Imaginary Hatred For Humars???

Patrick Bell

HUmar is the 2nd highest ATK character in the game. Has a good selection of usabe gear, like PRs, SS, Macho Blades (can be wrong on this one, i don't recall now) etc. I wouldn't say HUmar is that bad or requires a tweak.

Not trying to stir debate, but on my personal opinion HUmar is better than HUney on his job and people chose to play HUney more (probably because asthetics? I don't know) and they usually like it. HUney has has access to lindcray (which is an advantage compared to HUmar), lvl20 SDJZ (another advantage), but that's it. Overall worst animations, less stats overall, no PRs and gets knock-down by more things.

I think the problem with HUmar is more a pre-concept thing rather than being inherently bad. And the fact that HUcast exists and outclasses the HUmar.

Hugs

• Like 1

HUmar is not the worst class (i guess) but it does seem to be the one new players always go for and its not for beginners imo. you need weps with some hit on them to play humar in ep 2 for example. Also his heal is not very strong so new players die trying to heal sometimes. The HUmar has a pretty smol and slow resta. He can cast magic faster without a weapon equipped though so you could resta spam p fast that way... but generally in the late game you dont need your humar to heal you, you would rather he be a hucast with 20 ice traps so u hopefully dont get hit in the first place.

Edited by theancientsam
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, jezbuz said:

HUmar is the 2nd highest ATK character in the game. Has a good selection of usabe gear, like PRs, SS, Macho Blades (can be wrong on this one, i don't recall now) etc. I wouldn't say HUmar is that bad or requires a tweak.

Not trying to stir debate, but on my personal opinion HUmar is better than HUney on his job and people chose to play HUney more (probably because asthetics? I don't know) and they usually like it. HUney has has access to lindcray (which is an advantage compared to HUmar), lvl20 SDJZ (another advantage), but that's it. Overall worst animations, less stats overall, no PRs and gets knock-down by more things.

I think the problem with HUmar is more a pre-concept thing rather than being inherently bad. And the fact that HUcast exists and outclasses the HUmar.

Hugs

I agree, however the main reason for Huney is the SDJ advantage. Massively better for solo play, and can support team play much much more when there is no FO around while still dealing fantastic DPS. That alone makes Huney much more valuable. Honestly, if you were to make a Humar tweak of any kind, just simply give him lvl 15 S/D just like Ramar. That's literally all he needs.

• Like 4

On 10/9/2022 at 12:05 AM, Clappy said:

I agree, however the main reason for Huney is the SDJ advantage. Massively better for solo play, and can support team play much much more when there is no FO around while still dealing fantastic DPS. That alone makes Huney much more valuable. Honestly, if you were to make a Humar tweak of any kind, just simply give him lvl 15 S/D just like Ramar. That's literally all he needs.

Your points are totally fair and valid, but well i have a totally different view on HUney. I just can't make HUney work for me. It's the class i like the less in the game. And i prefer soloing with HUmar (even tho i don't play much HUmar tbh) than HUney. Something about HUney that doesn't feel right, especially when your hunter playstyle resolves around DFing (Huney is weaker and misses more). The damage and the animations are a big turn down for me. I think it all depends on the playstyle of each one, for me HUney is the worst class for the job of hunter.

With that being said, i'm not saying the class is trash or nobody should play it, but definitely it is not the best candidate for a DFing solo playstyle. HUney has it's value for sure, i guess it's just not my "cup of tea" and her value is more associated with playing in teams, rather than soloing.

And yeah, LVL 15 SD would spice things up, no doubt. Although, i don't think it's a mandatory thing and i find HUmar a cool niche class that is good as it is, in my opinion. I would rather see a rework on HUney's stats tbh

Edited by jezbuz

5 hours ago, jezbuz said:

Your points are totally fair and valid, but well i have a totally different view on HUney. I just can't make HUney work for me. It's the class i like the less in the game. And i prefer soloing with HUmar (even tho i don't play much HUmar tbh) than HUney. Something about HUney that doesn't feel right, especially when your hunter playstyle resolves around DFing (Huney is weaker and misses more). The damage and the animations are a big turn down for me. I think it all depends on the playstyle of each one, for me HUney is the worst class for the job of hunter.

With that being said, i'm not saying the class is trash or nobody should play it, but definitely it is not the best candidate for a DFing solo playstyle. HUney has it's value for sure, i guess it's just not my "cup of tea" and her value is more associated with playing in teams, rather than soloing.

