Is Ultima Perishing?

55 minutes ago, ink said:

it only benefits the 3 guilds with most players on server

I didn't know non-members of those 3 guilds were not allowed to play with other people.

For myself and other's who's time zone only allows us to play solo or duo don't see no benefits from this.

Sure, duo totally doesn't get a 13% DAR improvement. There definitely isn't benefits for duo games, 4 players at least are required.

in my opinion it would have been better to have a weekly kill count per account that boosted your DAR this would have made more frequent log on to play

Then turn your post into << I stopped logging on because of this, it only benefits the 3 players who can play all day everyday on server. For myself and other's who's real life only allows us to play a couple hours per week don't see no benefits from this. >>

Anyway, our sincerest apologies for increasing multi DARs and ruining solo meta.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, Varista said:

Just make Wilson owner dude, problem solved.

Why even bring me up. I've hardly been hanging around here to begin with. Literally just logging for sporadic TA. Aren't you in the midst of your own manic power trip son?

https://imgur.com/a/XnK1kAX

Your own "co-workers" don't even want to deal with you. No players take you serious. You've left all the Discords except your final bastion in the Scht BB Discord. The only reason you still even have power there to begin with is because no one has seen the server owner in months. Just sit down. Go do something productive outside of PSO or something.

• Like 2

lets all try to get along. its hard to get our ideas all down when were typing on a message board like this. and its easy to want to start fighting and take something the wrong way. i would like us to have a constructive conversation for the server.  :) 

the population being this low has been a bit of a problem lately, you would think with a pandemic we would have more people than ever on here. not a good sign the server is doin bad while everyone is now staying home and stuck on their computers with covid (i know people are getting back to work but a lot of people still at home too and lock downs will be coming back, so this covid thing is not going away :( )  with that being said im pretty sure the server wouldnt need much, all we would need would be maybe some advertisement to get people flowing back in? i wonder what all ideas you guys have or if we should make a different thread for this? i do also think the lull periods between the events needs to have something done to mitigate it... this server has a little bit too much of (i have to hunt "that item" later, or i just missed "this item" and hey what event is "that item" and "oh dont worry you can farm it in the event you just missed  next year fam. yeah real time eat a d-" lmao) which is great for trading but for getting people to log in and play, it seems to have the opposite effect. and for new players its a whole mind explosion. 

also something funny to me is this server is better to the players than the other ones with happy hours and exp rates increased and special items yet people can see that psychologically. the other server who has no happy hours or anything does better because for them there is no "better" time to hop on than now. so ppl play all the time, and they will waste a ton of time there. here, even with hh not turned on we get xp x 3 and some other cool stuff to make the game faster to get to higher levels so u can get into ult, which difficulty in ult is harder. so it should be a nice hill to climb for a new guy. come in get xp get to ult get your ass kicked in ult and then work on gettin stronger. the biggest problem with that being is the poor guy is doing it by himself with no idea how to play cuz population is so low. also nobody stays level 1-20 for more than 5 minutes so these new guys dont have much of a chance. maybe i should make a thread and get these guys trained. ill see if i can help out some of the new people. i would ask anyone reading this to chip in too if you see someone. we have had like 5 newbies in the last week so i would really love to see them stick around. ok not gonna even re read this just gonna click post and see what kinda flac i get cheers lads

• Like 2

I think boosted Experience, Rares, Happy Hours and the ability to exchange money for maxed gear made Ultima players too spoiled over years, including myself. That's why I don't play since a while, just visit forums to check what's going on.

Now there isn't much reason for veterans players to stick on after they made everything they wish in game. And reversing all of such boosts would make people complain even more, it is difficult to do anything at this point.

Countless suggestions from the playerbase, including me, has been already suggested to perhaps try to mitigate this issue. This thread has thousands of suggestions, good and bad ones, that are way too difficult to implement, or depends on major's staff decisions.

The truth is, you all just don't want to accept we already had enough of PSO:BB, even if it was another server, the core will be the same game. I don't think any other MMO has been supported by fans that many years. It is actually surprising people play Blue Burst in 2021, an update that is 17 years old from a game that is almost 21 years old. So idk, if any you are trying to find something brand-new, then in my opinion PSO:BB isn't for you. Play this game for nostalgia and accepting there won't be much else to do besides hunting the same items and gearing your character towards level 200.

