Dark Meteor Basic Recolors

Lobotomy

So. It is no secret that there is only one DM skin available on the internet as of now (and if there are more, they are extremely hard to find and I'm completely unaware of them). Because of that, and also because I find that particular DM skin pretty ugly, I decided to share some basic recolors I made of DM. They are not very good, so don't expect much, but if you don't like the original color of DM, black is always a good bet, I guess. I made three thus far. Black, Pink and Purple. I'm gonna share them, just in case some of you find them useful or appealing. I could also try to make some other colours on request. However, take into account that I can't be sure whether I can make the colour you want or that it'll look good.

So. How to use the skin? It is simple. Inside the game's folder, there is this folder called "data". If you don't have a folder there called "items", you need to create it. Inside that folder there should be 2 other folders: "model" and "texture" (if you didn't have the folder "items", you also have to create these two folders). This allows you to use custom skins for -mags/wps- and such. For those who already use these kind of skins, you just need to copy the PRS file you want attached in the RARs into the folder "textures".

Para la gente que habla español y no habla inglés.

Es bien sabido que solo hay una skin de la Dark Meteor en internet ahora mismo (si hay más, son imposibles de encontrar y desconozco su existencia). Por este motivo, y porque la skin que existe ahora mismo de la DM no me gusta, decidí hacer unas modificaciones básicas al color de la DM que voy a compartir con vosotr@s. No son muy buenas, así que no espereis mucho, pero si no os gusta el color original de la DM, el negro es siempre una buena apuesta, supongo. Hice tres distintas. Negro, rosa y púrpura. Las voy a compartir por si le gustan a alguien. También podría intentar hacer un color específico si alguien tiene interés, pero no prometo que salga bien!

Entonces. Como usar la skin? Es muy fácil. Dentro de la carpeta del juego, hay una carpeta llamada "data". Si dentro de esa carpeta no tenéis una carpeta llamada "items", creadla. Dentro de esa carpeta debería haber otras 2: "model" y "texture", las cuales debéis crear también, de ser necesario. Esto os permitirá utilizar skins propias para -mags/armas- etc. Para l@s que ya usáis este tipo de skins, solo necesitáis copiar el PRS que os guste en la carpeta "texturas". Los PRS están en los RARs que os comparto.

Have a good one!

Eccle

Black Meteor.rar Pink Meteor.rar Purple Meteor.rar

Since it was too big for a single post, I couldn't post images. Here they are!

Pink Meteor 2.png

Pink Meteor.png

Dark Meteor 2.png

Dark Meteor.png

Purple Meteor.png

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Lobotomy said:

and also because I find that particular DM skin pretty ugly,

Pretty sure that was the Intended purpose :onion-head65:

You know, the description says 

Description: A special gene that eats away at objects on the Photon level and transfigures them.

It's not supposed to be something normal :onion-head63: but something eeeeeeeviiiiiiiiiil! :onion-head05:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

DM skinmapping its tricky, its a 128x128 skinmap that cannot be resized more than 256x256 , i usually go higher like 512x512 to make it "hd" textures and recolours for some weapons.

anyways this is my dm Skin with no recolours didnt like it the fact that cannot be sharper and detail so i drop it back in 2015.

dmskin.png

36 minutes ago, Guido Palau said:

DM skinmapping its tricky, its a 128x128 skinmap that cannot be resized more than 256x256 , i usually go higher like 512x512 to make it "hd" textures and recolours for some weapons.

anyways this is my dm Skin with no recolours didnt like it the fact that cannot be sharper and detail so i drop it back in 2015.

dmskin.png

Ey, that looks sick! I just opened gimp and messed with the colours randomly lol. Not really good at this stuff, but since there isn't really options out there, felt like trying. Share yours if you don't mind :0 (I'll stick to black tho, all is better when it is black).

1 hour ago, JupiterDeMars said:

@Lobotomy would be able to make a red/orange skin for glide v00 ?  : o

(model 226, texture 463)

also can i suggest an orange one for DM , dark bridge style c :

Yo Nou. I'll try, can't promise much about orange, red glide should be ez. I'll try tomorrow and hit u b :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lobotomy said:

Ey, that looks sick! I just opened gimp and messed with the colours randomly lol. Not really good at this stuff, but since there isn't really options out there, felt like trying. Share yours if you don't mind :0 (I'll stick to black tho, all is better when it is black).

dmskin2.png

Texture 197b.rar

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kuratulas said:

gj man looks sick : P 

ty bb I miss u :(

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mudkipzjm said:

eFjJXQS.png

One I had made a few years ago, still use it now.

Yo. That's nice. Do you know, by any chance, how the green color was changed? I've not been able to change it by modifying the texture.

9 minutes ago, Lobotomy said:

Yo. That's nice. Do you know, by any chance, how the green color was changed? I've not been able to change it by modifying the texture.

Tbh I have no idea since I'm not the one who edited the skin. i'll try asking the person who made it, though.

Theres 2 layers of skin on the green photon of dm, one is the green in the skin, which its not a light source. on the other hand the bright one that its in top layer is a light source, still trying to find out from which file or code comes from, the white shape with black background its the light shape on dm skin (file197) those 2 skins the top layer its deleted and theres no light source in it, just flat skin colour which can be any colour. as i said before, dm skin its weirdly coded.