The Gloom Spire

Amaranthine

The server bug causing wrong area drops has been squashed. Sorry for the long inconvenience!!!

Interesting/Unironic side note before getting into this: 

I learned/noticed yesterday night (10th November, 2022) that Shiida's Capital of the Unreturned quest narratively takes place in the same general region that this one does. The southern regions of Gal Da Val simply are prone to dangerous anomalies I guess, idk. 

Anyways...Moving on:

The Gloom Spire

image.png.80e0bee758909fdb9acb6d8def40e2e6.png

Quest Details:

A party of three (3) were assigned to exterminate monsters that were swarming Gal Da Val Island's southern region. The Lab had suspected that if the rate of monster infestation were to continue growing, they could become a problem to other parties assigned to investigate other targeted zones of the island. Along with this party of three, the Lab had sent a specialized Cast with them to assist with the extermination assignment. The mission was projected to be cleared within the hour; and the party was projected to return within that same hour or the following hour at the very most. However, there was no word or communication between the dispatched party over the span of several hours. Not a single member of that party returned the Lab either which rose concerns. 

Natasha Milarose directed several teams to band up and form a rescue search operation. The southern regions of Gal Da Val were vastly scanned on foot, by carriers and by radar. Hours go by and no reported findings made their way back to the Lab to the frustration and dismay of The Directrice. More time passes and one search team that traveled down to the deep south came upon a discovery that was reported immediately on sight. A tall ominous tower that was seemingly swallowed by the wilderness was reported within the deep, dense forest trenches. The origins of this tower are unknown and remained unsettlingly so. With this new information, Natasha posted up an urgent search mission where only experienced and equipped personnel could take the job. A crew member of the search team making this discovery planted a teleporter signal in the mouth of this tower before search teams made their way back to the Lab by the day's end.

Will you take the job and help search for the missing party?

Quest Mechanics:

This quest will vary in length depending on the difficulty chosen:

Normal Mode = You have access to only 1 Tower before quest completion.

Hard Mode = You have access to only 1 Tower before quest completion (Just like Normal Mode Difficulty).

Very Hard Mode = You have access to 2 Towers before quest completion.

Ultimate Mode = You have access to the entire quest.

--> You get +50,000 Meseta for each party member you find (Ultimate Mode Only).

Spoiler

Gloom Spire 1-10: 

17    Del Lily
33    Ill Gill
10    Delbiter

18    Recobox

13    Gibbles

13    Gi Gue
10    Mericarol

3    Merikle
3    Mericus
3    Epsilon

Gloom Spire 11-20: 

40    Del Lily
54    Ill Gill

18    Delbiter

23    Recobox

21    Gibbles

23    Gi Gue

23    Mericarol
12    Merikle

10    Mericus
12    Epsilon

Gloom Spire 21-30:

63    Del Lily

93    Ill Gill

52    Delbiter

29    Recobox

41    Gibbles

44    Gi Gue

52    Mericarol

35    Merikle

37    Mericus
45    Epsilon

TOTAL:                      NORMAL            HARD        VERY HARD       ULTIMATE
Del Lily                             18                      18                       57                       120       

Ill Gill                                33                      33                      87                       180       

Delbiter                           10                      10                       28                        80       

Recobox                          18                      18                       40                        70       

Gibbles                            13                      13                       34                        75       

Gi Gue                              13                      13                       36                        80       

Mericarol                        10                      10                       33                        85       

Merikle                             3                        3                         15                        50       

Mericus                           3                        3                          13                       50       

Epsilon                             3                        3                         15                        60       

Meseta Rewards:

Normal = 8,000

Hard = 15,000

Very Hard = 40,000

Ultimate = 200,000 (Base Rate)

-------------------------------------

Creator: Amaranthine (Esther)

Quest Version Number = 1.3

Spoiler

Version 1.0:

- Removed a test warp that was in place for section checking during development of the quest. I forgot about it and it managed to slip into the main ship. While in testing, its usage is justified. In real time, however, it's a major exploit. This test warp has been instantly removed on sight.

Version 1.1:

- Arranged the map floors to Floor 15, 16 and 17.

- Removed a few unnecessary labels in the quest file.

Version 1.2

- Server currently not supporting 'off floors' for being Tower floors. Will be resolved in the future!

Version 1.3

- Slight monster adjustment and added a few warps to some floors.

- Server bug for drops has been patched.

- This quest has a timer at a prompted start without a quest fail condition. Added Meseta Rewards for Ultimate Mode, on the other hand, "do" have fail conditions in regards to the timer (Which counts up).

- This quest has a prompted console style initiation. However, only one (1) player needs to engage the console to start the quest for the party regardless of what map they are in (Even during bursting animation screens). When a player is occupying the console, no other player can access it unless the engaging player declines the quest initiation. This means that you DO NOT need to all gather to start the quest run like traditional console initiated quests.

Anywho! That should be everything I need to say about this. Will edit the page should versions update due to things such as potential bug fixes.

Spoiler

This quest I was originally making for another server quite some time ago. However, it was quickly becoming too strong for the standards allowed before getting that far into it. Considering that, along with the sheer length the quest was aimed to be, there wasn't really anything I would have liked to have done with it. So, I set it aside and haven't ever looked at it again since January 5th of this year (2022). 

