TTF Speedrun RAmar solo

Nice try!

Here you can see best times for solo TTF: https://4waypb.com/

I recommend watching Nou's top run in particular, it may give you quite a few tricks you can use to improve your runs.

Run was pretty solid but I can point to a few things I think u can improve, if that helps:

• You need to make sure mobs never make you stop running, otherwise you're gonna waste a few seconds here and there. Every mistake adds up to a lot of time in the end so any little detail you can improve can be nice.
  • Avoid using mechs, use Heaven Striker or Serene Swan instead when possible. Mechs have a very bad, let's call it "after-combo delay animation" which makes u stay in place for longer than handguns.
  • Consider getting a S-Rank Zalu for De Rol too.
  • Mag without on-boss trigger means u're wasting time on spinners (Falz 1st pahse).
  • UR probably not the best option to Giz on Vol, afaik. Hundred Souls or something like that would probably be better.
  • The Baranz trick is nice and safe, but you're wasting seconds with it. Since u're full HP, u can easily skip Baranzs without the pipe. If DM after-combo delay is a problem to do this, consider using a bomb-chu to OS the Dub.

Edited by Lobotomy
  • Like 2

yoo that telepipe trick in mines is pretty fire ngl

also power glove is the best thing you can gizonde trick vol opt with on ramar but ive never seen it done with ultima reaper before that was pretty cool. does ramar cast as if he is unequiped when using partizans? 

Edited by theancientsam

11 hours ago, theancientsam said:

does ramar cast as if he is unequiped when using partizans? 

No, Male Humans' casting speed when unequipped have a faster casting time (like V801), but the vulnerability period (for example, when using Gifoie or Grants, which leaves you vulnerable for too long) Is slightly longer. Long enough to let Vol Opt move a bit.

I still haven't used Power Gloves against Vol Opt, but I guess If he's almost about to disappear, the power gloves will most likely allow him to disappear, given It was given the chance.

Edited by Kotta
Sry, I didn't specify "Male Humans" Dx
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Lobotomy said:

Nice try!

Here you can see best times for solo TTF: https://4waypb.com/

I recommend watching Nou's top run in particular, it may give you quite a few tricks you can use to improve your runs.

Run was pretty solid but I can point to a few things I think u can improve, if that helps:

• You need to make sure mobs never make you stop running, otherwise you're gonna waste a few seconds here and there. Every mistake adds up to a lot of time in the end so any little detail you can improve can be nice.
  • Avoid using mechs, use Heaven Striker or Serene Swan instead when possible. Mechs have a very bad, let's call it "after-combo delay animation" which makes u stay in place for longer than handguns.
  • Consider getting a S-Rank Zalu for De Rol too.
  • Mag without on-boss trigger means u're wasting time on spinners (Falz 1st pahse).
  • UR probably not the best option to Giz on Vol, afaik. Hundred Souls or something like that would probably be better.
  • The Baranz trick is nice and safe, but you're wasting seconds with it. Since u're full HP, u can easily skip Baranzs without the pipe. If DM after-combo delay is a problem to do this, consider using a bomb-chu to OS the Dub.

Thank you very much!  I will study your advice and try to improve my run.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kotta said:

No, Humans' casting speed when unequipped has a faster casting time (like V801), but the vulnerability period (for example, when using Gifoie or Grants, which leaves you vulnerable for too long) Is slightly longer. Long enough to let Vol Opt move a bit.

I still haven't used Power Gloves against Vol Opt, but I guess If he's almost about to disappear, the power gloves will most likely allow him to disappear, given It was given the chance.

This is 100% accurate.

Id also like to throw in its rng if vol opt moves 2 or 3 screens. So the best way to deal with this (for consistency) is to aim at screen #2 and zap it a few times no matter what. If it looks like the little bugger is switch to screen #3 then switch your aim to #3 before it transfers and then lock it up there. It does give vol opt enough time to make inches towards running away but you almost always kill it before its gone on the last screen.

You can also try to set your positioning so that youre aiming through screen #2 into screen #3 so when it changes screens you also organically change your target. Issue there is if ur not fast enough the floor dildos pop up and change ur target.

If youre player 1 screen#2 is always directly behind you. Screen#3 is directly to your left when you spawn. Hope this helps.

Edited by applesaucin
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, applesaucin said:

This is 100% accurate.

Id also like to throw in its rng if vol opt moves 2 or 3 screens. So the best way to deal with this (for consistency) is to aim at screen #2 and zap it a few times no matter what. If it looks like the little bugger is switch to screen #3 then switch your aim to #3 before it transfers and then lock it up there. It does give vol opt enough time to make inches towards running away but you almost always kill it before its gone on the last screen.

You can also try to set your positioning so that youre aiming through screen #2 into screen #3 so when it changes screens you also organically change your target. Issue there is if ur not fast enough the floor dildos pop up and change ur target.

If youre player 1 screen#2 is always directly behind you. Screen#3 is directly to your left when you spawn. Hope this helps.

Something that might also help power gloves users Is, they can try to hit Vol Opt with razonde or something that can Instantly hit a without any need of targetting, right at the moment Vol Opt appears In the new window. Trying to say, time the razonde at the right moment, then start spamming Gizonde at him :) 

[I just suppose It can work]

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 11/13/2022 at 1:47 PM, Kotta said:

No, Male Humans' casting speed when unequipped have a faster casting time (like V801), but the vulnerability period (for example, when using Gifoie or Grants, which leaves you vulnerable for too long) Is slightly longer. Long enough to let Vol Opt move a bit.

Power Glove can stunlock just like this, but the thing about having only level 15 max tech is that in addition to 801, you must hit vol as he's on the final screen turning to face you (just like in the vid). The timing is a bit tight on it. It is interesting to see ramar partisan is technically fast enough (though power glove was designed to be an ideal weapon for it). 20+gz and 801 will stunlock without any additional factors, but for 15 you must get it at that final screen turn to stunlock.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1