Moving game Windows/Tabing out of the game

Salm

So I don't know exactly what has changed that caused this to happen. But in the last two days I have not been able to use the command Windows Key + Shift + Arrow Key to move the Psobb ultima game window from screen to screen. I use two screens so when I am playing on my two different accounts I like to have one on each screen for ease. However in the last two days I am unable to do so now. Additionally when I am autorunning in game using the Q button and I decide to tab out of the game it will instantly cancel my running action in game. One final thing I noticed while writing this. Whenever I tab out of the game in lobby the names over my head change because I am using the Tab key. Unless I am crazy, which is still up for debate, this hasn't been a problem in the past.

Maybe someone can tell me why this is happening or a work around for this problem. Possibly something that should be addressed by the GMs. I would just like to continue playing the game in a way that is comfortable to me or at least how I have expected the game to behave in the past.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Salm said:

So I don't know exactly what has changed that caused this to happen. But in the last two days I have not been able to use the command Windows Key + Shift + Arrow Key to move the Psobb ultima game window from screen to screen. I use two screens so when I am playing on my two different accounts I like to have one on each screen for ease. However in the last two days I am unable to do so now. Additionally when I am autorunning in game using the Q button and I decide to tab out of the game it will instantly cancel my running action in game. One final thing I noticed while writing this. Whenever I tab out of the game in lobby the names over my head change because I am using the Tab key. Unless I am crazy, which is still up for debate, this hasn't been a problem in the past.

Maybe someone can tell me why this is happening or a work around for this problem. Possibly something that should be addressed by the GMs. I would just like to continue playing the game in a way that is comfortable to me or at least how I have expected the game to behave in the past.

If you want information about the new multi-logging update please check here:
Your particular issue has to do with the most recent update, which I cannot find the information on it as after re-reading, that information is not in that post.

Edited by Clappy
1 hour ago, Clappy said:

If you want information about the new multi-logging update please check here:

I am fully aware of the rules and regulations on dual-logging and I am not breaking any of them. However dual logging is still useful for banking and various other things. If I can't move one window of my game to another screen It makes it a lot harder to do anything with dual logging. Also this is a recent development, since yesterday when they started the event after they did the server maintenance I have been having these issues. If the changes made to dual logging were the cause then I would have noticed this problem much sooner.

I do believe that this is a result of whatever they changed during the server maintenance yesterday. Although I don't wish to blame the GMs or more specifically Soly for any changes made that were probably necessary. I just wanted to point out what was going on and maybe get a work around or If this is an actual unintended issue then I wanted to bring it up so that the GMs could see what was going on.

• Like 1

If there are rules in place regarding multiple clients the intrusive software changes that mess with out of focus windows are unnecessary imo.

Also the Guidelines page that includes yesterday's rule changes (not the indiv drop changes from 2 years ago) should be easier to find because I could only locate it by going through Ultima -> Registration -> Terms of Use -> Guidelines. I am not alone in having no idea where the Guidelines page even was when told (in shoutbox) to refer to it about what actually changed yesterday. It should not be that hidden.

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, Flerbert said:

If there are rules in place regarding multiple clients the intrusive software changes that mess with out of focus windows are unnecessary imo.

Also the Guidelines page that includes yesterday's rule changes (not the indiv drop changes from 2 years ago) should be easier to find because I could only locate it by going through Ultima -> Registration -> Terms of Use -> Guidelines. I am not alone in having no idea where the Guidelines page even was when told (in shoutbox) to refer to it about what actually changed yesterday. It should not be that hidden.

i agree it should be put within the tabs and called rules or something along them lines so if someone "forgets" it can be easily found 

The page is under Browse > Guidelines.

The issue with adding rules, is that people will either find another loophole or just ignore those rules, which is the reason for the changes in the game that we were trying out.

To address the issues you are experiencing:

- Windows + shift + arrow: shouldn't be affected by this I think, but I'll look into it.

- Auto run: we identified this early on but decided to compromise there for now and find a fix later on.

- Alt + tab: I think that has always been a thing, the names cycling.

Anyway, Ill probably be disabling this change for the time being and reintroduce it later when we fix whatever side effects it causes.

Not really.
But either way, this was an attempt to fix the advantage taken by some people with this.

@Salm could you try the 3 things you mentioned?
I have disabled the changes for this
auto run/walk worked for me
I don't have a second screen to test moving windows with windows + shift + arrow
As I mentioned, the names do cycle when you alt + tab

• Thanks 1
23 minutes ago, Soly said:

I don't have a second screen to test moving windows with windows + shift + arrow
As I mentioned, the names do cycle when you alt + tab

Win+shift+arrow does not currently work.
Prior to the update, alt+tabbing did not cycle the name/info in lobby.

2 hours ago, 777 said:

Win+shift+arrow does not currently work.

I can't say anything about this because I don't think I have ever used it, and it's been a long time since I had multiple screens.

2 hours ago, 777 said:

Prior to the update, alt+tabbing did not cycle the name/info in lobby.

I am 99.99% sure this is not true.

Also Ender has confirmed me (he tested this on Ephinea) that
- Win+Shift+Arrow does nothing for him
- Alt+Tab does cycle the text on top of your head in the lobby. 

So yeah, that's the default behaviour the game has had.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Soly said:

auto run/walk worked for me

10 hours ago, Soly said:

I can't say anything about this because I don't think I have ever used it, and it's been a long time since I had multiple screens.

I am 99.99% sure this is not true.

Also Ender has confirmed me (he tested this on Ephinea) that
- Win+Shift+Arrow does nothing for him
- Alt+Tab does cycle the text on top of your head in the lobby. 

So yeah, that's the default behaviour the game has had.

I'm 100% certain that it is true, and it's been that way for the past few years
Was it unintended?

I've only ever used two PSOBB clients; Ultima and Unseen — Ultima didn't cycle upon alt+tab but Unseen did.
In the end it's just a minor thing that I've noticed after the recent update. Just thought I'd let you know. 👍

19 hours ago, Flerbert said:

It's not hidden at all

Browse > guidelines 

and that's not new)

• Like 2

@Soly I have noticed since logging on today that I have been able to tab out while running and it doen't instantly stop me in place. Thank you for fixing that. I am still unable to use the Win+Shitf+Arrow key to move Ultima windows from screen to screen. Do you have an alternate way of moving ultima windows from screen to screen? I use virtual fullscreen when I play because if I don't the screen gets all wonky on me, so I can't just drag and drop a window to another screen. When I found out about the command to do this it made dual logging so much more pleasant and I would like to keep doing this. I do believe that when I first started playing on this server back in 2016 alt tabbing out did cycle names. Somewhere between that time and two days ago it had changed. I mostly forgot about it because its just so convenient not need to cycle through all the various info above players heads. I can live without this feature but I do like having it.

I appreciate all the work you put into this server Soly thanks for helping this place run as well as it does. Additionally I appreciate what all the GMs do to keep this server running.