The Gloom Spire

Amaranthine

1 minute ago, Amaranthine said:

Wow, this took no time at all. Congratz! (Where's the video :eyes:)

But yeah, the issue has been addressed and I've spoken to Soly. It may not be immediate, but a fix will be on the way.

Also, the changelog was updated

I supposed no one would enjoy watching me die to plants for 40 mins straight xD. But cgs, I had to get creative on floor 30 to get around the hardest pulls.

6 hours ago, Lobotomy said:

I had to get creative on floor 30 to get around the hardest pulls.

I can Imagine that on RAmarl. There Is always a lot of room for creativity, especially regarding tech-casting :D [assuming It reaches as Intended :onion-head81:]

3 hours ago, Kotta said:

I can Imagine that on RAmarl. There Is always a lot of room for creativity, especially regarding tech-casting :D [assuming It reaches as Intended :onion-head81:]

Ah. No, no. I had to get creative with telepipes/invc. I don't think Razonde will help you here too much, since u're very likely to deplete tp before killing plants. In fact, casts should probably be having an easier time here, but since I rarely play cast I can't say this for certain.

Edited by Lobotomy
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Lobotomy said:

Ah. No, no. I had to get creative with telepipes/invc. I don't think Razonde will help you here too much, since u're very likely to deplete tp before killing plants.

I still haven't played quest, but what I mean with tech casting was to make all flowers In conjunct stagger, and manage somehow to take them one by one :D

[I won't even recommend to use ranged multi hit weapon due to bad experience of flower possibility at approaching you like a truck ¬_¬]

1 hour ago, Kotta said:

I still haven't played quest, but what I mean with tech casting was to make all flowers In conjunct stagger, and manage somehow to take them one by one :D

[I won't even recommend to use ranged multi hit weapon due to bad experience of flower possibility at approaching you like a truck ¬_¬]

Maybe I didn't explain myself too well, apologies if that's the case. I understood the tech trick kottazo. Thing is that in this specific quest it's almost impossible to pull it, to the point you're just better off trying different stuff (In particular, I have in mind the 2 hardest pulls of the quest imo, which include 4 plants, epsis, ill gus and just a myriad of plants). Pulls with 2 plants or less are, let's say, not so hard to handle anyway; raz is as good as FS for that. Also sometimes you have to go with the DM and risk movement cause it's impossible to handle plants 1by1. Anyway, that was my second run ever so I'm not sure about how optimized my strats where.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Update to the quest. While the server is still unable to properly run remapping and have proper items drop, the quest has been lightly touched up in the following ways in Version 1.3:

- A few warp panels were added: Floor 27 was given preceding warp panels to prevent potential soft locking should there be a DC (Each appear upon portion clears), and floor 28 was given a floor panel that returns back to the top section from the mid section (These appear upon room clear.)

- Removed alternating fog on floor 26, and replaced it with darkness that is controlled by central floor panel.

- Very slightly trimmed the monster count. Took one Gibbles from floor 30 and placed it on floor 26.

The Monster count to the quest now is the following:

120    Del Lily (-0)
    180    Ill Gill (-0)

80    Delbiter (-0)

70    Recobox (-1)
    75    Gibbles (-3)

80    Gi Gue (-5)
    85    Mericarol (-1)

50    Merikle (-3)
    50    Mericus (-1)
    60    Epsilon (-6)

Edited by Amaranthine

On 9/12/2023 at 1:05 AM, Amaranthine said:

Update to the quest. While the server is still unable to properly run remapping and have proper items drop, the quest has been lightly touched up in the following ways in Version 1.3:

- A few warp panels were added: Floor 27 was given preceding warp panels to prevent potential soft locking should there be a DC (Each appear upon portion clears), and floor 28 was given a floor panel that returns back to the top section from the mid section (These appear upon room clear.)

- Removed alternating fog on floor 26, and replaced it with darkness that is controlled by central floor panel.

- Very slightly trimmed the monster count. Took one Gibbles from floor 30 and placed it on floor 26.

The Monster count to the quest now is the following:

120    Del Lily (-0)
    180    Ill Gill (-0)

80    Delbiter (-0)

70    Recobox (-1)
    75    Gibbles (-3)

80    Gi Gue (-5)
    85    Mericarol (-1)

50    Merikle (-3)
    50    Mericus (-1)
    60    Epsilon (-6)

We lost some friendos there. My RIP in DEPs for them :C

• 1 month later...

The wrong area drops issue should now be fixed!

Lots of thanks to @Soly

• Like 4