And yeah, LVL 15 SD would spice things up, no doubt. Although, i don't think it's a mandatory thing and i find HUmar a cool niche class that is good as it is, in my opinion. I would rather see a rework on HUney's stats tbh

I can somewhat agree to most of this, however Hunewearl does the most DF damage in solo play thanks to the lvl 20 S/D that she has. So buffing her stats doesn't really make much sense here. Her accuracy can be somewhat of an issue, however she has better ATA than Hucast, while not by much. I can fully get behind the crappy feeling during combo's and the lack of PR's, but she has SS and DB, which is generally good enough. I'm trying to locate an Ultima damage calculator to 100% confirm the claims, but from my experience, and most other players experience, the information is quite true. So I'll have to disagree specifically with buffing Hunewearl, and lean toward giving Humar 15 S/D as literally every single flesh character in the game has access to S/D other than Humar. I can only assume the power difference between Humar and all other classes was probably too great to give him S/D but then that just means he's completely outclassed by Hucast. I would love a Ultima damage calculator though to thoroughly test it.

11 minutes ago, Clappy said:

So buffing her stats doesn't really make much sense here.

I meant more a total rethink of her stats distribution, not just buffing ATK. Even tho ATK might be an issue, her overall distribution of stats, doesn't feel quite right in my opinion. She's not well designed for Ultima. Not that it adds in favour of my argument, but it's +/- hard to efficiently max her stats, because her stats distribution are weird. Also, a Hunter whose main perk is MST never will be "competitive" enough when compared to the other classes inside the hunter's family. HUcast for example has a better stats distribuition and it's design more correctly for the role.

18 minutes ago, Clappy said:

Her accuracy can be somewhat of an issue, however she has better ATA than Hucast, while not by much

Yeah, her ATA is definitly an issue. It's +/- comparable to HUcast, but HUcasts have traps, which help you to have better control over the spawns. Also better control over "manual evasion" in some specific situations and overcome a bit the low ATA issue.

24 minutes ago, Clappy said:

I can only assume the power difference between Humar and all other classes was probably too great to give him S/D but then that just means he's completely outclassed by Hucast. I would love a Ultima damage calculator though to thoroughly test it.

I think even tho HUmar could theoretically overcome HUcast stats with SD 15, that wouldn't outclass HUcast at all. Traps are a very valuable in the late "meta" game experience as solo DF playstyle. 

• Like 1

Huney is fine. Huney has a nice niche in Solo TTF (and I guess it'd be the same for similar quests even tho I didn't bother to learn and speedrun those so no idea) where she's clearly the best and offers a challenging experience otherwise, since u cannot rely on traps but have to get around with Lind and stuff.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, jezbuz said:

I meant more a total rethink of her stats distribution, not just buffing ATK. Even tho ATK might be an issue, her overall distribution of stats, doesn't feel quite right in my opinion. She's not well designed for Ultima. Not that it adds in favour of my argument, but it's +/- hard to efficiently max her stats, because her stats distribution are weird. Also, a Hunter whose main perk is MST never will be "competitive" enough when compared to the other classes inside the hunter's family. HUcast for example has a better stats distribuition and it's design more correctly for the role.

Yeah, her ATA is definitly an issue. It's +/- comparable to HUcast, but HUcasts have traps, which help you to have better control over the spawns. Also better control over "manual evasion" in some specific situations and overcome a bit the low ATA issue.

I think even tho HUmar could theoretically overcome HUcast stats with SD 15, that wouldn't outclass HUcast at all. Traps are a very valuable in the late "meta" game experience as solo DF playstyle. 

Hard agree on all points.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Clappy said:

Hard agree on all points

It's always a subjective topic and that's fine. Even tho we are both clowns, cheers for having a positive interaction attitude and raising your valid argues in an educated way :)

But ultimately my "Imaginary Hatred" is for HUneys and not HUmars 😌

Edited by jezbuz
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, jezbuz said:

It's always a subjective topic and that's fine. Even tho we are both clowns, cheers for having a positive interaction attitude and raising your valid argues in an educated way :)

But ultimately my "Imaginary Hatred" is for HUneys and not HUmars 😌

I agree. I try to have an open mind when I engage in any discussion. Though I still am curious about the specifics with some sort of damage calc