High Hit Dark Weapon Base Hunt Strategy

Hello everyone,

While it may seem impossible to many, it is possible to put the odds a little more in your favor trying to get a 85%+ hit base for a PGF combine. Utilizing Viridia or Yellowbooze for Arms type weapons and Skyly for Calibers with this strategy. Something to do when its not HH and you do not know what else to hunt. The more of us that do this the more likely somebody will get something crazy ;) good luck. Evasion is vital to block the claws and keep them from opening. Frozen Faust and Arrest Faust are viable as well for this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

note for those that don't have sta - The second best evp armor is essentially free to get anytime, Stealth Suit is available in Gallon's Plan for 10-20 photon tickets (there's 3 items for 10/15/20 but I don't remember individual price offhand) from an npc in town (quick forest quest, 2 tickets per run on vhard, if you choose to side with npc at the end instead of gallon). It has no resists, 1dfp, but has 300evp making it second most evasive armor in the game, even more so than samurai armor (277), or wedding dress (244-284). It also makes weapons switch instantaneously, so bullets can't misfire. Though it does make items on ground harder to see as you can't see objects through your transparent body.

However, in practical terms if you aren't playing one of high evp classes (ramarl/hucaseal mostly), then trying to attain high evp is kinda pointless, as most chars don't have the extra room to raise evp anyway in addition to have significantly less to start with. Likely better to just use Traps on a cast or rabarta on a force rather than boost evp in most cases.

Humar is only class that doesn't have traps that could theoretically boost evp a lot, through extra mat space (maxes at 786 for char stat), and through Proof of Sword Saint (with specific katanas, sabers, twin swords, and two kamui) and his 3 free slots (+60evp each, technically higher than ramarl if geared out), though I think only excalibur and orotiagito/raikiri would have aoe potential :onion-head63:

As this strat is essentially just 'kill lots of weak monsters in high level areas', you can use whatever strategies you feel most suited to, even going full nuke force can work ok enough for just a few rooms like this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

note for those that don't have sta - The second best evp armor is essentially free to get anytime, Stealth Suit is available in Gallon's Plan for 10-20 photon tickets (there's 3 items for 10/15/20 but I don't remember individual price offhand) from an npc in town (quick forest quest, 2 tickets per run on vhard, if you choose to side with npc at the end instead of gallon). It has no resists, 1dfp, but has 300evp making it second most evasive armor in the game, even more so than samurai armor (277), or wedding dress (244-284). It also makes weapons switch instantaneously, so bullets can't misfire. Though it does make items on ground harder to see as you can't see objects through your transparent body.

However, in practical terms if you aren't playing one of high evp classes (ramarl/hucaseal mostly), then trying to attain high evp is kinda pointless, as most chars don't have the extra room to raise evp anyway in addition to have significantly less to start with. Likely better to just use Traps on a cast or rabarta on a force rather than boost evp in most cases.

Humar is only class that doesn't have traps that could theoretically boost evp a lot, through extra mat space (maxes at 786 for char stat), and through Proof of Sword Saint (with specific katanas, sabers, twin swords, and two kamui) and his 3 free slots (+60evp each, technically higher than ramarl if geared out), though I think only excalibur and orotiagito/raikiri would have aoe potential :onion-head63:

As this strat is essentially just 'kill lots of weak monsters in high level areas', you can use whatever strategies you feel most suited to, even going full nuke force can work ok enough for just a few rooms like this.
interesting, would be cool if we can see a stealth suit 2.0 in the future haha. secure feet also gives u great eva and is easy to hunt is like 230 eva or +

Enviado desde mi Moto G (5) mediante Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Fyrewolf5 said:

The key is getting the bulclaws to open up quickly and in a repeatable fashion. Ramarl I believe is overall the most viable for this unless there is a way to force bulclaws to open from afar. 3 minute runs seem fairly efficient 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, C01D1 said:

The key is getting the bulclaws to open up quickly and in a repeatable fashion. Ramarl I believe is overall the most viable for this unless there is a way to force bulclaws to open from afar. 3 minute runs seem fairly efficient 

I mostly just wanted to point out a cheap alternative for armor. Shouldn't really be difficult to get bulclaws to open on any class though, once they surround you they bite twice then open if still within range. The only real dangerous thing is if bulclaws use their rare 'reduce to 1 hp' attack but it's so uncommon to see. The bigger problem really is how to deal with the claws after without getting blocklocked (hence why I mention traps and force rabarta).

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Fyrewolf5 said:

I mostly just wanted to point out a cheap alternative for armor. Shouldn't really be difficult to get bulclaws to open on any class though, once they surround you they bite twice then open if still within range. The only real dangerous thing is if bulclaws use their rare 'reduce to 1 hp' attack but it's so uncommon to see. The bigger problem really is how to deal with the claws after without getting blocklocked (hence why I mention traps and force rabarta).

Ah, you mean the Bulk :onion-head65:

Don't they suicide when they are attacked, only? :onion-head49:

Yes Bulks suicide only after being damaged (0 doesn't work).

Casts can split them very easily and safely, just drop confusion traps and let them bite each other.

Fun fact though: Bulclaws don't necessarily need to attack someone before division. If you wait for long enough (about a minute) they will split alone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, R-78 said:

Yes Bulks suicide only after being damaged (0 doesn't work).

Casts can split them very easily and safely, just drop confusion traps and let them bite each other.

Fun fact though: Bulclaws don't necessarily need to attack someone before division. If you wait for long enough (about a minute) they will split alone.

Great info, I was using Confuse traps on my RAcast took them awhile to split, I will have to time a run with both classes and compare. 

7 hours ago, C01D1 said:

Great info, I was using Confuse traps on my RAcast took them awhile to split, 

It's because they bite each other until they split (aka when they stop being bulkclaw), and In the worst case scenario, If confused along other monsters (especially delsabers and Dark Bringers; randomly Belras) they are destroyed :onion-head65:

• Like 1