RAmarl or HUnewearl

Hey guys! So between all the classes, RAmarl and HUnewearl are my top two favorites. My RAmarl is in the 160s and HUnewearl is in the 120s. I enjoy both but would like to settle with one so I can focus on one character getting to 200 and getting better gear for it. Between the two which one would you pick and why? Help me decide! ☺️

You should ask yourself whether you enjoy more HU or RA gameplay. Personally, I get tired of playing the same shit over and over again, so I like swapping between HU RA and FO constantly. RA needs a bit less stuff to get working (and hit in wps is less mandatory) and it's easier and safer to play, but it's way more boring (imo, ofc).

Anyway, to the point. You should raise both, no particular priority; since each class covers different niches/options/complements teams in different ways, it's important to have access to a decent geared HU, RA and Fo at least, imo (to be able to meet the necessities of your team at the time).

If you are deciding about priority, the only issue you could have is this: you only have one (or in the future you will only have one) PGF as of yet and you have to decide whether to make DF or DM. DF is harder to use, but it's more rewarding. Since you are asking this, I'd go with -go for RA which is more "noob friendly"- (playing HU can be a bit frustrating at times, since you are very likely to die a lot when using DF if you don't know the quests very well) but as I said before, you should be focusing on enjoying the game above all.

(If you already have a DM and a DF, then you don't need to prioritize anything, just take some time to CCA your chars to lvl 200.)

A little caveat tho. If you plan on spamming TTF during non-events (something I find extremely boring, but which is nice to farm RRs), HUnew is the superior choice.

Edited by Lobotomy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I agree with Lobotomy that there is no reason to limit yourself to a single class, and it is true that the hunter gameplay is the most demanding, so it is wise to prioritise the ranger as long as you do not know the quests perfectly. Ramarl is the best class in the game when it comes to playing alone, which is also to be taken into account. Among the 4 hunter classes, casts remain much easier to master, hunewearl like humar are by far the most difficult to shine, I really only see TTF to give them the advantage of the terrain. Ramarl is comfortable everywhere, except for subterranean desert, pyro gorans that teleport behind his back and detonators are quite complicated to manage properly

I'm just repeating the wise advice of @applesaucin sensei the veteran

Edited by JupiterDeMars
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Thank you so much guys! No PGF weapons yet xD

good point, at the end of the day it is a game so not to limit myself and enjoy both! Thanks for your opinion guys thanks for taking the time to respond.

4 hours ago, Lobotomy said:

RA needs a bit less stuff to get working (and hit in wps is less mandatory) and it's easier and safer to play, but it's way more boring (imo, ofc).

Rude è_é

2 hours ago, JupiterDeMars said:

Ramarl is comfortable everywhere, except for subterranean desert, pyro gorans that teleport behind his back and detonators are quite complicated to manage properly. 

If that happens to be an Issue just remember RAmarl has jellen, and that Ultima Reaper Is one of the best weapons In episode 4, not just for helling satellite yowies, but also to deal with them gorans :onion120:

((except for detonators, they are hunters pretending to be rangers, quite lame ) 

• Like 1

I believe its very difficult to choose between the two characters! Personally HUnewearl is my favorite HU and RAmarl is my go to secondary RA! But if I where to make a choice I might like HUnewearl abit more than RAmarl, only because of the FO/HU hybrid playstyle. For instance with a certain build I could use Lindcray on HUnewearl and its a lot of fun!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, SanicTeam said:

I believe its very difficult to choose between the two characters! Personally HUnewearl is my favorite HU and RAmarl is my go to secondary RA! But if I where to make a choice I might like HUnewearl abit more than RAmarl, only because of the FO/HU hybrid playstyle. For instance with a certain build I could use Lindcray on HUnewearl and its a lot of fun!

I'm a little Interested about that certain build you mention about HUnewearl :rf-03: Gimme Gimme HUnewearl Stat plan! :onion-head16::D 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SanicTeam said:

Wait a lil' second... Is there any possible (serious) Hunew build where you don't use Lindcray?!

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Lobotomy said:

Wait a lil' second... Is there any possible (serious) Hunew build where you don't use Lindcray?!

Cant say there isnt loool

20 hours ago, Kotta said:

I'm a little Interested about that certain build you mention about HUnewearl :rf-03: Gimme Gimme HUnewearl Stat plan! :onion-head16::D 

iirc i think i just tried using a max stat plan 

nothing crazy, just had a lot of fun on the way towards getting lindcray lol