18 hours ago, Lipelis said:

If only there were a Discord server... 4ab.png

If only Lipelis was a GM, nothing of that would happen ... 4ab.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

ps dont let saber find out you have dirty laundry lmaooo

11 hours ago, killswitch said:

ultima need make a new ship with new hard as hell mission with 4x exp banned the use of dark weapon flame visit, ramblin may, and solforino do massive damage or add a vanillia type server with c-mode fix...the first time attack server normal drop rate for all the crybabies and elites enjoy ... for the love psobb

man i dont mind this idea. i would love a harder difficulty but i dont see why i would limit my wep selection. maybe some quests but not the whole ship but yes where the heck is that cracked mode or whatever that would be nice. then again there is already CCC and i cant beat that so why do i need anything harder xD

14 minutes ago, theancientsam said:

ps dont let saber find out you have dirty laundry lmaooo

man i dont mind this idea. i would love a harder difficulty but i dont see why i would limit my wep selection. maybe some quests but not the whole ship but yes where the heck is that cracked mode or whatever that would be nice. then again there is already CCC and i cant beat that so why do i need anything harder xD

Ultima already has a handful of quests that the average party likely can't clear. CCC, CF4, RoW, some of Shiidas customs and I'm sure others I am forgetting. Ultima actually has the most consistent and bountiful quest collection of any of the private BB servers. In addition to this Ultima has a vast sea of custom items. New content in the form of quests or items isn't the issue.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, R-78 said:

I didn't know non-members of those 3 guilds were not allowed to play with other people.

The point is they don't have to group with non guild members cause they all ready maxed out team , not the case of the ain't allowed.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ink said:

The point is they don't have to group with non guild members cause they all ready maxed out team , not the case of the ain't allowed.

I can tell you it is very frequent that those teams members play with non team players.

I agree usually team members play more with other team members, but odds of not reaching multiples of 4 players everytime are high.

Next time we meet, I will gladly welcome you in our games if you want in.

• Like 1

awhile back there was legit pso... they reskin alot of monster to make a harder map...i would like to see that at ultima...like girt hit hard like dorphan ... have u seen dorphan in episode 1... i did at legit nyck pso...i still has the files, i dont think it work but still...a little change for a better pso of tomarrow.

Summer event ended July 18, and the next event will probably be around September 18, so that's about 2 full months in between.  I strongly suggest not to go more than about 2 weeks between events because each week motivation and population will drop.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jespence said:

Summer event ended July 18, and the next event will probably be around September 18, so that's about 2 full months in between.  I strongly suggest not to go more than about 2 weeks between events because each week motivation and population will drop.

That's the reason why I made hit event a month ago.

Glad to see it wasn't cool enough to be remembered :(

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, R-78 said:

Anyway, our sincerest apologies for increasing multi DARs and ruining solo meta.

GVUH7LXAAZDSDN242K5HSK45RA.jpg

How can you forgive us criminals for our Illegal actions If we were In the wrong path :"L

There tends to be a usual concept that advertising and/or promoting this server will help it. It won't and won't ever help it. No matter how many people you bring into this server, the outcome will fall back to the issue it has right now as those new players quit to move onto something else or even defect to another server. 

No server is perfect but efforts to make a server better is the most constructive way to go. Throwing a ton of new quests and items into the game isn't fixing anything. 

If the structure of the server is bad, then it will never improve. This isn't 2008 anymore. The amount of decrepit qol that still lingers on Ultima hiding behind all the customs is preposterous. Just look at these threads. Has anyone counted the amount of times a thread has appeared on Ultima forums covering how "the server is dying"? 

Now I won't go into any details because anything and everything I can say has already been said. My point here are 4 simple things:

- HH is a disaster

- DTs and WoI are disasters

- The QoL needs lot of modern touch ups.

- Events need to spice the gameplay and not be the pinnacle of progression. 

Customs are amazing and fun when kept in check. Ultima power crept the game to the moon though when the game is already easy. All these broken customs should have been relegated to another drop chart in some Post-Ultimate Difficulty. This way, new players aren't gatekept from advancing. Some customs that can help advance into this higher Difficulty could be distributed throughout the Ultimate Mode drop chart year round. Of course, this would shift the meta to a new dimension but that already happened with the release of Blue Burst.

This is likely all just going to be words to the wind but it has to be reiterated. No matter what you do or say; if the QoL is bad, then everything else is bad. 

If you want to read an in-depth take on my thoughts on this server, click here: 

Edited by Amaranthine
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Quite honestly, I think events are the worst times for newer players to join. They join hoping to hunt some cool new item only to be greeted by locked rooms. Even now lol, if I was a new player joining and I saw the topic "IS ULTIMA PERISHING?" I'd have my doubts about this server.(Also it doesn't help that you can see the low player count from this forum)

I don't wanna echo comments, but let's all be real here.... most regular players here would rather not play with randoms in their games, especially if their hunting event items, they'd do it solo or with a team. I can't imagine most new players are actually hunting or accomplishing anything in events anyways, since most can't and then they leave.

• Like 3