Is Ultima Perishing?

8 hours ago, ink said:

I stopped logging on because of this , it only benefits the 3 guilds with most players on server. For myself and other's who's time zone only allows us to play solo or duo don't see no benefits from this. Happy hour is another reason why play when you can wait for Happy Hour to maximise your time in the hunt better , in my opinion it would have been better to have a weekly kill count per account that boosted your DAR this would have made more frequent log on to play , and not just when the game mod's decide its a happy hour.

Getting rid of HH would be fantastic, put the droprates somewhere in the middle of HH and non HH. During events I seem to miss alot of HH and I do so much non HH hunting. I know that this is advantageous however it would get rid of the guilt of hunting all day jumping off then HH hitting 30 mins after you log and everyone else getting drops like candy. I also think what would be a neat Idea is to class lock rooms for no duplicate classes ie. No 2X HUcasts RAcasts Etc. 

2 hours ago, R-78 said:

That's the reason why I made hit event a month ago.

Glad to see it wasn't cool enough to be remembered :(

That event was very appreciated by many, but it still misses the main point that 2 full months is way  too long to go between major events. A mini event over several days won't fill the gap.

Other events have 2 weeks to 1 month in between, but I strongly vouch for 2 week max to be on the safe side.

Edited by jespence

2 hours ago, jespence said:

That event was very appreciated by many, but it still misses the main point that 2 full months is way  too long to go between major events. A mini event over several days won't fill the gap.

Other events have 2 weeks to 1 month in between, but I strongly vouch for 2 week max to be on the safe side.

If there MUST be an "event" on for the server to remain captivating then there's something systemically wrong with the way the server is being run.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Saber +7 said:

If there MUST be an "event" on for the server to remain captivating then there's something systemically wrong with the way the server is being run.

which is why people have warned several times already that time-gating essential items around events will hurt populations; I noticed Destiny doesn't use that and has higher population, and Ephinea which dwarfs everything else (222 right now!) ditched that some time ago.  

But that raises several other questions over why Ephinea is massively more popular than everyone else.

Also, PSO2 didn't kill Ephinea's large population, so we can't rely on that.

I would note that popularity is fundamentally about what most players want, and the signs are pointing to several factors including when core items are available.

• Like 1

On 9/3/2021 at 12:18 PM, jdhenry124 said:

Ultima started dying when they banned terror. his kind demeanor and razor sharp wit are sorely missed. Bring him back! in fact, give him Sabers old GM position! he can't be any more of an asshole than Wilson was

On 9/3/2021 at 1:20 PM, Varista said:

Just make Wilson owner dude, problem solved.

6 hours ago, Saber +7 said:

Why even bring me up. I've hardly been hanging around here to begin with. Literally just logging for sporadic TA. Aren't you in the midst of your own manic power trip son?

https://imgur.com/a/XnK1kAX

Your own "co-workers" don't even want to deal with you. No players take you serious. You've left all the Discords except your final bastion in the Scht BB Discord. The only reason you still even have power there to begin with is because no one has seen the server owner in months. Just sit down. Go do something productive outside of PSO or something.

All I am gonna say is y'all can drop that stuff, thanks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The way I see it is simple. If you enjoy it here try and recruit a few players. Speak highly of the server and appreciate all that we do have. We are extremely lucky to have not only this server but this forum to build our community. Next event we will see 100+ again I bet. 

14 hours ago, Larva said:

PSO2 rates already were already increase to promote the multiplayer. What else do you suggest?

I think instead of having a penalty for playing with people(Solo is still more efficient and will be favored for hardcore hunts, some of which will be coming up in a couple months), get rid of the penalty or even add bonuses for playing with others.

Another thing that could happen is something to encourage playing outside of events. Happy hour is nice, but only encourages playing for 3 hours out of the day, whenever someone decides to activate it. Ultima's high-population time is during events by far, but after easter and after summer event is when the population dwindles so much that you almost can't play anything with other people. Adding something to encourage playing during these large gaps in events would help a lot I think. Ephinea accomplishes this with their HBR system, although given Ultima's meta, I'm not sure if that'd accomplish much on this server.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jdhenry124 said:

Gee I wonder why Ultima has a hard time keeping new players around with the "Ultima is dead and we all know it" posts every other week.

I know.. what sup with that guy... :onion119:

• 2 years later...