Sonic Team Armor Costumes!

Hey everybody what is going on? Riva here :rf-03: 

What would you think of implementing the Costumes in STA? As we well know, the STA does not have design/animation, so it would be spectacular if they made costumes for it, just like the RR has, and for each costume to have something special, what do you think (? It also doesn't have to be with halo rappy soul, it could be with another more difficult item to get...

The costumes could vary and there is a lot to offer, I have these in mind:

STA+Halo rappy soul (Or a new item harder to get)=Gravity Costume (Metroid reference XD)

Gravity costume= ATA+20 EVP+20

Gravity Suit Costume+Halo rappy soul (Or a new item harder to get)=Alva Armor Costume (Dark souls reference)

Alva Armor Costume= Tech Boost
: Shifta 100% Deband: 100% Resta: 75%
                                          Stat Boost: All+30
                                          Notes: Slowly drains HP over time when equipped

These are just two examples of what can be a great idea! just think about it :3

spy-x-family-anya.gif

• Like 2

The ATA boosts would make kroe sweater and godric cloak obsolete. And then, the one with 20 ATA no longer has any reason to exist if it can have 30 ATA at the price of one more halo soul

i d'prefer a tiny ATA buff of kroe sweater rather than making sta even more broken

Edited by JupiterDeMars
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, JupiterDeMars said:

The ATA boosts would make kroe sweater and godric cloak obsolete. And then, the one with 20 ATA no longer has any reason to exist if it can have 30 ATA at the price of one more halo soul

i d'prefer a tiny ATA buff of kroe sweater rather than making sta even more broken

I know, as I mentioned, they are just examples :rf-08:

1 hour ago, Rivaul said:

spy-x-family-anya.gif

The outcome was Inevitable :onion-head84:

ouchie_ouch.png?width=1043&height=586

[Also Is It just me or she looks like puppy Mojo jojo xD]

il_794xN.2945950422_6npx.jpg

• Like 2

On the topic of new armors, a new all class frame that's on the opposite spectrum of STA that provides little to no defensive (EVP / DFP / Resists) bonuses, but rather an offensive package. Could have built in Centurion/Battle, or +xxx ATP and +xx ATA, or a set bonus with some really critical offensive weapons (can be for weapons across all 3 classes). The armor package on Ultima is pretty stale and has been for years. RA / HU it's pretty much STA or bust. HUcaseal has Sue's Coat, but it doesn't really make her any better compared to the classes above her. FO sort of is stuck to STA as well since nuking is quite rare on Ultima and everyone just plays battle FO wearing STA lol. 

An armor like this could add a whole new dynamic to Ultima. As a server most of us are used to walking around being ~invincible to all elemental attacks, and even ATP based attacks. This is not typically the case on other versions of PSO where in order to play even "smoothly" you have to be at least mildly aware of your surrounding enemies and in game objects as to not die. An armor of this style could give at least the option (not niche either) for the user to pick between a hyper offensive style of play or a more modest style. 

• Like 3

I agree with Nou that STA shouldn't be made more broken. Like PGF, it's an item that should be kinda broken (even if you don't like it) due to how hard it is to farm, but it already outclasses almost everything in the game and it's a huge deal whether you have it or not, specially for end game content.

Leaving that aside, I think the visual part could be very interesting, just like in Ephinea they use items to change RR color. STA not having any cool visual despite being the best armor in the game is kinda sad. Moreover, adding/changing armor effs isn't as easy as changing wp textures so, it is not like me or ass (to provide an example) could come with some kind of: "replace your STA visual with this sick Red Aura Field visual" or something like that. That's why I think many people, myself included, would be very happy with chachi visual options implemented for STA. So I'm all in for farming to get STA skins!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Saber +7 said:

On the topic of new armors, a new all class frame that's on the opposite spectrum of STA that provides little to no defensive (EVP / DFP / Resists) bonuses, but rather an offensive package. Could have built in Centurion/Battle, or +xxx ATP and +xx ATA, or a set bonus with some really critical offensive weapons (can be for weapons across all 3 classes). The armor package on Ultima is pretty stale and has been for years. RA / HU it's pretty much STA or bust. HUcaseal has Sue's Coat, but it doesn't really make her any better compared to the classes above her. FO sort of is stuck to STA as well since nuking is quite rare on Ultima and everyone just plays battle FO wearing STA lol. 

An armor like this could add a whole new dynamic to Ultima. As a server most of us are used to walking around being ~invincible to all elemental attacks, and even ATP based attacks. This is not typically the case on other versions of PSO where in order to play even "smoothly" you have to be at least mildly aware of your surrounding enemies and in game objects as to not die. An armor of this style could give at least the option (not niche either) for the user to pick between a hyper offensive style of play or a more modest style. 

I like the idea, particularly having in-armor-centurion-battle (so as to have more flex spots for different units & builds), but here the content is geared towards having STA/PGF (makes sense, after all, they are the hard-to-get items of the server). An armor with poor EDK would be bad in most @R-78 quests, for instance, unless it provided such huge boosts so that the armor would then be ridiculously OP.

Going back to the topic. To be useful, such an armor would need to have resses close to STA. And, well, I think there's no need to explain why an offensive armor with STA resses shouldn't exist. I think that to spice the server it would be better to look away from STA/PGF and focus on other things. These items  are what make Ultima more unique after all. That's why I think that visuals is the best bet in this case.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Lobotomy said:

An armor with poor EDK would be bad in most @R-78 quests, for instance, unless it provided such huge boosts so that the armor would then be ridiculously OP.

Going back to the topic. To be useful, such an armor would need to have resses close to STA

You can definitely play around having low / no resists. It's what normal PSO players have to do lol. It's a normal part of game play to be aware of your surroundings and prioritize monsters that could potentially Megid you. On Ultima it doesn't happen because STA obviously, but every other version of PSO that's how it's played. 

If there really was an armor that was +0 all resists, +0 DFP / EVP , +150 ATP, +30 ATA, and a built in Centurion / Battle I would probably never wear STA again. 

I like the idea of having a different STA variant with an animation. I wonder if people would be against an upgrade of STA that adds a unit effect as a buff,  like built in Trap search, Smartlink, V502, V801, or some kind of cure unit. I think there could be something kind of like this that could work well.

By choosing these types of additions you aren't pushing out any stat/tech boosting armor's. I chose these units specifically, because I find that they could be a nice boost to certain characters that have a clunky unit setup for their build. I find STA to be a bit ridiculous already, but I think a change like this will be discreet enough to not buff the stronger classes that don't struggle with this problem.

• Thanks 2

Some visual upgrade for STA sure is welcome imo, but any game upgrade on this already broken as hell armor is a straight No.

• Like 3