After several banters at different times, one common thing was repeatedly mentioned and that was quests I've made being shared. Due to the quests available year round (Among other personal reasons), I refused sharing. After a few prods, instead of sharing work that I've done, I picked this abandoned project back up and dwelled in qedit for 2 weeks to which I then emerged with this quest in completed form. 

:boreusip:

Edited by Amaranthine
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Okay!

Apologies for the content inconvenience. A severe issue was mistakenly slipped into the end product of version 1.0. The quest has been updated to 1.1 and the issue has been resolved.

(PSO is interesting though and it cropped the version number. Nothing too significant)

Edited by Amaranthine
  • Like 1

Hello there, so Pompon and I are currently running the quest on Yellowboze. We came across like 7x secure feet (Which should be a mil lily drop). Epsilon and del lily (and maybe ill gill) were dropping secure feet (0dfp 0evp).

Is this a bug or part of the story?

Update: redria drops windmill from del lily, which is also the mil lily drop on ultimate

2nd update: gibbles seems to drop the regular redria drop (god/battle) on ult ep 2

Edited by DevlinKhodabaks
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, DevlinKhodabaks said:

Hello there, so Pompon and I are currently running the quest on Yellowboze. We came across like 7x secure feet (Which should be a mil lily drop). Epsilon and del lily (and maybe ill gill) were dropping secure feet (0dfp 0evp).

Is this a bug or part of the story?

Update: redria drops windmill from del lily, which is also the mil lily drop on ultimate

My guess is that this is something server side. I cannot influence what monsters drop and should default to their respective tables. Mil Lily is a Temple enemy in ep2 and none of the Towers use either Temple slot to overwrite with the tower maps. They're Mountain, Seaside and Seaside Night maps which get overwritten for Tower. 

Del Lillies do share their skin ID with other Lillies though. Something beyond my doing is probably at play here. My question would be if this is occurring in other tower quests? If so, then something may have been poked recently.

So yeah! Can't really help you here.

Now that you say that, the del lilies dropped us some victor axes yesterday on bluefull, I've done a lhb today, nothing to report for lhb

(fortunatly the epsi drop was chromatic orb)

Edited by JupiterDeMars
  • Like 1

Green givin C. Barriers, so I think we can confirm that Dels are giving temple lilies' drops.

Edited by Lobotomy

It's probably a server bug. Public Teth doesn't parse the quest file to know the maps and assumes the area by floor number. The assumption being floors 16 and 17 in Episode 2 (used in PW4) are Tower. Probably the same case here (which is also why MAS2's nonrare weapons and tech disk drops look like they're Temple tier drops).

This quest has three Tower areas and it looks like two of those areas are using floor numbers 8 and 9. So in those two areas, Del Lillies are treated as Ob Lillies (and can be rolled rare on the server). And Epsilons are probably treated as Sinow Zoa/Zele in those areas (depending on their initialization param in the quest file).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DevlinKhodabaks said:

2nd update: gibbles seems to drop the regular redria drop (god/battle) on ult ep 2

Okay so this is definitely Server Side with this confirmation. Staff that can handle drops should be able to fix this. As I said, I cannot do anything with drops through quest creation when it comes to what an enemy drops from the raw tables.

The reason this is happening I believe to be tied to the server not recognizing the monster dropping the items. Epsilon is a Sinow Zoa outside of Tower as they both share the same ID. Del Lily outside of Tower is a Poison Lily which then the server thinks can have the rare variant which is masked by the Del Lily enemy. 

image.png.48eb5b98d3fc2c9a27ee0467feb64234.png

^ As seen here. Sinow Zoa drops Secure Feet. Sinow Zoa share Epsilon ID so in Tower, they become Epsilon and still drop what is thought to be a Zoa. Same goes for the Del Lily.

• Like 1

As Ender mentioned, the issue is a bit more complex that just "the drops".
Tethealla (which Ultima is based on), doesn't take into account changing areas to be other areas and just thinks of them as being in order (ie F1, F2, C1, C2, etc).
You using areas 8 and 9 as tower, causes the issue of the monsters being seen as monsters of areas 8 and 9.

I talked to Ender (he explained what he mentioned in this thread, which was already clear to me) and he proposed some fixes.
While I don't know when I'll have this ready, there will be a fix coming for this.

• Like 2

Soloable. *Soloing this is a completely wretched and unenjoyable experience that I recommend to absolutely no one tho*

Also, drops seem to be really hard messed up. As I said in the c.box, I got custom barriers from gibbs and epsi (floors 10-20) & J. 23 on del lis while getting custom on the same lilies on f1-10. In addition a Delbiter (f20-30) gave me a Plantain Leaf. No random PGFs tho :C

TGS.png

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Lobotomy said:

Soloable. *Soloing this is a completely wretched and unenjoyable experience that I recommend to absolutely no one tho*

Wow, this took no time at all. Congratz! (Where's the video :eyes:)

But yeah, the issue has been addressed and I've spoken to Soly. It may not be immediate, but a fix will be on the way.

Also, the changelog was updated

Edited by Amaranthine