Game wont load up

8 hours ago, DouglasQuilava said:

eh, the game runs fine by just running Ultima PSOBB's executable instead of the standalone launcher. especially since the executable still opens a launcher that actually works. so i might just not use the standalone launcher. i'm just glad I can play the game. PSOBB is pretty interesting but I still haven't found a good way to juggle both PSOBB Ultima and Phantasy Star Universe Clementine. 

I'd love if you could tell me about this, because the launcher I made literally just opens the game like if you double click the psobb executable.
What I think could be happening here is that you don't have the launcher in the same location as the installed game... so the launcher is starting the game with missing files.

If you want to, you can message me on discord (Soly#0637) or in a PM here in the forum.

3 hours ago, Bobo said:

I am having the same issues with no luck. "Couldn't open _items.ini"

Is this from dll.log?
This just indicates that the file could not be loaded and thus no custom SFX or minimap dots setup, but it doesn't prevent the game from loading or otherwise.

Also I'd encourage you to make your own post (same with Douglas), because the original one was resolved.

29 minutes ago, Soly said:

I'd love if you could tell me about this, because the launcher I made literally just opens the game like if you double click the psobb executable.
What I think could be happening here is that you don't have the launcher in the same location as the installed game... so the launcher is starting the game with missing files.

If you want to, you can message me on discord (Soly#0637) or in a PM here in the forum.

wait- you made the launcher? well, yeah, sure i could message you on Discord about this. but i think you might actually be right about what could be happening.

16 hours ago, DouglasQuilava said:

wait- you made the launcher? well, yeah, sure i could message you on Discord about this. but i think you might actually be right about what could be happening.

We talked in discord, the issue was in fact the launcher being on a different directory than the game install.
I might look into ways of addressing this, maybe saving the install location in the registry/ask the user where the game is installed should that info be missing.