Happy 9/9 everyone!

The Virtual Nomad

23 years ago today, the Sega Dreamcast was released in North America. We have it to thank for being one of the factors in the creation of this wonderful community. If you had one back in the day, share your Dreamcast stories below!IMG_2188.jpg

This is my personal launch unit (manufactured in July of 1999, just in time for the launch) Yep, it still works after all this time!

• Like 5

I didn't get to play it on Dreamcast until after I played it on Xbox. Was still there pretty early though! This game holds all the splitscreen memories, in an age where nobody plays splitscreen anymore. Even Halo Infinite doesn't have splitscreen. A game series where splitscreen has always been paramount.  PSU, nor PSO2 have splitscreen which is crazy to me. Bring back splitscreen play!

• Like 1

My dreamcast died a few years ago. The controllers' slots got burnt and never worked again. I had a lvl 130 FOmarl and around 2k Delsaber kills (offline). The day my DC died was a very sad day indeed.

• Sad 1

I saw the thread title and almost thought this was a Cirno thread! :onion-head05:Image

On topic though: I have no idea where my Dreamcast is, though I have many fond memories of playing many of my favorite games, like Sonic Adventure 1/2, Crazy Taxi, Virtua Tennis, and of course, Phantasy Star Online, along with many more that currently escape my memory. Although I couldn't play it online, seeing that private servers were still up for this ancient game gave me the opportunity to experience this game how it was truly meant to, and it's probably the one game I always find myself coming back to, even after massive breaks. Hope the server stays strong for many more years to come!

• Like 2