG titles like this. and I'm too nervous to even ask them to try them. On top of that, whenever I AM in a party with other players I start to feel like I'm just slowing the other players down... though that's just in PSU on the Clementine server that I feel that way, but you get the point right? I'm needing to actually try to break out of this mindset of "play solo so you don't make others carry your ass" and I really do want to change that about myself.

I did get the game working though, it wasn't resolution though. i don't know what it was but somehow i fixed it just by fiddling around with my laptop.

• Like 1

glad you got it working. one thing ill mention about this game is sometimes we can be hard on each other but usually we dont pick on newbs. we tend to pick on people who have played a long time and even if someone does give you a hard time just want to say let it roll off your back. this is one of the last bastions of a forgotten age of gaming where things are hmm... happily toxic to a degree. we have had "reports" of "harassment" in the past that have just led to the victim getting shamed for calling it out. tho there is a line. if someone actually does threaten you, you can appeal to a GM like shiida or fryewolf in private and they will sort it out. though i dont think this will really happen to you 

• Like 1

last night i got to actually take on my whole little... social anxiety thing by playing with someone else, and big surprise, they actually gave me some really nice gear. they helped show me the ropes of this game and i was getting the hang of the combat. I'm still a bit thrown off by the TP not being restored over time like PP on weapons in PSU, but eh, what can ya do there? unless Force-type characters get access to regenerating TP.

• Like 1

yes there are 2 forces that regain tp slowly and one hunter who can as well but just bring fluids its not gonna regen very fast anyway

also dont be afraid to ask for meseta. players get meseta for free sometimes so they will likely give you half a million zenny if you ask