Crashing after firing handgun

Rather annoying, honestly. So I played a year ago, and it worked fine. Used to run long plays and shit, now I cannot do that. When I start the game, it runs fine for like 30 seocnds, after I start a mission. I start fighting, once I shoot my handgun a few times, The game crashes, I don't get a crash dump file. It hangs for a second and then closes. 

Edited by Elza
more accurate title

Hmm. I can think of a few reasons; however, given the info I'm not really sure what could be causing the issue. Are you using any kind of skin for weapons, particles or something of the sort? This could make you crash if not correctly used.

Other things that come to mind:

- Conflicts with antivirus.

- Some kind of driver or software not correctly updated conflicting with the game.

- Something that pops up and closes the game but that you are not aware of.

(PS. Provided it's some issue caused by the game itself, I recommend reinstalling just in case)

Edited by Lobotomy
3 hours ago, Lobotomy said:

Hmm. I can think of a few reasons; however, given the info I'm not really sure what could be causing the issue. Are you using any kind of skin for weapons, particles or something of the sort? This could make you crash if not correctly used.

Other things that come to mind:

- Conflicts with antivirus.

- Some kind of driver or software not correctly updated conflicting with the game.

- Something that pops up and closes the game but that you are not aware of.

(PS. Provided it's some issue caused by the game itself, I recommend reinstalling just in case)

I solved my problem, I got bored and started browsing the FAQ of the site, and it tells me to add the game exe to DEP. Thank you for your time. 

Edited by Elza
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1