Any PSO 2 players?

Gunz924

1 hour ago, Gunz924 said:

Hello all,

I have recently decided to quit PSO 2 NGS.. wanted to try out Ultima and I think it's time.. anybody else disappointed with the way PSO 2 came out?

Hello..I am a PSO2 player. I'm a little disappointed with the devaluation of the base PSO2. And I'm not very happy with the new PSO2 NG game.
 That's why I play much less PS2 Base and here PSOBB.
  • Like 1

PSO2 is a pretty cool game. Very different from this one, though. More similar to something like WOW (with their obvious differences ofc). For me, the worst part of the game is that it's such a huge time investment and powercreep happens constantly, which feels super bad (this is what's importantly similar to WOW). Also, the structure of emergency quests can mess with your daily routine really hard, that's something I despised a lot as well (I played on the JP servers so it was even worse).

What led me to quit tho was that after I got a Lightstream Dimension very early (getting this wp was crazy hard) I just got burnout and when I returned after a few months and saw that all my equipment was powercrept I felt like that was enough (had close to 600 hours played when this happened btw, lol).

We talked about this yesterday in our games. IMO they really dropped the ball with pso2 and ngs. its just a gacha game (insert credit card here). And like, why does it take 50 people to take down one boss? also also also. the entire thing in the game, a big part anyway, is phashion. (Bro, who cares how hard you hit, how cool do you look?) Everyone wants to look cool and the cloths get very expensive but on the flip side when you are playing with 49 other players (god knows why we had to go over 4) nobody can tell how cool you look because your outfit wont even load on their screen, you just look like a grey robot most of the time. Modern gaming is so focused on making a profit they dont seem to know how to make a playable game anymore, let alone fun. its more like work than fun to grind. i know psobb has its fair share of grind but somehow it just feels like it has more soul to it. These games today have no soul, just a state of the art credit card reader.

Edited by theancientsam
sentence structure sucked
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/4/2022 at 4:55 PM, theancientsam said:

We talked about this yesterday in our games. IMO they really dropped the ball with pso2 and ngs. its just a gacha game (insert credit card here). And like, why does it take 50 people to take down one boss? also also also. the entire thing in the game, a big part anyway, is phashion. (Bro, who cares how hard you hit, how cool do you look?) Everyone wants to look cool and the cloths get very expensive but on the flip side when you are playing with 49 other players (god knows why we had to go over 4) nobody can tell how cool you look because your outfit wont even load on their screen, you just look like a grey robot most of the time. Modern gaming is so focused on making a profit they dont seem to know how to make a playable game anymore, let alone fun. its more like work than fun to grind. i know psobb has its fair share of grind but somehow it just feels like it has more soul to it. These games today have no soul, just a state of the art credit card reader.

Also the story on pso2 is pathetic.. story is alot deeper for pso1. Sega changed

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2023 at 11:41 PM, ProgrammingFlaw said:

Awww!   (-_-)/

Yall leave pso2 alone..!  =(

We_re all mad here.png

you mean pso2 or pso2 ngs? because pso2 was pretty great! but ngs came along and ate pso 2 like it was a snack and then sat on the couch and did nothing except charge us money...

Edited by theancientsam